It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man grows 6in through surgery - Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Now for most of you probably, your mind was in the gutters but this man actually got a surgery to increase his height. They say its very painful and takes times and a lot of physical therapy.. But its definitely worth it. The one went from from 4'11 to 5'2. The other, starting at 5'6, grew more than 6' and is still growing!

Despite the pain and financial burden, patients like Apotheosis say those few more inches of height can make a big difference. "When I walk down the street a different person perceived differently by the world for the rest of my life, you know, I am who I want to be now," he said.

Video and article here

I think this is pretty amazing but bone cringing... no pun intended

I bet you these guys have a lot of determination and will power though.
to them
edit on 24-2-2012 by BelowPublicKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I saw this earlier online.

He must have really disliked his height to go through so much.

Surgeons break the leg bone in two and implant a state-of-the-art telescopic rod into the middle of the broken bones which then pulls the bone apart very slowly, about one millimeter a day.

That does not sound like something I'd want to do to be taller. I hope he is happy with his height now. It is interesting what we can do in the medical field esp if you have the money.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thanks for this "bone cringing" find ...

I didn't know this was possible, however reminds me of a South Park episode.

Oh well, the "lengths" people will go to for inner peace

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

I see what you did there
The one guy goes "I'll be 6'2 in four weeks." likes its nothing lol.
edit on 24-2-2012 by BelowPublicKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BelowPublicKnowledge

Hahah! Yeah, like he's just gotta pop round to the shops and pick up a couple of inches and mix it in his Porridge!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's ridiculous that people feel they have to go through this in order to fit into society. I'm pretty short, still taller than this guy post-op, so I know the petty prejudices he goes through. I wouldn't have this op though.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BelowPublicKnowledge

I am 5'1 And have always wanted to be A bit taller....

But personally I would not want to go through that!

I mean wow! I think being small is ideal rather than go through that kinda ordeal!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Maybe he'll get a "leg-up" in life!

I doubt this will be the last leg of his troubles.

...if I put anything else, I'll just ruin it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Your making jokes about this!?

Your pulling my leg right?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
It's ridiculous that people feel they have to go through this in order to fit into society. I'm pretty short, still taller than this guy post-op, so I know the petty prejudices he goes through. I wouldn't have this op though.

Yep.

A lot of people act like height is the end matter with what counts in life or attracting people.
But that's obviously not true because there is much more to each person than how high your head is.
For example height is not so important in attracting people if you have no social skils etc

It's all about confidence guys.
Has anyone seen the very short guy in the TV Show "Game Of Thrones"
Now in my opinion because of his confidence that guy is an attractive and very likeable man, and I'm not gay.

edit on 24-2-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by ANOK

Yep.

A lot of people act like height is the end matter with what counts in life or attracting people.
But that's obviously not true because there is much more to each person than how high your head is.
For example height is not so important in attracting people if you have no social skils etc

It's all about confidence guys.
Has anyone seen the very short guy in the TV Show "Game Of Thrones"
Now in my opinion because of his confidence that guy is an attractive and very likeable man, and I'm not gay.

edit on 24-2-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

This is the truth. I'd totally hit it

Its all personality to me.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

it is a universal truth that small people are thought to be inferior and stupid by tall people unless you are obnoxious like danny devito or hitler and constantly shouting or abusing your power.

top topics

join