It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Debate Ignores High Price of Gas! Pelosi Blames POTUS for High Price of Gas!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Pelosi is blaming the speculators for the high price of gas.

In her mind Obama can do no wrong

From what I got from the video, Pelosi was mainly blaming the Bush administration for their focus on cutting costs for big oil corporations as opposed to looking for alternatives. The only way she'd appear hypocritical would be if the Obama administration was doing the same thing, focusing on big businesses and not alternatives. Does the Obama administration hold a similar energy policy to the Bush administration? This will answer as to whether she is being hypocritical today.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Pelosi is blaming the speculators for the high price of gas.

In her mind Obama can do no wrong

From what I got from the video, Pelosi was mainly blaming the Bush administration for their focus on cutting costs for big oil corporations as opposed to looking for alternatives. The only way she'd appear hypocritical would be if the Obama administration was doing the same thing, focusing on big businesses and not alternatives. Does the Obama administration hold a similar energy policy to the Bush administration? This will answer as to whether she is being hypocritical today.

It's obvious Pelosi is giving Obama a pass on the high price of gas.

She has to blame someone else. Oh, i know! It's the speculators!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Think with me.

We would rather get our oil from our friend Canada then the volatile middle east.

We're not merely talking about our Canadian friend here, we're talking about private Canadian producers who have interests and clients beyond North American soil. What evidence do you that the keystone pipeline was to provide to the U.S and only the U.S? So they built a pipeline all the way down the Mexican gulf to provide us with our energy needs right? Surely you're not this naive Eurisko.

Even the diehard democrats admitted the Keystone Pipeline would create 20,000 jobs.

Is there any facts behind this claim?

Transcanada (TRP), the energy giant bidding to build the pipeline, projects the undertaking would create 20,000 jobs in the U.S., including 13,000 positions in construction and 7,000 in manufacturing.

That figure, based on a report by a consulting firm hired by Transcanada to assess the project's economic impact, has been widely cited by Keystone backers on Capitol Hill. Other estimates advanced by supporters of the pipeline have been even more optimistic, with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce claiming it could create 250,000 permanent U.S. jobs.

Obama denies Keystone XL permit
Official: White House to nix US-Canada pipeline
Transcanada: New route for pipeline nearly done

But subsequent analysis suggests that Keystone's job-creating potential is more modest. The U.S. State Department calculated last year that the underground pipeline would add 5,000 to 6,000 U.S. jobs. One independent review of Keystone puts that number even lower, with the Cornell University Global Labor Institute finding that the pipeline would add only 500 to 1,400 temporary construction jobs.

www.cbsnews.com...

But of course you'd believe Transcanada right? Surely they wouldn't lie to the American puplic for business purposes?

Any facts about 20,000 jobs being created? D- Jan Schakowsky

"20,000 jobs really isn't that many."

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yeah, Nancy, we've come along way baby. Obama's made the gas price better now hasn't he? Of course, he's only had 3 three years. He's just getting his feet wet. I'm sure another term will bring us all the change our hearts can hold.

If there is any way to manipulate the price of gas prior to the election I'm sure he will.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Isn't it so odd how that works. Your example here states that 20,000 jobs really isn't that many. Hmm.. Is that a fact?

So.... When Republicans lost jobs by the 10's of thousands at a whack, it was enough to scream for days about. When Obama and his party CHOOSE to walk away from creating 20,000 new ones...it's no biggie because there weren't THAT many anyhow. Yeah... I'm SURE the small businesses in dozens of towns from Canada to the termination point agree. All that extra cash while workers and construction crews were in town making this thing is...no big deal. 20,000 more people spending money they don't have today...well.. no biggy at all.

You know..I don't think the 400+ jobs in the House are 'all that many'. Neither are the 100 in the Senate. Compared to 20,000, they think nothing of...500+ don't even compare. So, lets cut those wasted jobs and the benefit packages they carry. Who'll care? It's only a few.

Note: I went back and re-read this...to prevent any misunderstanding in how I put things..It isn't your post that infuriates me. We agree. My tone and anger is from the source of such attitudes and policies.

edit on 24-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Even people that are not aware of the left wing, government controlled, media bias should recognize this travesty.

This is why FOX News dominates them in the ratings.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The FIRST THING Obama would want to do in an election year is do everything he can to raise oil prices.

Makes sense right fellas?

If he really wanted to destroy the country...why not wait till after re-election when pure hellfire will rain upon all of us.

edit on 24-2-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Doesn't matter...still a small percentage of the population watches Fox News....but obviously it's very important to you sir.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I wish I could ignore the high gas prices~!~
UGH!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Even people that are not aware of the left wing, government controlled, media bias should recognize this travesty.

Everybody runs to Fox News for Fair & Balanced reporting.

MSNBC gets their stories from Media Matters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join