It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India, China fuel demand spiking prices, says Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm

Oh, I got this one right friend, now you know why the west wants to decimate another big oil producing country so the new emerging economies can not have free flow and access to oil but depend on the mafia that rules oil supplies right now.

US oil mafia and friends (the emirates and Saud Family) can not have countries around supplying cheaper oil to countries that need it and now can afford it.

Welcome to the NWO you either with them or ostracized.

And guess what you government will do what the big oil mafia suppliers tell them to do, because as long as the powers in you country get rewards the people will pay the price.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by deepankarm

And guess what you government will do what the big oil mafia suppliers tell them to do, because as long as the powers in you country get rewards the people will pay the price.

I agree. Politicians no matter which country are all fruits of the same tree. Ofcourse Obamas statement is a political one. However I wouldn't pay too much attention to it 'deepankarm'. I'm sure you would agree how corrupted and political propogandas are created and used in Politics including in India. Its the same globally.
It really doesn't matter to a great extent as per how we feel or vote since we do not have control over what the elected official will do or change his/her mind once in power.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The USA does import more oil than it needs. Otherwise how could gasoline end up as our #1 export?

Fuel is top US export

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
The USA does import more oil than it needs. Otherwise how could gasoline end up as our #1 export?

Fuel is top US export

No crap, eh?

As I already explained, the US imports crude forms of oil (like bitumen from the Canadian tar sands or oil shade from Venezuela) and then refines it, and sells the excess refined stuff back to countries that don't have the refining capacity. It's part of how other countries become dependant on US fuel exports, but nowhere in this equation does the US produce enough fuel to even make up half of its consumption rate.

And the US will never increase production rates because they have already exploited their easy to access oil and hit peak production; now, it will cost exponentially more and more to extract oil, to the point that it is simply cheaper to acquire it elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

You know is all a hoax about US no having enough oil, if that was the reason then US private interest government will not be contracting their biggest oil wells in the Gulf and Alaska to the UK.

Oil shortage is a well executed propaganda to keep the oil demand and prices high.

Iraq and Iran have plenty of oil, but the oil mafia and manipulators do not want that oil accessible and cheap.

The same reason that US oil rather is contracted away than exploited to benefit US citizens.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You know is all a hoax about US no having enough oil, if that was the reason then US private interest government will not be contracting their biggest oil wells in the Gulf and Alaska to the UK.

Oil shortage is a well executed propaganda to keep the oil demand and prices high.

Iraq and Iran have plenty of oil, but the oil mafia and manipulators do not want that oil accessible and cheap.

The same reason that US oil rather is contracted away than exploited to benefit US citizens.

A nice theory that I have heard many times before. Unfortunately this is exactly what we cover in academics and there is never any mention or evidence of such a theory in any serious source. It's just a theory to make the US seem more powerful than it really is.

And trust me, if this was more than just a theory, the hidden American oil wouldn't be much of an asset to the US because it would be completely secure in corporate hands. The Americans would be begging for corporate overlords if the rest of their oil was squarely within private hands.
edit on 24-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BookofKnowledge

Friend, i am just a 'poor' citizen and my words just denote my frustation.
You wanna know which words i have for our own politicians???
Any person with an ounce of logic would know the reason behind the price rise.
My apology to my American friends.
We all are on the same boat.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The oil patch was blaming rising demand in India and China a couple of years ago when oil prices were surging. The real reason for high prices is what it has always been--collusion amongst the big oil companies to extract maximum profit. Heard of the Anti-Trust Division of the Justice Department lately? No, because busting up the trusts is no longer on the agenda, and hasn't been for a long time.
edit on 24-2-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm
First of all let me tell you that i am an Indian.
Many fellow Americans may feel offended but in my view the level of hypocrisy of your country disgusts me.
We are driving oil prices???

Actually, you are.

The demand for oil is rising in China and India, so that's going to raise the price. Nothing to get your panties in a bunch over. It's just life. I'm not gonna get all pissed off at India about it.

Originally posted by deepankarm
Obama is an insult to 'common sense' and i pity my American friends who have to live with this idiot as the president of your country....
Sorry, but i can't control myself....

Trust me, it's worse than you think.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Another theory that you will find plenty of information in the net is that the only reason US have not collapsed yet with the incredible debt it have is due also to the same fact. US as an oil producing country can always back its dollar.

When you have the time, read into the Geopolitical wars and the Petrodollar, perhaps you will understand more why everything is so complicated when it comes to how US protect its oil interest, this is been ongoing since the late seventies, when Tax payer dollars were used to prop Saudi Arabia oil production while the US started to claim American oil was becoming hard to produce.

When it comes to profits and corporate dictatorship we the masses are feed only what the corporate government with the corporate media wants.

After a generation or two of spoon feeding the people what the government wants them to be fed they will believe anything.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Another theory that you will find plenty of information in the net is that the only reason US have not collapsed yet with the incredible debt it have is due also to the same fact. US as an oil producing country can always back its dollar.

When you have the time, read into the Geopolitical wars and the Petrodollar, perhaps you will understand more why everything is so complicated when it comes to how US protect its oil interest, this is been ongoing since the late seventies, when Tax payer dollars were used to prop Saudi Arabia oil production while the US started to claim American oil was becoming hard to produce.

When it comes to profits and corporate dictatorship we the masses are feed only what the corporate government with the corporate media wants.

After a generation or two of spoon feeding the people what the government wants them to be fed they will believe anything.

No offense, but I'm not exactly uneducated in this subject. I study geopolitics in university among experts and politicians and nowhere is your theory entertained. We get our facts from credible books, legitimate documentaries, news reports from top tier networks (like the Financial Times) who are above ideology, and actual government documents.

We study why the US goes after resources outside of its own territory. Main reason- because they need it. Second reason- they wish to deny it to others.

In fact, we specifically study credible American sources (specifically scholars and geopolitical experts and advisors), including the right wingers, and it's still the same story.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I am from the old schools, I grew up in the seventies as a teen started college and by 1981 I was finished, so the rest is been on keeping off with the research in my spare time.

The new school of thoughts are now a littler bit different that they were when I was a young college student in the late 70s

Life was a lot easier and we were not so full of bias like today.
Plus is no very nice to see how our once great nation have developed into in the last 30 years.

You be surprised how many people have no clue what went on during the seventies when it comes to oil shifting productions.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I am from the old schools, I grew up in the seventies as a teen started college and by 1981 I was finished, so the rest is been on keeping off with the research in my spare time.

The new school of thoughts are now a littler bit different that they were when I was a young college student in the late 70s

Life was a lot easier and we were not so full of bias like today.
Plus is no very nice to see how our once great nation have developed into in the last 30 years.

You be surprised how many people have no clue what went on during the seventies when it comes to oil shifting productions.

The only thing that is important to know about the 70s is the evolution of neo-liberalism; architect was Milton Friedman. First test subject was Chile. Pinochet commandeered Chile and was fully backed by the US, and in turn he instituted the free-market model. Inflation boomed, jobs were lost, masses were imprisoned, many tortured or disappeared... and then Friedman got the Nobel Peace Price for it.

This was the progenitor of the shock doctrine of today.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join