It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help PLEASE upgrading my pc

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Well in single player WHEN it lets me play...peice of # EA servers...it runs perfectly between 52 and 62fps in the main battles on ultra it looks stunning it even looks great to my gf lol just dont understand why the big change in multiplayer unless its something to do with them?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Ive found a case i want it seems good for cooling what do you think?

www.amazon.co.uk...=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1332082106&sr=8-12

Im either buying this on tuesday or the SSD becouse my GPU is getting really hot for past 2 days so hopefully all the fans in this new case will help it cool down? Also thinking of buying a second gtx 560ti now instead of in a year or 2 just to get it out the way and make things more stable.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Ok scratch the last message. Im looking for a new case that will cool my cpu and gpu instead of having to spend alot on a water cooling system and heat sync's and ive found a few cases i like but im not sure how they will do what do you think?

www.amazon.co.uk...=pd_cp_computers_0

www.amazon.co.uk...=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1332112344&sr=1-2

www.amazon.co.uk...=sr_1_34?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1332112433&sr=1-34

www.amazon.co.uk...

I cant find any info on wether i could fit more fans to the jupiter gaming case, i like the CiT Vantage case and it has 4 fans and i think it said 5 more can be attatched and water cooling in the future if needed. The inwin maelstrom is supposedly good but i have no idea the case looks strange to me but looks like it would keep things cool but the thermaltake v9 black edition by far looks the coolest in my opinion i just dont know if those huge fans will give it the cooling i need or will it be just a big waste of money?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Get the Corsair 400R. There really isnt a whole lot of competition for that case, in the price range.

And it sounds like the Lag Monster has been visiting you
Thats always the toughest enemy to slay!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the help
i was going to buy the case you showed me but a few bills came my way i didnt know about so i had to find something a bit cheaper but in doing that i found somethin that looks amazing and from the things ive seen about it on youtube its perfect and will keep everything nice and cold

www.amazon.co.uk...=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Even has a digital screen for controlling the temp and fans

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

If you are happy, that is what matters.

This is just a heads up for you, but the wattage delivered through that fan controller wont be enough for any "serious" fans, only low flow ones. And the case will likely not support a 240mm radiator (for water cooling, if you want the option). You also do not have enough room for some of the larger GPUs on the market, if you ever want the option. If those things are not a concern, then youll be fine!

edit: I looked it up, and the fan controller actually looks like it can handle decent single fans. Just, you know, make sure what you are buying actually comes with it and isnt just using it as a picture
I only say that since the pictured fan controller costs almost as much as that case. Also note, that you only have limited outputs, and the fan controller wont efficiently handle more than one fan per channel.
edit on 21-3-2012 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Ok well according to the company it comes with 5 fans installed all LED lights but doesnt come with the fan controller...i got worried and asked them earlier becouse its in the picture but the assholes told me its just a product picture...i told them thats false advertisement and i want my money back...i love the case it looks great lit up and has plenty of fans to use and space i wouldnt be adding alot of HDD just 1 and a SSD with maybe 1-2 blueray drives. I thought the review said it could hold up to a 240mm watercooling fan? im sure there was a video on youtube that had one installed

www.zalman.com...

I was going to buy the one in the link below its a bit cheaper and looks pretty good and comes with alot of fan space and could fit my GPU but after seing the model in the link above i didnt have much of a choice with how cool it looks lol.

www.zalman.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

Yeah, people use pictures like that all the time. Caveat emptor and all that. Their product description makes no mention of the fan controller.

Id be interested to see what kind of 240mm rad and loop they fit in there, and how they did it. Depending on the motherboard, you could probably fit a "thin" radiator up top without too much trouble. You could easily fit a 120mm rad in there too, but that will not be acceptable for a full water loop (with gpu/cpu). Just keep in mind, you need enough clearance for at least one set of fans, and the radiator. Ideally, enough room for two sets of fans (for push/pull on either side of the rad). Im sure there are a few people out there who have even modified the case itself, same goes for pretty much every case out there. You can keep that in mind for yourself too (you are not "stuck" with the stock case).

Its kind of a moot point if you are not going to actually water cool though.

For the case, why dont you just save up a tiny bit more money and get a definitively quality case? Its probably the only piece you are buying right now that will never lose its relevance for any future build. Thats why its good to make sure it can do everything you want, or could ever want.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sinohptik

Ya i was going to buy the corsair case you showed me i really wanted it i love whole black powder coated pc cases especialy ones that i can mod the crap out of like the corsair case, i know i could of fit anything i wanted in with it aswell...when this case comes from those assclowns ill have a quick look at it and send it back just hope by the time i get my money refunded ive been paid again and have NOTHING to pay out again...this time around i had to pay for prettymuch everything you can imagine bill-wise thats why i had to drop the price a little. Well i want water cooling and alot of fans so i dont have to worry about a nuke reactor going off in my house but atm i cant convince my gf to let me buy a water cooler she says it will split and ruin my pc.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ive just watched a youtube video of the corsair case you sent me and the guy was talking about radiators, does he mean with the water cooler or can you buy radiators specialy for the computer instead of a fan?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

I only say save up a bit more because you will (hopefully) have the case "forever." So, its good to get the exact thing you want!

If I remember right, you said you already have a case right now, correct? If thats true, then you should be able to get by just fine until you can get the extra quid to get the case you really want. Im just giving advice from a position of a lot of experience, both personal and professional. What size fans does your current case use? Most are 12cm, so you could get those for this case, and then transfer them over. Even with water cooling, your case will benefit from having proper airflow.

So, there IS a risk of the water spilling. There is ALSO a risk of me getting struck by a fire hydrant shaped meteor in the next two seconds.. wait for it.. ok, still good
Basically, you need to make sure all the seals are correct and tight, and you should just look in on your PC every once in a while. People have been running water cooling for a long time, and as long as you take care of it properly, it wont spill.

Of course, my guess is your girlfriend could not care less whether your PC is ruined by water, and just wants you to spend the money on her instead

With a water system, you have your radiator, your reservoir, your pump, and your water blocks. There is a bit more, but those are the basics. You can purchase all of these separately, and there are quite a few different ones to choose from. The radiator is basically like your heat sink. The "hot" water flows through there, and is cooled off, before returning to the loop. The more air that flows through the radiator, the better cooling you get. So, the radiator will still use fans, etc. Radiators tend to use 240mmx120mm dimensions, and will vary in thickness. Cases that have watercooling as a priority (and not some tacked on feature) will have a space for this radiator to go, usually in the top of the case, with enough clearance to make sure any fans you put on it will not hit the mobo.

Essentially, water cooling works in exactly the same way as air cooling. It just uses water to conduct heat away from components instead of air.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hmm ok ill just use fans for the case and a watercooler for the CPU seems easier and less expensive, the case i have atm is a thermaltake soprano its a big case with 3 fans there are 2 14cm fans 1 at the front and 1 at the back and a 12mm on the side panel but i leave that off it seems to cool down better without it. Well i got a slip through the post today saying they TRIED to deliver the case i ordered even tho i was waiting for it...the guy just posted the slip and went he didnt even knock the prick and they wanted me to pay £12 for re-delivery so ive argued and its coming tomorrow for free so i get to have a good look at it. Well if this case is good i MIGHT keep it im not sure ive been looking at touch screen lcd fan controllers that look pretty cool and have good reviews but if i did buy it all in all it would come just under £100 so i might aswell just buy the corsair case you showed me becouse its big has lots of fans and space for improvement and its future proof. Nope the gf is genuinly worried about my pc she uses it aswell for world of warcraft lol and she doesnt like me spending alot on pc things thats why im on a budget like i give her with clothes and other things lol.
edit on 22-3-2012 by LvSLoLo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ok the case came today and tbh it looks great and all i need to do is buy 1 blue led 140mm fan for the top...bit worried about the smell tho, i left the room for a while and left bf3 playing for maybe 5-10mins and when i came back the room smelled like petrol and i dont know why. Ive never had a new case before so i dont know if its burning out or just becouse its a new case

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
well my graphic card just died...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This setup is pretty good, you can trust it.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserMax
This setup is pretty good, you can trust it.
I did untill my graphic card died, now im looking for a new 1 either a GTX 570 or HD 7870 or at a push a 7950

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
i think your dualcore processor can handle the high graphic games like battle field NFS and much more, when it come to gaming PC you don't need to spend so much proper balance of RAM and graphics card will do. I mean if you have a 512 VC 3gb of RAM up will do. just like that mate.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by HurtMeNot
i think your dualcore processor can handle the high graphic games like battle field NFS and much more, when it come to gaming PC you don't need to spend so much proper balance of RAM and graphics card will do. I mean if you have a 512 VC 3gb of RAM up will do. just like that mate.
I have a x6 core bulldozer processor lol, ive got 8gb ram and hopefully a AMD HD 7870 when they FINALY give me my refund they said they had on the 4th...

<< 2  3  4   >>

join