It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Koran Burning Incident and Response

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegear
.They are getting fired up because of these lies.

Ahh that's OK then.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but OH SHIII I WAS GUNNA DIE when someone thought I burnt a Qur'an!

Whew, good call brother. We can all rest in peace now.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
From what I understand, the Qurans were scribbled with hate messages being sent from prisoner to prisoner, so they burned the books. Meanwhile, when the Afghans have a bible burning ceremony no one says a thing. So I say too bad, get over it already.

edit on 24-2-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

Yet it is ok for them to confiscate christians bibles and burn them in front of them? Can you say hypocrisy? Did you not know Lebanon used to be a predominantly christian nation until the muslim came in and started taking over the area and...burning BIBLES and forcing sharia on people who are not even muslim?

Come now, I would hope there aren't any people on this website that are so ignorant as to believe that if Islam conquered the world and worldwide sharia was established, that people of different religions would be left alone in peace and free of sharia. Ofcourse not! Sharia would be forced on people who aren't even muslim and do not believe what islam spouts and we know this because thats what they did in the middle east when Islam first arose, "infidels" (thats means jews, christians and pagans alike) were killed and forced to convert on pain of death and islamic law was forced on everyone despite they had different beliefs, and not a damn thing has changed today and anyone that believes it has, is a fool.
edit on 24-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I myself am an Atheist/Agnostic. I own a copy of the Bible, the Holy Vedas, and am looking into getting a copy of the Koran (just need to find a good translation), books on Norse mythology, and Egyptian Mythology.

I may not believe in any of these stories, and in all honesty the modern day believers of the three major religions are quite obnoxious in my opinion (the hardcore zealots at least.).

But I also respect these books. I would never allow anyone to burn these, or any other of my books. Book burning is a sign of complete ignorance, and absolute disrespect.

This is an obvious ploy of instigation and is quite sad to see so called "honorable" American troops stooping to the level of a 5th grade bully.

How immature.

edit on 2/24/12 by ideasarebulletproof because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
While it is indeed an insult to the religion, nevertheless, it is only an act that deserve material compensation, but not debts of precious human lives.

The true essence of any religion lays NOT in material worth, but within one's heart. The outwardly forms, such as fasting, abstinence, dress code, etc, are but useless in the eyes of our common Creator.

His teachings is for us to react to societal conditions correctly and civilisedly, with free will from our heart, that hurts none as taught from His teachings. That is what truly matters.

The destruction of material worth is useless, for that which lays in our heart and soul is eternal, and nothing can destroyed that.

Only those whom have no faith will cry over the destruction of man made material worth, and will only earn eternal damnation if even innocent human lives are destroyed over such destructions. INNOCENT human lives - religious or atheists, are more precious than man made materials, and no mortal has that right to murder under any circumstances.

Those who seek for the death of innocents over such presumed or misunderstood insults are not religious faithfuls, but beasts whom reviled in the blood sacrifices of humanity, which are an abomination in the eyes of our common Creator. May the religious faithfuls not be misled yet again.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Actually...we are ALWAYS our own worst enemy. NOBODY is as good at killing Americans as other Americans are.

-The Civil War racked up approx. 850,000 military casualties...more than ALL of the major armed conflicts of the 20th century COMBINED.

-The same Civil War also took OVER 2 MILLION CIVILIAN LIVES.

-There were approx. 58,000 U.S. casualties in the Vietnam War. During the same exact 10 yrs...180,000 U.S. civilians were murdered on our own streets. And that was the "good ol' days" when the country was "safe".

The United States of America....and it all started out so well...didn't it?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Yet it is ok for them to confiscate christians bibles and burn them in front of them? Can you say hypocrisy? Did you not know Lebanon used to be a predominantly christian nation until the muslim came in and started taking over the area and...burning BIBLES and forcing sharia on people who are not even muslim?

Come now, I would hope there aren't any people on this website that are so ignorant as to believe that if Islam conquered the world and worldwide sharia was established, that people of different religions would be left alone in peace and free of sharia. Ofcourse not! Sharia would be forced on people who aren't even muslim and do not believe what islam spouts and we know this because thats what they did in the middle east when Islam first arose, "infidels" (thats means jews, christians and pagans alike) were killed and forced to convert on pain of death and islamic law was forced on everyone despite they had different beliefs, and not a damn thing has changed today and anyone that believes it has, is a fool.
edit on 24-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

The only peaceful world will be one without religion of any kind.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Who said burning bibles was okay? I never did any such thing, nor did I applaud the rioting. I simply said that burning the Korans was foolish considering the possible consequences. And as I also said, two wrongs (or more) don't make a right. Why not take the time to read what I wrote in the initial thread as well as my other responses to other people that also didn't read and understand what I would like to think was relatively clearly stated. No burning of Bibles, Korans, Torahs.... its just asking for trouble. No burning of flags no burning of symbolic items.... it only inflames problems. And that it was either foolish or purposeful, or a combination of both, and could have been done more discretely if at all. This is exactly what I mean by knee jerk reactions. Before a person finishes reading a post or thread, they have already made up their mind and are biting at the bit to respond and attack without making sure they understand what the intent and words relate.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

The only peaceful world will be one without religion of any kind.

The only peaceful world will be when everyone is dead. it's in man's nature to kill eachother. Barring some miracle like the return of Jesus Christ, were going to kill eachother until the end of time. The only peace is the peace afforded by the grave.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Commander of Iran’s Basij force, Brigadier General Mohammad Reza Naqdi said nothing short of burning the White House and hanging American military commanders can compensate for the burning of Qurans at a U.S. military base in Afghanistan.

english.alarabiya.net...

Is that another Iranian threat? When will they learn to condemn something without proving to be total fanatics?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

The rabid dog.

As always.

I was most likely there to tend to his sickness.

Uh...no. You were not most likely there to anything. You were trespassing. You were actually comitting a crime and the dog was protecting his property. You must suffer from Americans can go anywhere they want and do anything they want if they say they were coming to help disease.

Seriously, you walk into a rabid dogs yard and it bites you, you got no one to blame but you for being so stupid.
You have no argument.

So you're saying Islam is nothing more than a rabid disease.

I agree.

Not at all what I am saying. In fact, I have to seriously question your ability to both read and reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join