It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santa claus.... like you never saw it before!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yeah, I know, I'm a little late to the party, but really can't resist posting this one.

Photoshop?
Optical illusion?
What else?

edit on 23-2-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

It looks like santa-con.
santacon.info...

Why is this in Science and Tech?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It screams of being shopped, however with the right makeup I could see this as real.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Not sure what you are asking. Turning someone black and white while leaving everything else color is easy in photoshop though.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme

Why is this in Science and Tech?

Well, it lies in the answer about the grey Santa girl.
No idea how it was done?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Photoshop. Whoever did it forgot to remove the colour from the little peak at the back of her Santa hat.

FAIL!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Um, My first thought was make-up effect.

But looking at the whites of her eyes they also look grey, I would guess photoshop.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Photoshop. As everyone else pointed out. It's not difficult to do. You can gray-scale or desaturate.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

Optical illusion?

No optical illusion

There really is a person dressed as an elf on the right side of the screen

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I see him...Right in the center

Oh wait...My bad
I thought we were looking for waldo...

I guess photoshop...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

That would be BrodyQat, the desaturated Santa: Desaturated Santa at San Francisco Santacon

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

That would be BrodyQat, the desaturated Santa: Desaturated Santa at San Francisco Santacon

Right on!

Brody S. is at it again, confusing people at San Francisco's 2010 Santacon with her Desaturated Santa costume. At first glance, it's easy to assume that these images were photoshopped. Amazingly, they were not.

To create the illusion, Brody wears a custom black-and-white Santa Claus costume, a grey wig, contacts, and Kryolan body paint.

"When I decided to make a Desaturated Santa costume, I realized that to remove the visual cue of Red but still be recognizable as a Santa, I had to maintain as many of the other signifiers as I could," Brody said last year. "The illusion of a walking black-and-white-photo of a Santa wouldn’t be as effective if I wasn’t wearing a very classic Santa outfit."

source

Amazing how our senses are abused, it really seems like an illusion, or to have been Photoshopped, but no, the girl used A Kryolan body paint that really gives this B&W rendering.

Body paint includes also blacklight paint (fluorescent)

Manufacturers of widely available professional body and face paint include: Ben Nye, Derivan, Diamond FX, Fardel, Grimas, Kryolan, MAC-Pro, Mehron, Smiffy's Make-Up FX, Snazaroo and Wolfe Face Art & FX.

The same precautions that apply to cosmetics should be observed. If the skin shows any sign of allergy from a paint, its use should immediately be ceased. Moreover, it should not be applied to damaged, inflamed or sensitive skin. If possible, a test for allergic reaction should be performed before use. Special care should be paid to the list of ingredients, as certain dyes are not approved by the US FDA for use around the eye area —generally those associated with certain reddish colorants, as CI 15850 or CI 15985— or on lips —generally blue, purple or some greens containing CI 77007—.[11][12] More stringent regulations are in place in California regarding the amount of permissible lead on cosmetic additives, as part of Proposition 65.[13] In the European Union, all colorants listed under a CI number are allowed for use on all areas. Any paints or products which have not been formulated for use on the body should never be used for body or face painting, as these can result in serious allergic reactions.

Maybe should I have posted it in the Joke thread?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

So it is real then? I figured desaturated in PS because of the right pigtail in the OP. It looks like they forgot to desaturate some of it there

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Which one are you referring to?

Michael Jackson?
or the bottle of whiskey?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Brilliant! Fooled me!

new topics

top topics