It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vehicle energy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I stated in a post or two where my personal expertise lies and that is in construction engineering.

As I go to the gas pump like everyone else and just watch my blood and sweat pour into a blackhole called a gas tank...I started wondering.

I did a little research into things and alternatives but what stood out to me is this craziness...

You do understand that the internal combustion engine is wildly inefficient? Everytime your injector shoots gas into a cylinder and it is ignited...50% to 60% of the energy goes out the tail pipe...no seriously. This is a fact. It is a fact that...matter of fact...has changed little over the decades and decades of internal combustion engines. They have gotten a little better but...not significantly...a few percentage points at best. So...I started thinking...

Now I am NOT an energy engineer or a automotive engineer....at best, I can kind of grasp the mathematics when they are laid out on a chalk board...but I don't have a grasp on how to "use" them and be creative.

But...I looked at these commercials the railways are running and how much they can do on a gallon of diesel fuel...the reason being, that gallon of diesel is to run a generator that makes electricity that powers an electric motor....this seems...more efficient...actually...vastly more efficient.

Now...it make for some big and heavy vehicles...ok...who cares...compromise...big and ugly for cheap and efficient...I can live with that.

Is there any of you involved in this kind of engineering? Is there anyone out there that can consider downsizing the success of the train engines/locomotives into a personal vehicle? I think there is merit here when you consider the inefficiency of self contained internal combustion engines we are currently so in love with...they are bad...just bad...and wasteful "things"...

It seems like we are a broken or scratched record, just playing the same couple of licks over and over again and unable to move to the next 'groove"...we really need to break out of this current mode of locomotive energy...the internal combustion engine as a primary energy producing unit to turn your transmission gears is remarkably fail....in comparison to even old technology...aka...electric motors powered by generators...fired by diesels...

How about this challenge to you smart guys out there...what other means of propulsion can we come up with?...can we do trash gas like in back to the future? How about whiskey/ethanol...aka...moonshine powered generators...?? If it can fire a generator, it can fire a more efficient system.

I am asking this because I want all of us to start thinking outside the box. The person that figures this out...well...the are going to be wildly rich and proclaimed the savior of tomorrow...so...if you want to be a hero...a rich hero...think about this...think real hard...

Not only will you score yourself a place in history forever...but you just might save the world too...and that is a really good thing...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If you want to save on gas, buy something like one of these.

Easy.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

s and f for future reference.

i red somewhere that an electric engine with an antenna to harness the earths energy from the sun hitting it constantly... along the lines of tesla and his apprentice... cant find the link but anyone else know of this??

oh its free energy to (besides cost of vehicle etc ) so it wont become mainstream but this principle has been around since the late 1800's thanks to tesla ! peace !

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I was going to say a bicycle or even legs for gas efficiency.

I wish I knew. My car isn't so bad, its 12 yrs old and gets 28-29 mpg still.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

Which one doesn't fit in the list?

Spaceflight, nano-technology, the combustion engine.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have no faith that any ultra efficient vehicles will come out any time soon...Not until oil is completely gone..
For now though people could try that "browns gas" thingy that some add to their vehicles. Very cheap easy to install
if youre handy with tools and improves mileage by up to 30%. Its a start at least.
Just google "HHO" or "Browns gas"

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
like most forms of public transport they assume that a certain percent of the capacity is in use at all times

lets imagine that it takes 1 gallon of fuel to transport 1 person 1 mile but since a train could be theoretically be carrying 1000 people its cost is split between a thousand different people so lets use american currency and 4 dollars a gallon price will mean that it costs 4 cents a mile to transport the people.

but the assumption is that you have enough people to make it worth the effort as spending 100 gallons of fuel to transport 1 person 100 miles is a waste compared to a car

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

That is kinda part of it...it is a weight ratio....a freight train hauling hundreds of thousands of tons can move x- miles on one gallon of diesel....

If we reduce the weight...we should be able to reduce the fuel consumption....no...this is a mathematical fact....

but we don't....this is a propaganda explosion and we all know this....

I'm sorry...we are in this fix/dilemma over politics....will we elect a democrat...will we elect a republican....I am so f'ing tired of this...I will elect the person that reduces how much I have to pay to get to my job that underpays me by the way.....

If you are comfortable with either party right now...you are totally missing the point and actually...missing the obvious...they are two wings of the same bird of prey...if you think dem and rep are so different...you are smoking something....they are both out to rule you and control you and steal from you....open your damn eyes...

Here is a freaking clue for the brainless and dogma poisoned masses...get your brain free and your eyes open!!!

If you vote for the main two parties...you are a fool and have not read history beyond world war 2...fail....perhpas personal fail is your goal....it's not mine...

I want strong middle class....capable of defending themselves...and that equals a lesser need for a state power...and that equals a less need for a federal power...

If you fools don't know what your talking about...thats fine...stop killing liberty amdist your ignorance...we are fine thank you...now get us some jobs...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Greetings,

Try this website. You'll find plenty of info on energy saving and energy free devices.peswiki.com...

This website will give you the mechanics of some of the devices out there. www.panaceauniversity.org...

Many successful devices have been suppressed by the government and industry, so inventors are posting their work on these and other websites so that everyone will have access.

There's a bunch of youtubes showing working technology too.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
All of you so far have maybe misunderstood...this isn't about pointing fingers....i did...but fine...it's my thread...it's about offering alternative energy to driving vehicles....not party selection...if you want to make it party selection...fine....the repubs want to make kick out panels for flintstone cars and the dems are trying to make the Jetsons...is that fair?

Of course not...so lets get back to even square...who has an idea..?...dont be ashamed...all ideas are good and special...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I take it you have not caught on to the work being done with an aluminum allow which strips the hydrogen directly from water and sends it into a fuel cell?

Or about the induction road beds which will allow you to drive an electric car forever with out stopping to recharge anything?

As for myself, short term, I am planning to find an electric motorcycle for my 20 mile commute to work. If I can get one with a range of about 45 miles per charge, I will just suck it up and bare out the weather.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

BINGO! This is the type of thing I was thinking about...just different means of getting things done....we all have to deal with crap in the morning...how do we deal with crap in new and ingenuitive ways....perfect dude...perfect....

now that you guys see the premise....how can we stop sucking oil to just get to work...that is a fine place to start....never mind heating and cooling....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Post idea.....

We need to back it up with real and practical solutions...theoretical crapopla that the gov has shut down is meaningless....real crap folks!! How do we make electricity with fire and water?...how do we make electricity do what we expect it to do...i.e....substations....

These things we will need to make known if we have a meltdown....folks need to know how to make things work...

What we need is an understanding that we will eventually all fail...to a point....and we will need to embrace our bothers...even when they make us angry....we will need one another...and we know this...put the belief aside and the hate and suspicion...and love your fellow man...just like christ said you/we should do....

Oh I know that make some of you mad...just read and let it go.....

we are all one..we invite you....hope you understand that when the shtf
edit on 2/23/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Here is another idea...

What if....your ever smashing ideals prove correct...there are no anomolies...science is absolutely correct....then the word comes....

a solar storm has flashed...a massive...unprecedented coronal mass ejection is heading our way....what do you say?

Do you say...for love of god hide yourself?....do you deny it?....do you fall into fits of rage and make yourself useless?

c'mon wanna be healer instructor.....you are failing in this lapse....lets hear it....I tink we have a clue....but you need to show yours before we express our human/people driven cure...the one that says no monarchy superiority after answer.....no one likes my truth driven answers...they wanna act like trhey would have done something diferent...haha-ha-ha...lmao...stupid is as stupid does
they are retards and need their butts whipped and tarnished...they faill......but we will get them...
wtf...that is not what I said...your church is a lieing faggot and hurts innocent people...oh...it must be Satan....well according to rick santorum it is...now get nit out of my face or else...or else I will sue the # out of you....do you get that christian boy?...shut it down or be sued......

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
thay sounded bad...as "they" wanted it to sound,,,now read it again idiots....oh for the love of importance...just do the right thing you idiots....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
O K hears another thought.

Did you know, if you take a wire, don't know what guage, and place it @6in above the ground, in a loop of atleast 1 mile; you will get a flow of electricity. I do not remember the numbers, it was along time ago, but this follows the Faraday equations and is enough to do some work.

I would like to know the results of using a super conductive wire. The experiments which I read about used a copper wire. It would also be interesting to build a coil in such a manner. Tesla said there were "rivers of current which flowed around the earth".

There is one experimenter on youtube who shows using a circuit to draw a charge from the air. He should not be hard to find. If someone had the time and resources to build on this type of work. The end results could be interesting to say the least.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
If you want to save on gas, buy something like one of these.

Easy.

Easy answer for you. Suppose you were like me. A 6 person family, 4 adults, and live in a fixed income? A $30,000 mini box is simply out of the question.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

the stuffs been done since the days of tesla so its all well known its just that the reward is generally less than the effort put in to get the energy out so while its a good theory and may work for certain people who need low level power its never going to provide you with enough to power an electric cooker etc

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

that gallon of diesel is to run a generator that makes electricity that powers an electric motor....this seems...more efficient...actually...vastly more efficient...

Thats how the Fisker works too.

www.fiskerautomotive.com...

Have to admit i'd like one :-)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Hi,

While not having a small petrol engine to recharge batteries, the cars from Tesla Motors in California have come a long way in proving the technology for everyday car use in the future, now.

The S model proved beyond doubt to all owners how exciting electric cars can be. A family car has been released this year and they have recently shown their family 4x4 SUV.. brilliant stuff.

Even recharging from the grid, which costs carbon-wise, driving these cars is still only equal to 30% of driving a gas powered car daily. Put solar power into your house and the costs becomes almost 0.

*This is not a sales pitch from me... I just think Tesla have done it and been innovative in the process.

Link.. Tesla Motors

edit on 24-2-2012 by Tayesin because: dyslexia

top topics

<<   2 >>

join