It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Bad Joke: The Society Game

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
If someone were to ask me, "What's the worst joke you've ever heard?" there are numerous replies I could make. Incidentally, I know more bad jokes than good jokes, but this is one of the worst jokes I have ever encountered. And the worst part is, we 'enjoy' the joke every day.

It's not a one-liner, it's not a 'yo momma' joke, and it isn't particularly dirty.

It's a joke I call "The Society Game". The rules are this: please everyone, get paid, buy stuff, own lots of crap, die rich, hand down to family members, rinse and repeat. Almost everyone follows this game, never realizing that they are missing the most important points in life. All they do is amass plenty of treasures, try to get rich, failing to get rich, dying while still disappointed, then provoking complaints from relatives when they get less than you had after divvying of inheritance.

I came up with this concept after thinking for a while (I tend to do this a lot; it reveals many of life's mysteries to me) and realizing that half of the stuff we do or want, we really don't need. Then why do we want it? Because of society. Everyone is pushed by propaganda and peer pressure to do these things that get in the way of our spiritual growth. I won't say it's a government conspiracy or anything like that; however, I will say it's quite detrimental in this day and age. Back when we had to work to actually live, that was a different story. But these days, it has gone too far.

For instance, here are the approximate stats of a man who has lived his life playing The Society Game:

Outstanding Achievements: 0%

Community Influence Outside of Investing: 6%

Moral Standing: 10%

Actual Character and Personality: 3%

Monetary Percentile of Complete Identity: 95%

You'll usually find this among politicians and people of social and political standing. This is due to the obvious fact that they have the full brunt of the society game on their shoulders. They have to make a good public appearance...or they lose everything.

By these stats, we can see this hypothetical man is one of millions of workers. Essentially, he did nothing that hasn't been done by numerous people before: he had a job that hundreds have had before, collected a paycheck alongside hundreds, voted alongside thousands, raised kids alongside dozens of other conformist parents, threw their kids into a conformist school, and paid their generically-earned cash to have those schools mold their children into carbon copies of what their parents have come to be.

This is our entire goal as a society. "Oh, hey, this works! Everyone, do this!" Thus, the invention/development of sheeple.

But here's the part where it becomes a bad joke. The only way to live in this world, is by playing a game that focuses on stuff that breaks down quickly. No spirituality, no philosophy, no reveling in the divinity or exploring the impossible. Just money, money, money.

In a time where spirituality matters more and more (no, I'm not talking about organized religion), we are becoming most obsessed, both as a nation and as a government, with The Society Game.

How is this a bad joke? That which is crippling us, has become the only way to live a 'decent' life. Materialism has become necessary to survive. Our greed and constant need to expand and have shiny new things is now the only way we know how to live.

This, to me, is a bad joke. No, not a bad joke...a HORRIBLE joke. Becoming reliant on the very system that weakens you...it's wrong. But we've gone too far to change the world in one day, or even one year. Not even 4 years, like we try to do with the Presidents. We've been forced down to a little change at a time. But we were to all change a little at a time...imagine what we could do.

I'm not saying you should become a hermit and live on a desert island with a couple of palm leaves for a roof and a coconut for a hat; I'm simply saying that once in a while, we should all take a break from our mad rush to collect shiny things and just look up and enjoy the divinity, the spirituality, the GENIUS of the universe.

There's a phrase that comes to mind: "You can't see the forest for the trees." Money and shiny new toys and working to please a society that doesn't know what's best... these things, these concepts, are the trees - and the universe is the forest.

Do the math.

Namaste

edit on CThursdaypm515116f16America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Interesting read OP
Though you pretty much summarized the business world = money, money, money, this doesn't really become a bad joke. It's the reality. Some people can handle it, and some people cannot. Business is all about the bottom line. Once a successor inherits the benefits of their predecessors, it does become a rinse and repeat cycle...as you put it that way, hahah

I thought your logic was good. Looking for ward to read more from you on this topic

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Interesting read OP
Though you pretty much summarized the business world = money, money, money, this doesn't really become a bad joke. It's the reality. Some people can handle it, and some people cannot. Business is all about the bottom line. Once a successor inherits the benefits of their predecessors, it does become a rinse and repeat cycle...as you put it that way, hahah

I thought your logic was good. Looking for ward to read more from you on this topic

Can the reality not be a bad joke?

However, I must disagree. Money and business is not reality itself; it is the reality we have made for ourselves. That's why it's a bad joke. Something that is so bad for our souls, has become the primary means of progress.

You basically confirmed my post.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Interesting read OP

However, I must disagree. Money and business is not reality itself; it is the reality we have made for ourselves. That's why it's a bad joke. Something that is so bad for our souls, has become the primary means of progress.

Excuse me, but that's your opinion. I have my business degree and I am currently self employed. As a business owner, your job is to make money...for the company and yourself. You see all businesses as bad in your thread. You forget about the small businesses that actually make the economy work. You forget they hire people who lost jobs working for the larger companies. You are too brainwashed by theories of the Elite and rulers of the world to even notice that there is good business out there.

With your attitude in your reply to me, it sounds like you are living a sh***y life. I have made business my reality, and my own. You have not made it your reality, so you have a biased opinion against it. And that's just you. We all perceive life differently, and business differently, but at the end of the day, you are sharing your own opinion with us.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: Unflagged thread due to "bad for our souls" comment. There is good business out there OP, open your eyes!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Interesting read OP

Excuse me, but that's your opinion. I have my business degree and I am currently self employed. As a business owner, your job is to make money...for the company and yourself. You see all businesses as bad in your thread. You forget about the small businesses that actually make the economy work. You forget they hire people who lost jobs working for the larger companies. You are too brainwashed by theories of the Elite and rulers of the world to even notice that there is good business out there.

With your attitude in your reply to me, it sounds like you are living a sh***y life. I have made business my reality, and my own. You have not made it your reality, so you have a biased opinion against it. And that's just you. We all perceive life differently, and business differently, but at the end of the day, you are sharing your own opinion with us.

I apologize if I have offended you, as it was not my intention.

My life, crappy or not, has no place in what I have posted in this thread, other than what I have observed during it. I pride myself on forming unbiased opinions...it's in my nature to analyze and conclude with impartiality.

Also, I notice that you continue to both agree and disagree with me. Allow me to explain.

This sounds like a very good example of The Society Game. You are deceived and coaxed and nudged into doing what the corporates and "Elites" want you to do, rather than being encouraged to pursue your own desires and business venues.

This is The Society Game. Your desires are important, as long as they line up with society's desires, which stem from government desires, which answer to corporate desires. Why do you think media is so powerful now?

Yes, you play the game, alright. But you aren't completely blind to it...you've just accepted it as necessary. Saddening, but oftentimes inevitable.

Namaste

edit on CThursdaypm212138f38America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Also, of course you are happy with what you have. It doesn't matter that you are enslaved by a mass-manipulative game where you mistake the government's desires for your own, as long as you get paid richly for it.

No...I enjoy freedom of expression, freedom of behavior (within reasonable limits), freedom of desire...freedom of being. The Society Game is one aspect of the Grand Illusion.

Just one aspect. Should you choose to ignore it because you are happy, then that is entirely your decision. But I feel I should enlighten people as to the true nature of their lives and behavior. Truth is what I strive for, and when I find it, I sing it in the forums.

I seek to open my eyes, and theirs as well.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ahhh, heard that joke before.

But the old one's are often the best, aye!

;-)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I apologize if I have offended you, as it was not my intention.

My life, crappy or not, has no place in what I have posted in this thread, other than what I have observed during it. I pride myself on forming unbiased opinions...it's in my nature to analyze and conclude with impartiality.

Also, I notice that you continue to both agree and disagree with me. Allow me to explain.

This sounds like a very good example of The Society Game. You are deceived and coaxed and nudged into doing what the corporates and "Elites" want you to do, rather than being encouraged to pursue your own desires and business venues.

This is The Society Game. Your desires are important, as long as they line up with society's desires, which stem from government desires, which answer to corporate desires. Why do you think media is so powerful now?

Yes, you play the game, alright. But you aren't completely blind to it...you've just accepted it as necessary. Saddening, but oftentimes inevitable.

Namaste

edit on CThursdaypm212138f38America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Again, you are making your own biased opinion to be heard, bravo.

You are assuming I play the society game, and you are far off from it. Firstly, you don't even know what small business I own, but I can assure you it is something I thoroughly enjoy doing every single day! I personally have 13 years of field experience in this area and I am very confident you won't believe what I do.

Just one aspect. Should you choose to ignore it because you are happy, then that is entirely your decision. But I feel I should enlighten people as to the true nature of their lives and behavior. Truth is what I strive for, and when I find it, I sing it in the forums.

Your head is soooooo high up in the clouds that you have muddled up your thinking. You actually sound like a nutbag than someone who is attempting to be impartial. Moreover, if you are going to argue your case you should look into some academic research about good business. Maybe you will actually learn something positive.

edit on 23-2-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Double post.
edit on CThursdaypm434300f00America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

link   

So what have you done besides rake in the moolah for the corporates? Have you donated to charities? Has this business provided a special insight into your soul and the world beyond this one? Has it enabled your understanding of this world and its nature, rather than the nature and definition delivered to you on a silver platter? Has this career given you a rock-solid understanding of the nature of man, and of life in general?

What has this business taught you, besides the fact that money makes everyone happy and that you're good at making it?

When you prove that your business career has been beneficial to your soul and not just your bank account, I might concede the point.
edit on CThursdaypm222202f02America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

link   

star child, that was a good (terrible) joke, very honest and uplifting to read this, i was about to close the link until i red a little further.... glad i did! read that is ....

yea society is bad isn't it, nearly everyone i know are sheeple asides from 3 different people other than my self and it is very very sad. i try not to break the law of free will so its hard for me to 'help' these people i come across everyday of my life. its depressing, its sickening and its not healthy for your spirit. excellent post i am glad i stayed.

best wishes and love to all!!!!!

lol i cant stop thinking about people with coconuts for hats.. hahahah that has made my morning, thank you!!!!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 1beerplease

I love to make people laugh. For that moment when you are laughing, that one moment, you are closer to Love and Unity. I love providing that experience for everyone.

Coconut hat? You must have an interesting sense of humor.

Don't let this thread poison your views of the world. There's seeing the truth of the matter, then reading past the truth and seeing what isn't there to be seen. Conspiracy and duplicity can bring out the schizophrenic in the best of us. Be careful not to drown in the implications of what I have revealed here.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

So what have you done besides rake in the moolah for the corporates? Have you donated to charities? Has this business provided a special insight into your soul and the world beyond this one?

What has this business taught you, besides the fact that money makes everyone happy and that you're good at making it?

When you prove that your business career has been beneficial to your soul and not just your bank account, I might concede the point.
edit on CThursdaypm181800f00America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Okay, now you are starting to sound like a little teenager who is very immature in their replies.

I never said anything about working under the ruling of corporations like a puppet. Are you blind?

I said I was self employed...do you know what that means? See, I proved my case you don't know anything about business. In fact, you are totally clueless about the good aspect of business.

Business taught me you can help people their life better buy providing them a service they otherwise couldn't do themselves.

See you go from being specific to making a broad statement. If you have money, are you happy? I'll tell you a little bit of reality little grasshopper....

When I graduated I worked for a large company. 4 months after that I got layed off. I was broke for a long time, surviving off of peanut butter sandwiches.

Then I had to work for myself so I could eat and actually live. So, does money make me happy? No, it makes life easier to live if you have some. But everyday, people face hardships. Businesses also face hardships that regular consumers don't even know exist!

edit on 23-2-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I love to make people laugh. For that moment when you are laughing, that one moment, you are closer to Love and Unity. I love providing that experience for everyone.

Don't let this thread poison your views of the world. There's seeing the truth of the matter, then reading past the truth and seeing what isn't there to be seen. Conspiracy and duplicity can bring out the schizophrenic in the best of us. Be careful not to drown in the implications of what I have revealed here.

You are sounding more and more like you are high on drugs....

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

i was imaging someone on a deserted island, one fed up with society just chilling under a palm leave.... with a coconut for a hat.... i mean come on... LOL.

you shouldn't be concerned on this thread poising realities, otherwise im sure you would not of created it.
what i read on the internet does not change me inside, as i know what is right and how to achieve being at one with myself and the creator, and nothing anybody says or does can change me, other than my own thoughts.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You are sounding more and more like you are high on drugs....

So because you cannot understand my point of view, you choose to ridicule it?

That is an immature allegation. If this is how our discussion will proceed, I don't care to continue it.
edit on CThursdaypm353520f20America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

well-said

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

hey i just finished my 12 hour shift to the big nasty corporation i work for.... gimmie a break!! i try and take the positive route in every situation.

questioning my existence is the only thing that gets me high

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1beerplease

i was imaging someone on a deserted island, one fed up with society just chilling under a palm leave.... with a coconut for a hat.... i mean come on... LOL.

you shouldn't be concerned on this thread poising realities, otherwise im sure you would not of created it.
what i read on the internet does not change me inside, as i know what is right and how to achieve being at one with myself and the creator, and nothing anybody says or does can change me, other than my own thoughts.

But if you're wrong, how will you change if someone who's right cannot change you?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1beerplease

hey i just finished my 12 hour shift to the big nasty corporation i work for.... gimmie a break!! i try and take the positive route in every situation.

questioning my existence is the only thing that gets me high

So this is going to be a round of trolling, I take it?

You're going to ridicule this thread?

Anyone who wishes to ridicule this thread for the sake of ridiculing, move on and make no comment. Your posts serve no legitimate purpose here. We fight ignorance, we do not encourage it.

With that out of the way, let's make room for more ATSers to add their contributions to the stack.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join