It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photobombing UFOs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx2112

Thanks for that. Sometimes people jump to conclusions, but that is understandable here within ATS. So many hoaxers on here. Just dont get why they waste their time like that. Just to clear it up though, it was my new filter for the camera. Camera isn't that old though, so...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Couldn't you just record the jets on video and then take a screenshot? It's a very efficient way of taking awesome pictures.

Blurry quality undermines UFO claims.
edit on CThursdaypm242427f27America/Chicago23 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Yea, I don't really have a good camcorder... Just my iPhone4 for HD, and well my GoPro, but neither zoom. These were three shot bursts.

I do agree with you there. I just never claimed them to be UFOs... Well now that I think about it, I don't claim it in my OP, but I can see that my title is claiming it. I should've put "Possible" up front. Will correct, and I apologize for the misleading title. I was trying to rationalize the first objects as birds, but then I noticed the second group and how there was what looked like to me to be a flight path alteration. So I thought I'd throw it out there and see the feedback.

ETA: Guess it's too late to edit my OP.. Can't change the title.
edit on 23-2-2012 by 0R10N because: Addition

edit on 23-2-2012 by 0R10N because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne
They're probably bugs, notice how they're quite blurry compared to the airliner in the background, this is because they are small objects much closer to the lens than the airliner. You wouldn't have noticed them when taking the photos, most people don't. I bet if you go out and snap another 20 or 30 photos at around the same time you'll get several images with the exact same blurry objects showing up. Usually when you have a photo like this and the person who took it says they didn't notice the object/ objects at the time the photo was taken it's a red flag that the object was a bug or bird.

Okay didn't think of it that way. I just thought with it being zoomed in all the way to 200mm, that bugs a foot from me really wouldn't show up at all, you know? I figured birds shooting across my FOV, and there weren't many bugs out. It was Jan 29 when I took these. Will try your suggestion though and try shooting once it cools back down to that temp again. Weather's been a bit weird, even by FL standards...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Too bad I took these around 1 or 2 pm in broad daylight. But thanks for trying..

edit on 23-2-2012 by 0R10N because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join