It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 217
<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

nugget1
reply to post by retsdeeps1

You have had quite the experiences! I'm so glad you shared some with us!

As I was reading through your post, I began to wonder about a hereditary factor, and was going to ask if anybody else in your family was 'sensitive, but you answered my question at the end.

I read once about testing psychic abilities using a deck of playing cards. It was an article from a university study on testing the phenomenon, so I decided to test my 18 year old daughter. I already knew she was gifted in the paranormal.

It involved guessing what the card would be,( red face card, black card, etc.) and there was a scoring chart. anything above 3 out of 10 correct answers was against the odds of 'guessing', suggesting psychic gift. The higher the accuracy, the more physic a person was.

She scored 6 out of 10 the first round, and on the third round she had 8 out of 10.

Then she tested me, and I didn't get ANY right! Neither one of us believed that was possible, since I've always 'known' things I could have no way of knowing.

After running through the sequence a couple more times, we noticed that I was correctly identifying the card that came AFTER the next one being turned over...9/10 times!

My daughters ability to see the near future, and my precognitive ability made for some interesting times!

Okay; somebody else's turn to share.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

You mentioned the heredity factor in ESP and your experiences with guessing playing cards and if I had more recent experiences. Yes, just 2 days ago I heard from my best buddy of 15 years, a lab retriever, who was lost a year ago just before my son died (in my post I didn't give that detail). I heard my ghost dog bark, and have many times, generally at dawn. Its in the house, but not the same room, sounds close but also far away, like in an echo chamber. My son called my name once and then the dog barked- think they are together. My current dog, age 5 (was my son's) heard the deceased dog bark too, he looked around several times.

As to your abilities, I wanted to share that the ESP training I received was at the Monroe Institute (see- www.monroeinstitute.org...). They teach meditation skills and invented Hemi Sync (see- www.hemi-sync.com...) that is a technology to get brain waves into the Delta state which is that attained by very experienced Buddist Monks after many years. I do not feel I am able to mentally travel out of body at will, maybe in dreams, which is their goal, but I use the Hemi-Sync to relax. However, your abilities to guess cards out of time sequence is what they confirmed, (they being ex-government ESP researchers- google project Stargate). They taught clarvoyance is real, everyone can do it some, but a small group are gifted, suffering as a child enhances that ability maybe as a survival skill. And relative to you, that there is sometimes a disconnect from our time, you are accessing information (in your case reading cards) but not within our time dimension. Here is their test proving that.

In the 1960's the Soviets invested in "psychic spying", so the US did the same and developed a special unit to emulate what the Soviets were believed to be doing- remote viewing our secret facilities and projects. This was latter covered in several TV shows (recognized our Monroe trainer from those shows) as well a movie (though it was treated as a comedy - "The Men Who Stare at Goats" with George Clooney and Mark Whalberg). A mostly true story. Anyway, their standard test was to have a computer randomly pick four photos of distinctive places (like the White House or Golden Gate Bridge) from 1,000 photos. Then the test subject would select one photo to remote view form those 4 which were in sealed envelopes. Good psychics could do it accurately 60% of the time, but everyone some of the time (we are all psychic).

In a test during our class a lattitude and longitude was written on the grease board, it meant nothing to any of us, and we were told to draw what we saw in our mind. I drew an semi circle next to a lake, and wrote "water" where the lake was. The target was then revealed as the St Lois Arch, so I would say I got it exact- an arch by water. Now the trainer said often a mistake made it what) viewers write down is actually correct but out of place in time (example- that site before the arch was built). Here is the main point- they know from many years of studies that the remote viewer knows the answer (the correct photo) not once the computer has selected 4 targets, or when the psyhic selects on sealed envelop with the target picture inside, BUT before that, once the intention of the researchers to run the experiment is decided. They do not have any idea how, only that it is true.

The reason is the intention- once there is a decision to take an action (run the computer to randomly to get 4 photos from 1,000 possible ones) then in the timeline there is only one eventual right answer connected to that intention. The central point is the remote viewers operate by traveling out of body as energy consciousness and what they experience is outside normal time and space. There is no locality (being connected to a point in space or time). In your case, you could read the correct cards selected but were out of time sequence- that is common and how clarvoyance works- and how many ESP events work, the mind accesses other dimensions where there is contact with knowledge that is not bound in our time and space. That much is known, its not a satisfying answer but does give much to think about. There is no death, we just move from this reality to another dimension as energy where other conscious entities exist. We can all access knowledge by intuition. Apparently the US government used the Monroe Institute trainings to develop "intuition" among its staffers to make them more effective or maybe to try to find those gifted. Meditation helps, many programs teach those skills, I think it starts with breathing and clearing the mind, Yoga is good for that, and maybe that is what happens in our lucid dreams.

edit on 3-1-2014 by retsdeeps1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

OMG!! Now you're throwing these scientific ideas at me.
While I understand every word of what you're saying, I'm not good at "talking the talk".

I just say things in plain ol' down to earth English, and hope all the people out there know what I'm trying to say.

I just got up, having my coffee, waking up the old brain, so I'm not ready to discuss things this deep yet. But I will get back to it.
I have plans tonight, so it may be tomorrow before I have a chance to respond.

Anyone else want to jump in here?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Anyone else want to jump in here?

Of course, Sled! I can't help myself.

First, I would like to offer my condolences for the loss of your son.
Parents weren't meant to outlive their children.

Losing your best buddy near that same time must have really made your world shake for a time. I don't doubt that your Lab is with your son. I often catch glimpses of my beloved pets that have moved on out of the corner of my eye, and on occasion, full view.

You mentioned something that I found very interesting:

suffering as a child enhances that ability maybe as a survival skill.

I mentioned this in a post, and almost no one saw any validity in it. It's proven that infants are born with a 6th sense, or whatever you want to call it. They respond to the emotions of others,voices, and even their scent. (Maybe scent is what initiates the response?)

If a child is nurtured and made to feel safe, they gradually quit using this ability; it isn't needed in their environment. Those children that aren't made to feel safe and protected tend to strengthen their intuitive side for the sake of survival. They become, for want of a better term, 'psychic'.
Some of these un-nurtured children are able to cause a complete disconnect form their emotional center, and it seems as if they're almost soul-less. They become destined for the history books, and not in a positive way.

Eventually, I began to realize that there really isn't any such thing as 'paranormal'....it's all very natural abilities that aren't used because most people don't know they have them! Perhaps one day man will be able to explain how these things work, and they won't be seen as something strange and mystical. Science seems to be heading in that direction, whether they want to go there, or not!

Recent research has shown that emotions have a scientifically observable effect on genes and DNA; that it can affect a fetuses' physical development, and can even cause genes and DNA to mutate. That really fascinates me!

To study at the Monroe Institute; WOW! What would you say was the most valuable thing you learned there was?

Your entire post was most informative. Thank you!
Nugget

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by balistik1031

Balistik, I see you are a new member. If you want to respond to a post, hit the reply symbol in the top right of the post.
If you want to show the quoted text, hit the quote symbol. Then make sure you go past the quote marks before you start typing so your reply doesn't end up in the quoted text.

I hope you come back and share whatever you wanted to say... as long as it's good.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Thanks, Nugget1.

I'll be leaving shortly to go out with a friend, so not sure if I'll be back on here tonight, or not.

Hope you all have a great night, and continue sharing your stories while I'm gone.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

sled735
reply to post by nugget1

Thanks, Nugget1.

I'll be leaving shortly to go out with a friend, so not sure if I'll be back on here tonight, or not.

Hope you all have a great night, and continue sharing your stories while I'm gone.

Enjoy your R&R!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Nugget- thanks for the positive statements and you asked about Monroe. We went as a family, my daughter got most all the messages (a few other family members got phone messages, even one just two weeks ago, same voice, but less understandable than those at the beginning). I hear his my son's voice in my ear but not on the phone and only a few times. Anyway, we went there to help learn to meditate, myself for relaxing, my wife and daughter more for spiritual reasons and to grasp this event. I expected a new age type presentation, lots of big claims all based on opinions, few proofs, and generally wrapped up in very ancient sources that too many take as a form of proof. But it wasn't like that at all.

Monroe in its heyday (1970-1990) was based on experiments, e.g.: they had two scientists try to contact each other when having out-of body experiences while meditating. They recorded what they were seeing and saying and they both were able to record the same interactions. Whether by telepathy or real out-of-body, it was evidence. Today they mostly provide training of techniques they refined. I was also not expecting the US military and government connection. Training for agents to develop intuition, but I suspect it they also used the place to identify those with psychic abilities for their recruitment purposes.

Our trainers reviewed some of the government sponsored psychic research over the years that they did and the profile of those who have strong abilities- intelligent and a high incidence of abuse in childhood. I had that experience, though in a different way than most, not directly by parents. My wife had great suffering in her early life and is quite psychic, more than me Monroe trainers said they believe that type experience makes us develop all our senses for survival. But there could be a more spiritual source- the collective consciousness around us all the time maybe follows and supports abused children more than others, and helps them. They also made a big point of making your intentions clear which I am not as able to understand but an trying to do more of that.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I very much enjoyed hearing of your experience, and thoughts on the issue.

Seems as if we have some similar conclusions!

I got together many years ago with some gal pals for a fun weekend. We all had experienced the paranormal to some degree, and our hostess had invited a palm reader to kind of 'guide' us, and answer questions. ( She was quite good, by the way!)

An elderly couple joined us for one afternoon out of curiosity. They had never had any experience with the paranormal, but since recently purchasing their retirement home, had been have 'unexplained phenomenon' occurring. They didn't believe in ghosts and such, but were keeping an open mind. They left believing in the 'paranormal'!

Our hostess had the lady step out of the room, and then instructed us to throw 'imaginary' cotton balls at her face when she returned.

The lady came back in, sat down on the floor, closed her eyes, and we commenced 'throwing' !

When asked to describe what she was sensing, she said nothing; it just felt like marshmallows were hitting her face!

Many things happened that week to convince me that The paranormal is a real phenomenon, and everybody has these abilities. Some have developed them more than others, due to acknowledging them and using them, is all.

There is an unseen energy in our universe that can be used in a positive, or negative way. Maybe it is a good thing that a lot of people aren't willing to accept this philosophy!

Good sharing with you,
Miss Nugget

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Guys, I think I'm going to take a break from ATS for awhile. Please continue sharing your experiences, and hopefully, someone here can help you understand it, if need be.

Thanks for everyone who has participated to this point.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

the definitiion of "paranormal" is something not able to be scientifically explained. And a large part of quantum physics should not even be possible but is thus saying it isn't scientifically explainable.

so point is a large part of quantum physics is in fact paranormal
edit on 5-1-2014 by golden23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I thought I would post a link to another thread discussing the possibility of parallel universes.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is not just science fiction. Of course right now nothing has been proven either. I'm not sure how scientists might be able to prove the existence of parallel worlds.

I was reading over some of the past comments and read something about child abuse. I did not suffer any child abuse. I mean I was spanked but that was normal when I was young. I did hear my skin was blue when I was born. I suspect that means I was suffering from lack of oxygen for some reason. The only other time I remember my skin being slightly blue was when I had been outside in the cold for a while and my hands turned a bit blue. The temperature of my hands will often drop down to the surrounding air temperature. In this case it was in the 30's outside so the temperature of my hands dropped down into the 30's. I don't usually let my hands get that cold because it makes it harder to move.

Oh I was going to post when I went to sleep for a little while this afternoon I had another weird dream. I saw a tiny flying saucer shaped ship about 1000 feet up in clear skies while looking in between some buildings flying not too fast and then I saw a monster of an airplane following it. Then I woke up. I was only asleep about 20 minutes. I was wondering if the excitement woke me up. Everything seemed so real as if I was really there. It seemed like I was in a different time than now.

If quantum physics or quantum entanglement suggests particles could be linked across time and space and if I really am from a parallel reality or my consciousness is, then maybe I could experience things when I sleep that others will not because I'm still linked. Maybe others could too. That would be interesting if everyone had interesting dreams from their own different original realities.

At one time I speculated that it would be interesting if you could have an out of body experience and travel to alternate realities on purpose. In some of my dreams I traveled to a number of alternate realities.

I read a suggestion somewhere that our government could have a top secret project to explore alternate realities and have been modifying things to change the course of world events to select the reality that works for them. If I ever refer to changing realities or things suddenly changing, that's what I'm referring to. Wherever I read it I got an idea in my head that someone was already modifying events in time but what they are actually doing is creating or destroying alternate realities.

As an example if our government in this reality had this program set up and we experienced a financial collapse that was terrible and the start of a massive depression, our government could research the causes, explore fixes if done at certain points in time and then go back in time and make the changes and then an alternate reality would suddenly exist and everyone in this one might suddenly shift into a new reality with different memories. However a few people seem to have their consciousness often outside their own bodies and remember a different change of events. Most do not talk about it because others will say they were off their rocker or had a senile moment. Instead of going back in time, maybe different parallel universes or realities could be running on a slightly different time clock. Thinking about the possibilities and trying to explain it can be confusing.

I decided to share some more thoughts.
edit on 5/1/14 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

sled735
reply to post by nugget1

Guys, I think I'm going to take a break from ATS for awhile. Please continue sharing your experiences, and hopefully, someone here can help you understand it, if need be.

I hope you find your 'break' uplifting, and come back soon!

Your creative thinking and ability to brain-storm ideas is invaluable to this thread, and will be missed!

Wishing you all the best, and looking forward to your return!

Nugget

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

sled735
reply to post by nugget1

Sled! What about your goal of keeping this thread going until your second year anniversary in February? That's only a month away. I would hate to see this thread die so close to you reaching your goal.

If you see this, please come back. The thread won't be the same without you.
You can take a break later.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Re : "consciousness existing outside of the brain ".....

- I have believed this to be true since I was a small child long before I could put it into comprehensive words. Which brings to mind the fact that we use less than 10% of our brains capabilities. How many topics have been brought up in this thread that could easily fit into this fact on many levels?

- I have thought many times that as a child we have access to more of our brains capabilities (therefore being able to see, do, and sense more) and as we are "untaught " these things over time it actually shrinks our brain capacity to fall in line with societal mainstream beliefs.

- At what point would we achieve 20% brain capacity or 50% or more? Whats out there that we can't even begin imagine yet in our wildest dreams?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Re : "consciousness existing outside of the brain ".....

- I have believed this to be true since I was a small child long before I could put it into comprehensive words. Which brings to mind the fact that we use less than 10% of our brains capabilities. How many topics have been brought up in this thread that could easily fit into this fact on many levels?

- I have thought many times that as a child we have access to more of our brains capabilities (therefore being able to see, do, and sense more) and as we are "untaught " these things over time it actually shrinks our brain capacity to fall in line with societal mainstream beliefs.

- At what point would we achieve 20% brain capacity or 50% or more? Whats out there that we can't even begin imagine yet in our wildest dreams?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ikensee

If I double posted Im sorry. It told me my first attempt didn't work.
I think the electronic gremlins are messing with me tonight. Lol
edit on 5-1-2014 by ikensee because: gremlins

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ikensee

I recall working with a Ouija board from age 10 until I was 17. It was most always my mom and I together on it. It answered many questions over the years and was always right. I can't remember how many time the board levitated and/or slid across the table as well as the pendulum flying off the board by itself. One time it flew so hard across the room a leg broke off when it hit the wall. Lol

- After I was born the doctors told my mom she had less than a 1% chance of being able to have more children. One time she asked the board how many children she would have and it told us 3. She asked it if they would all be healthy. It said she would have 2 boys and 1 girl and that a son would be born with severe complications but not to worry he would be ok. When I was 12 my brother was born with a collapsed lung and double pneumonia. My mom knowingly assured the doctor he would be fine. At first the doctor didn't pay much attention to what she said and continued telling her they were doing everything they could and it was a wait and see game. My baby brother only spent 2 weeks in the hospital and every day the doctor told my mom they are doing their best and every day she reassured him my brother would be ok. At 2 weeks when my brother was released in healthy condition my moms docter looked at her and said "you really knew he was going to be ok from day one didn't you ". She smiled and said yes. A year and a half later my sister was born perfectly healthy!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ikensee

That's pretty remarkable!! You and your mom are lucky that a malevolent spirit didn't come across while you were using the board. Did you all say prayers for protection, or do anything to protect yourselves while using it?

Yes, everyone, I popped in for just a few minutes. Now I'm gone again. I may check in from time to time, but I won't be on ATS as much as I used to be. There are certain members here who raise my blood pressure too high (not on this thread). I'm trying to stay away from all the negativity so I can work on my spiritual advancement.

Don't worry, Mindless, I won't let my thread die before my second anniversary.

Check you all out again in a few days... maybe. (waves bye).

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

There are certain members here who raise my blood pressure too high (not on this thread).
reply to post by sled735

Just show them the way out, and walk them to the door.

It's great to know you will be keeping tabs on us! You seem to have such vast knowledge on anything paranormal, we're bound to get stumped without you!

top topics

<< 214  215  216    218  219  220 >>

join