It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 162
<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
So I am learning

I guess I always took for granted that I was protected, but as I am finding out, that only goes so far, and whatever it is that is running around here of a negative nature, it's a bit stronger than what I have experienced in the past.
Better to be safe than sorry, and I have total faith in the creator, just never thought crosses and the like were for me,but I guess they are for everyone.

As I was typing this Roses screamed and jumped off the couch. Says something crawled on her arm.
Freaked me out

edit on 26-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

If you remember some of my pasted posts, I had something messing with my arms too awhile back.
Don't know if it was my dead cat, or something else.

Since you say you are experiencing more things lately, it wouldn't hurt to hang a cross in every room of your apt. and do a sage cleansing. You know all about how to do that from one of your threads.
Sounds like you need to do it soon, or it will just get worse.

ETA: Notice the timing of it letting her know it's there... when we were discussing faith. This tends to stir them up. They know they can be "kicked out" by the good forces, and they don't like that idea.

edit on 7/26/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Don't have any sage, but can do the crosses.

I'll just have to start there..lol

Yeah, I noticed when I talk about a lot of things they either start happening or something starts happening.
Kind of a pattern developing.

Interesting

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Just bumping the thread to welcome all the new members who have posted.

You ALL have shared some amazing experiences.

For those new here that haven't seen me before, I am mostly just a lurker here, and sometimes I pop up with feedback.
I don't have many paranormal experiences of my own, but I love reading all the stories from others here.
So, thank you very much for posting, and keeping this thread going.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Sled, I hope you reach your goal of getting 80+ more flags to beat the current paranormal top thread. That gives me hope that you won't be leaving us any time soon.

Keep posting, people. I'll be reading in the background.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ordered some sage smudge sticks and loose sage and shell to help out with cleansing the apartment today.

Probably should of done this long ago

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Cool!! I hope it works for you.

Let us know when you have it done. I am also interested in seeing if this really works, or if it's just t.v. hype.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindless1980

Will do!

The history of smudging and incense!

Smudging shares its roots with incense, which is the burning of natural substances for a particular purpose.

According to Webster's, incense is a word derived from the French encens, or encensen from the Latin incensus to cause (a passion or emotion) to become aroused. The English definition of incense is defined as:

The perfume or odors exhaled from spices and gums when burned in celebrating religious rites or as an offering to some deity. The use of incense dates back thousands of years. It can be traced to ancient Egypt where materials were burned in religious ceremonies, and to drive away demons and gratify the presence of gods. It is mentioned on an inscribed tablet that was placed on the Sphinx at Giza, Egypt, in about 1530 BC.

The Babylonians used incense extensively while offering prayers or divining oracles. It was imported into Israel in the 5th century BC to be used in religious offerings. At one time the Israelites erected separate altars for the offering of incense. It spread from there to Greece, Rome and India, where both Hindus and Buddhists still burn it in their rituals and at festivals. It was one of the gifts of the three wise men from the East to the infant Jesus, in the form of frankincense and myrrh. Roman Catholics still use incense at mass and in many other of their rituals.

The smoke of the burning incense symbolizes the sacredness of a person or occasion, and their prayers are like the smoke that rises up to God. Incense is widely used in most Oriental religions and in the ceremonies of the Anglican, Roman Catholic, and Orthodox churches. Throughout history, the burning of natural substances has been used for cleansing, healing and spiritual purposes.

Native American Smudging: The Sacred Smoke Bowl Blessing

'Smudging' is the common name given to the "Sacred Smoke Bowl Blessing," a powerful cleansing technique from the Native American tradition. It is a ritual way to cleanse a person, place or an object of negative energies or influences.

The theory behind smudging is that the smoke attaches itself to negative energy and as it clears it takes the negative energy with it, releasing it into another space to be regenerated. Sage is burned in smudging ceremonies to drive out evil spirits, negative thoughts and feelings, and to keep Gan'n (negative entities) away from areas where ceremonials take place. In the Plains Sweatlodge, the floor of the structure is strewn with sage leaves for the participants to rub on their bodies during the sweat.

Sage is also used in keeping sacred objects like pipes or Peyote wands safe from negative influence. In the Sioux nation, the Sacred Pipe is kept in a bundle with sage boughs. Smudging is very effective when you've been feeling depressed, angry, resentful or unwell or after you have had an argument with someone. It is also great to smudge yourself, the space and all the guests or participants before a ritual or ceremony or celebration. You can smudge your own auric field, the spaces of your home, car or work area. You can use smudging to cleanse crystals, gemstones, altars, sacred books, or any other spiritual item.

There is more information here (it is where I got it)
Smudging - SpiritDiscovery

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I had more than one type of paranormal experiences.

Some of them are

* telekinesis
* precognitive dreams
* miraculous death escape

(and one of the most bizarre hallucinations)

* telekinesis

In July, 2006 at the age of 17 I returned home from a place. I then sat in my bed. I wear glasses. I removed them and kept them on a newspaper. It was a hot and humid day and I was extremely stressed on that day during that particular time. I was lost in deep thought of what happened during that day.

I was over-focused on my thought. Suddenly, my concentrated mind fell on the pair of glasses kept on the newspaper. I could feel a strong connection with them. I then noticed to my surprise that those spectacles started sliding on their own on the smooth surface of the paper. I then got up from my seat. I was going to examine what was happening then.

As I moved my head in the direction of the glasses from a normal reading height such that those spectacles were on the paper and I was seeing them from the top I could see them moving on the paper. I moved my head in the direction of the object moving and they were moving in the same direction of my head.

I then just shook my head and looked away from it to another direction and then looking back again to the object and everything had stopped then. I was sweating profoundly and breathing heaving after that experience was over.

This whole experience lasted for a few seconds. I have never experienced anything like that in my life again.

* precognitive dreams

This is the only otherworldly experience that happen to me frequently during the present time for a period of about 1 and a half - 2 yrs.

I have dreams that come true. Example, I see a murder in my dream of a particular person, wearing some particular cloths. The next day I read in the newspaper, about the murder of that person whom I saw in my dream in almost the same way I saw the murdered body in my dream.

I tend to forget my dreams easily so I cannot give enough details here.

But these dreams happen frequently to me and I know that.

* miraculous death escape

I tried to commit suicide in march 2005. I came in front of a fast moving car. I raised my hands as if I was feeling good, then. The car coming at a very fast speed, hit my left arm with full force.

At that moment when the vehicle had hit my full left arm I felt extreme pain in that hand. After the car passed by me, everything was normal again. There was no pain, no scratch. The left arm was in a normal state as if nothing had happened.

The only logical explanation to this experience is that the vehicle had hit me with its full force and I felt the maximum pain beyond which one feels no pain . I had reached the tolerance level of pain up to its fullest and after that the pain came back to zero.

This scientific principle is sometimes applied when one gets a sudden pain in their arm or leg and an added pressure is added to their body to heighten the pain so that it goes back to zero. I have seen this happen once in reality in school. A boy got injured in his arm and that arm was bent even further so that the pain reaches 100 i.e. maximum pain, and then the pain has no place to increase further so it drops back to 0 i.e.normal level.

* One of the most bizarre hallucinations

I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs. None of my family members do that and we lead an average normal life.

I remember back in july 2006 I got up from bed after sleep and turned on the computer. I was then surfing nat geo website. I then saw on the left corner of the webpage a painting which resembled my own face. The portrait of that painting was very similar to my face, nearly equal facial shape and structure and the shirt which was slightly visible in the portrait was red in color and I was also wearing a red shirt at that point of time. The eyes were spectacles free in the portrait and neither was I wearing them then as I had just got up.

I still wonder to this day that what type of visual hallucination it was.

I had a few more paranormal experiences that I will never forget and I will write about them later.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Thanks for the info, DB.

I am seriously considering getting me some smudge sticks to use in my home. I don't feel threatened really, but activity has seemed to pick up lately.
The good spirits are welcome to stay, but just in case any bad ones are sneaking in the back door, they need to go.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by angelofsins

Whoa!
Awesome experiences, Angelofsins.
Thank you for sharing with us, and welcome to the thread.

You have really been "all over the map" with your abilities, huh? Fantastic!

The one about you feeling your hand in pain, then nothing, captured my attention.
Did you have any scars, or broken bones from this?

Have you considered that you may have experienced quantum jumping?

There are a few members here who have posted about quantum jumping, including myself. I can't begin to tell you where they are, but very interesting reading for sure, if you ever get time to look them up.

You say you have more.
I can't wait to read them!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Thank you sled735 for reading.

No, I did not receive any scar or broken bones due to that experience. Its as if nothing had happened to me. Everything was normal after the incident.

And could you please enlighten me about quantum jumping.

More of my paranormal experiences

* This happened in 2006. Once I was sitting in my car along with a family member. We had just got out from our house driving in the car. I was lost in some thoughts then.

Suddenly, my eyes fell on another vehicle which was there nearby moving in the parallel direction to my car. Due to traffic, our vehicles came to a still. I had wished at that time that the other vehicle met with an accident.

I gazed at that other vehicle. I moved my head forward and that vehicle also moved slightly forward. I began feeling a connection to it. Then I wanted , in my mind , that car to move it self in the right side. It so happened, that the vehicle did move extremely slightly to the right side.

Then, at that point of time I wanted that car to crash onto some nearby people in the road. I wanted that to happen because I was unable to control my thoughts and emotions then at that point. I felt a much powerful connection to that car. As if I was a part of that car, and I felt that only that vehicle and I existed. That car moved a little and it did hit one woman who was nearby that vehicle probably trying to cross it.

After that incident, the nearby cops came. They came to check what went wrong with that vehicle and if the woman was all right. After the cops came to that place, the traffic was by now clear and so we drove off from that place.

So, the experience that I had here was that what I was thinking and wanted something to happen, did happen. I wanted the car to move forward and then to the right side, and it happened. Even more surprisingly, I thought about the vehicle crashing onto someone and wanted the event to take place and it did went and hit a person.

Is there any term for this type of experience where my thoughts come true at the exact moment of my thinking them.

* This one is petty compared to what I had experienced. This happens frequently. I think of a food,a piece of cloth with a particular color in the morning and one of my family members bring me that particular food or that piece of cloth with a particular color that I had thought about it in the morning ,at night within twenty four hrs. I did not talk about my thoughts to them but it does happen frequently.

I have one or two more memorable supernatural experiences about which I will write later.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

...Your story sounds much like many of the abduction stories shared by others who have been taken.
And it could have been taking your parents too, since it is their bedroom where it hides. They may have not had any memory of this at all, or they just didn't say anything in front of you to avoid scaring you.

Do you have any memories of UFOs in your area?

Once, somewhere back in the late 70's. I was with my father and we were in town and driving home from the store and we both saw what appeared to be a cigar shape in the sky. We lived in a small suburb outside of Houston back then. I was very young at the time, so I don't remember if there were any reports in the papers about it. My father dismissed it since we were basically in the flight path of an Air Force base.

But it's worth noting he was always dismissive of the paranormal. And things never happened around him. My mother had experiences though and if she suspected something was going on, she'd have been open with me about it. She was with the Buddha. She is the one who really sat me and my brother down and talked to us about it. She was very open with such things.

I don't really feel like someone abducted. I've read a lot of abduction stories too, but missing time isn't something I have much of. That's the only incident of it I can point at and say, it's suspicious. the other incidents generally involve something like Everclear and pink lemonade

"I have a story about a Buddha that was in our den for awhile..." I am very interested in hearing the details of this experience, if you don't mind sharing.

So my mother collected statues and such. She had a lot of them and among them was a big Buddha. It sat on top the fireplace. I'd always feel like I was being watched in the room during the evenings and if I was alone. But beyond that I never thought much of it. I was young at the time, early teens (11ish). One night she sat us down (one of my older brothers who is 10 years older than me and the only one who grew up in the house with me) and told us she had been feeling watched, that the eyes of the statue followed her in the room.

The Den was right beside the kitchen, a table area and a utility room (washer/dryer/water heater) which had a door to the garage. She would hear malicious whispering voices in the utility room at night sometimes, thousands of them she said and could feel the eyes of the Buddha watching her through the walls between.

She stopped going into the den at all during the evening hours. Eventually my father moved it into our game room to make her happy, my brother even put duct tape over the eyes. That didn't really help, she still heard the voices, felt the eyes through the walls and we stopped playing in the game room....I couldn't tell you why, we just did. We never went in alone either. Then a sense of wrongness started to build.

Weird things would happen when my father wasn't around. Items would vanish and re-appear later. The poor cat and dog started to avoid the game room, the utility room, the office (attached to the game room) and even the den and garage. This was very distressing for the cat since his food and litter box were in the utility room. We'd hear sounds in the game room, but stuff wouldn't be out of place. The lights would go on when no one was around to turn them on, etc.

Finally my father gave the Buddha to one of his employee's. It was some girl that had worked for him for a little over a year. He had some car problems taking the Buddha to work that day too, was almost in an accident. Anyway he gave it to her and (remember I was like 11 or something, so early 80's) I would often ask about her since I had a huge crush on the girl (she was always so nice to me when I was at work with my father). A week later she stopped showing up to work.

He called her number, but she never answered and he went by her place got no answer, found her boyfriend and was told by her boyfriend she just left without a word to him and had abandoned her stuff (but not the Buddha apparently).They told me at the time she just quit. I got this story about it from my older brother, years later. They never found her and she never claimed her last paycheck.

You might notice I tend to be long winded in my posts. Sorry for writing books lol

I've had a lot of experiences over the course of my life, even just associated ones from friends and family.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
My friends mother passed away unexpectedly a couple years ago. About a month after she passed I was at the kitchen sink. I was looking at the window above it and saw a shadow pass by and go down the hall. Clear as day.

Back in 2000-2001 I was sitting on my girlfriends couch and saw a glowing blue ball roughly the size of a softball moving in her back yard. I watched it go across her yard. When it reached her pool it disappeared. Then as if it never stopped it reappeared on the other side of the pool and kept going.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by angelofsins

WOW! That's some pretty powerful telekinesis you have there!
I hope I never meet you on the street!

I'll get you more info on quantum jumping, and try to find my experience and at least one other member's. I think I know just about where it is in all these piles of pages.
But, right now I am in a hurry to get ready to leave. So, just know, I'm on it, okay?

Thanks for sharing. Great stuff!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Thanatos0042

Oh my gosh!!!
How strange! Wonder what happened to the girl? Do you think she had an accident, or just left the city? I guess there's no way of knowing now. That's just really weird!!

Please don't apologize for the long posts. I love the long ones that go into detail. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

Welcome to the thread, Kemik.

Well, I've heard different stories about the blue orbs, or beings that give a blue glow. Some seem to be really good, and some not so good.
Some people say they are alien in origin, but I've also read that a good human spirit will give off a light blue aura.
So... it could have been her spirit, since no one had noticed anything before.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Enjoy the thread. There are some really awesome stories here, if you are ever bored and need something to do.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
When I was 9 years old or so, I attended a really big old church in northwest Washington, it was 4 floors high and had a big dome on the main roof that made the building look like an old parliament building.. This building housed world war 2 soldiers in the '40's also..

I went there one night with family to a chili feed type dinner, and went up to the 4th floor looking for my 2 friends that were there before me.. The 4th floor had a full court basketball gym in it.. As I went up to the 4th floor, I could hear a piano playing so I went very quietly up the stairs.. At the top of these stairs was a door to the gym, and a few feet further was another wide staircase going down the back way to unused classrooms..

I could hear the piano playing as I crept over the threshold and peered down to the bottom of the staircase where this piano was, except there was no one there.. It played a couple more notes before stopping as I stood there looking at it beginning to feel fear.. And then something slammed all the piano keys at the same time as if it wanted to scare me, which it definitely did.. I ran like an ape outa there and didn't stop till I was back on the first floor..

It was hard to even sleep that night thinking of that incident. I have had a few things like this happen over the years, but now ghosts don't scare me at all.. I have even laughed at them on other occasions.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Welcome to the thread, Alienreality.

Well, that would be scary, for sure.
Maybe you frustrated the ghost who was tired of people walking in on him/her while they were practicing their piano lessons, so it banged it's hands on the keys.

Or... it could have just been trying to scare you!

Thank you for sharing on my thread.

edit on 7/29/2013 by sled735 because: change emoticon

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
Oh my gosh!!!
How strange! Wonder what happened to the girl? Do you think she had an accident, or just left the city? I guess there's no way of knowing now. That's just really weird!!

Please don't apologize for the long posts. I love the long ones that go into detail. Thanks for sharing.

I don't really know. I wonder if she had an accident with the thing in her car. I don't remember things very clearly, but I don't recall that she had any intention of quitting her job and leaving. My father was a pretty good employer from things people have said and the fact he had 2 employees who worked for him for around 30 years before retiring. But, one never knows -- people sometimes do strange things out of the blue and with no prior history of it. But there is no knowing now, it's been like 30 years and my father is long gone, my brother doesn't remember her last name anymore and records from that portion of the business, probably long gone too. But to this day, I do still wonder about her on occasion.

Glad to know you don't mind the long posts. I tend to be a very verbose person when it comes to explaining things lol.

Let me add something to the story as well. Probably a year after the Buddha was gone, we decided to go in and clean out the game room and all that. The game room was classic 70's. Bumper pool table, shuffle board, wooden dance floor in the center and a long leather covered bar along one wall. There were lots of cabinets under the bar.

Why a year? well the feeling of unrest never really left the game room and my father got irritated over it never being used and so, he thought making everyone go in and clean it out would help everyone get past the weird feeling in the room. Again, he felt nothing - the rest of us did though.

So in cleaning it out my brother discovered some lost Christmas decorations. It was a big manger scene that would fit in a diorama. Well under it (upside down) was a Ouija board (I said my mother was into that kind of stuff long before her and my father got together, so it was something she had been carrying around with her for years and somehow ended up out of a box and in there).

I don't ever have any memories of that board being used at our house and my mother was always against the use of those things. No one ever copped to having unpacked it, but my mother was pretty sure it was hers and that she had thrown it away once, long ago moving into the house we had lived in.

Anyway, my brother tried to burn the board, but it wouldn't catch fire. So he took an axe and broke it up and then it burned. It was also around this time my mother decided my Dungeons and Dragons was evil and burned all my books and dice as well. We soon started to go to church after all those experiences. We'd still see shadow people and that shadow cat, but the turbulence in the house was greatly calmed down after that. Weird things still happened though.

I haven't had any experiences in a very long time now. I still own the house I grew up in, but it's in the care of a relative and I never go that direction. My relatives who spend time there don't have any experiences there, I think whatever may have been there or happened there have since moved on or attached itself to someone else. I have protections, so I think that is why it never followed me when I moved on with my life. When I stopped living there and let some of my relatives live there, one of them was very troubled and is still to this day, so the energy probably went that way.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Thank you sled735 for replying. You are so humble as well as funny.

A couple of other experiences I had.

* weird coincidence

It happened in 2006.One day, I was there in my car along with a family member. We had driven some length out of my house and as the car was being driven, another vehicle which was moving right before our car, came to a sudden halt. Our car had to be stopped and I simply got my body moved forward and got away with no injuries.

After that incident, we were moving forward to our destination when something similar happened. Another car, moving right in front of our vehicle came to a halt. Our car had to be stopped quickly.It was very close to that other car.I managed to get away without any injuries.

I noticed another startling fact related to the above mentioned incidents. Where the first incident took place, there was a place of worship by the side of the street and in the second incident there was another place of worship by the side of the road.

* In July 2006, one day when I was in school, I was very stressed then. During the lunch time, I along with some pals were outside our classroom , by the entrance of the school having some food.

I was in a bad mood then. When I suddenly noticed, that the palm of both hands had become red as if they were pressed against something for a long time. I could feel some sort of energy between my palms. I had a feeling and so I started rubbing my both palms vigorously for a few seconds. My palms, by then became more red and had a hot and burning feeling on to them.

Then one of my friends asked me something. He then put his right arm forward to shake hands with me. I had a sharp look on my eyes.I extended my right hand and shook his hand very firmly.

Then we were shocked to see, that my that friend's hand was in extreme pain. He quickly removed his hand, the moment I shook his hand firmly. He was looking anguished and terrified. I asked him what happened. He asked me if I had any object in my hand that would cause pain.He further said that his hand was in pain and had a hot and burning sensation to it.I asked him to show his palm. I then noticed that it had slightly turned red. I touched his palm and there was some increase in temperature there compared to other parts of his body.

Is there any term for what I had experienced?

* apparition or prank?

This happened in late 90s or early 2000s. I was in standard 4 or 5. One day, I heard some rumors about a ghost in the school from a close buddy. He told me that there was some strange events going on in the room, which was located on the right side of computer lab while going in. That room was used for extra activities such as painting, sketching, or building something.

At first, I thought he was just kidding. However, out of curiosity, one day during some free time, I along with a group of friends decided to check that room. We went near it. I tried to open it but it was locked. Then someone told me that the room had been locked as there were some eerie activities happening there.

There was a small hole in the door to look inside of it. It was designed to keep track of what the kids were doing inside. I peeped through that hole. I couldn't see any unusual thing going on inside. There was no one inside that room.

While I was looking through that hole, a strange incident happened. The door handle was being tried to be opened from the inside. The handle had moved as if somebody was trying to open it from the inside of that room. There was a sharp movement of the door handle. Since the door was locked from outside, the door didn't open.

My friends were present there, during that time. We ran like we have actually seen something otherworldly happen and some of us were screaming that they have seen something move without visible forces.

This was one of my first paranormal encounter.

I have a couple of more tales. More about them later.

top topics

<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join