It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Had More Than One Type of Paranormal Experience?

page: 161
<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
As I was growing up I had a few encounters with paranormal things. In some cases, I wasn't the only person to witness it.

I would have friends stay over at my house various weekends and sometimes when we were up late, we'd catch shadow people out of the corner of our eyes. We'd always both have goose bumps when it would happen and always compare notes afterwards on what we saw. Other than being creeped out, it never left us scared.

I've had my name called/hissed a few times late at night. I'd have thought maybe it was my imagination, but other friends had reported that same thing to me. Plus when it happened, I was usually in a hurry to do something else and my mind was preoccupied and a million miles away.

We'd have a shadow cat appear before some bad event happened in the family. It wasn't always a death of a person or pet, but sometimes it was. Other times it was events, like my aunt and uncle who were trapped in Iran during the hostage crisis in 1979 (they weren't part of it, they were there working and had to go round-about to get out and safely back here).

I lost my parents at a young age and lived in the house where I grew up alone. Weird things had always happened but without them there it got stranger. I'd find lights on in the Master Bedroom (I still slept in my original room). I'd hear sounds. The closet in that room still gives me vivid nightmares of being pulled into it and trapped there (even though the only that never exactly happened). I haven't set foot in that closet in 20 years and I still get the shivers thinking about it.

There's been more, but, that seems a good sampling for this thread
. Thanks for letting me share.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Welcome to the thread, Everyone.

If you read my previous post on the last page, you saw I have limited time to respond right now due to circumstances in my home right now. Hopefully, other members can respond to your posts until I can get more time on ATS.

Just know that I am reading, but lack the brain cells to respond to make any sense at the moment, due to lack of sleep.

Please don't think I am ignoring you. I appreciate each and every one who posts on my thread.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

One other possibility occurred to me when I was clearing out a closet in the old house after my folks had passed away.....I found an old Halloween mask that I'd had as a kid (tho I'm not sure if I'd actually gotten it that young) ....it was a cat/tiger face with bright orange and blue markings, and large eye openings. That was the first time I'd connected it with the face I'd see in the window....

Could my Dad have been so pissed at me that he decided to give me a 'reason' to holler ? Would he have gone to the trouble of getting the mask, going all the way around the house in the dark and holding it up, over his head to the window long enough to get my attention?

He did have a semi twisted sense of humor, and had intentionally scared me on other occasions, even when I was rather young....tho he did 'own up to' those afterward, and he never mentioned that instance ....and by the time I'd thought of the possibility, it was too late to ask him. Still, I had convinced myself that possibility made the most 'sense'....till I saw your post !

Did you ask your dad at any point and time about this?
Or did you tell your family about what you saw ever?
Was your dad physically fit enough to lift himself up and look in the window?

Did the mask actually really look like the face in the window? Or just similar?

I know things are out there that defy rationalization even after you rationalize it, if it still bothers you them maybe there is something to it. However if you are happy with the mask explanation, I would go with that.

My wife also experienced something like that when she was a child and tried to rationalize it out and could come to no conclusion than it was what it appeared to be, which for her, was a floating head in the middle of her bed.
edit on 25-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Thanatos0042

That was my favorite Piers Anthony book, On a Pale Horse

What happened with the closet?
it seems you skipped something there?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by czechosicilian
reply to post by sled735

I would describe my entity as tall (7.5 - 8ft.), he had a small head, very wide shoulders, a very broad chest, long skinny arms with very long claw like pointy fingers that reached down to his knees, with very long skinny legs. He appeared all black and I could barely make out many other features. I almost thought he was a shapeshifter, because everytime he appeared, this other entity went hand in hand with him. It was this dog-like human looking being on all fours with long arms and a very sunken in chest and back. You could see all of his ribs and every vertebrae in his spine... no tail of course, but gray skin. You'd catch him running very fast around the room, and up the walls sometimes... and when he'd look at you, you say these glowing amber eyes, and a HUGE cheshire cat smile with razor sharp teeth. My heart would drop everytime and I felt as though I was going to die... and then BAM, in a blurred fury, he was gone. There was another demon present through all of this, but I don't feel he was related to these two entities manifestations. I was haunted by these two for many months, and have experienced many physical attacks from this gray dog-like being. I see him sometimes, especially when driving. I catch him in my review mirror in my backseat out of nowhere and then he's gone. The tall man, which is what I call him, visits me about once every month or two. He hasn't appeared in my home, or room since last year. I did move though. I catch him outside randomly, just standing there, letting me know that he's still around. He's never done anything harmful to me, but I don't trust him like I have other entities. EVERYONE that visited my old apartment experienced these three beings I'm talking about. Over 11 people have witnessed this, and most of them were so creeped out, that they stopped visiting my old home.

That's wild!! Sorry I didn't have time to respond earlier.
I'm really happy someone else saw this thing!
It would be hard to convince anyone else if more people hadn't seen it. It sounds extremely evil, for sure! And it does sound like a shape-shifter trying to scare the do-do out of you. It would me!

I've read posts by other members here that they project fear upon us as a "lesson" to help us learn how to overcome it. I've also read that they feed on our fear. So, who knows for sure what their intentions are?

The man is interesting, as well. Hard to say if he is something like a guardian, or "something else".

Scary stories, czechosicilian.
I appreciate you sharing them with us. Awesome!!!

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thank you for the response.

I've toyed with that guardian idea. Did you know that they say that if you have been Overshadowed, which means that an entity has attached itself to you and is using your energy, almost similar to an energy vampire, that if you are under attack so to say by another entity, your demons/ghosts/entities, will actually stand up and protect and defend you because in a way, they own you and you are their property, so they're going to protect you...

As far out as it sounds, I do truly believe this, and your guardian comment has aroused these thoughts once again.

They also say that if you ask an entity for space, or if you ask and entity to leave you alone, that a good entity will give you your space, and evil will go nowhere. Now that I think of it, ever since I asked the tall man to leave me alone, he did. He only visits from a distance. However, my son and I did have some terrifying experiences with the tall man, sooooooooooo, I'm going to hypothesis that this is a wolf in sheeps clothing scenario, and continue to request my distance with this one.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by czechosicilian

Always best to go with your "gut" instincts, I always say.

And the fact this man is dressed in black is another red flag. Good entities/spirits are always seen in white, or light gray. The darker the color, the more evil it is, from what I've read and experienced myself.

It's good this man in black is at least giving you your space, as requested. That puzzles me as to what/who he is.

Seriously, I would be seeking a demonologist, or at least a medium, to come out and see what they pick up. If something evil is attached to you, you need to bid it farewell.

edit on 7/26/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

That is an interesting observation Sled!

There was something that pulled through me to read a post here on ATS once that was like a shadow person, and he was dark, I have no doubt. I think I told that on your thread somewhere a while back, tried to draw a picture of it but failed miserably although it was still a cool picture.

Whatever it was, was very interesting in an ouija board message for some reason that someone had posted.
I'll have to keep the colors in mind when I see something again.

I just hate when things like that don't respond to a person, just seem to ignore them and do whatever it is they wanna do, like that thing that went through me to read the message, didn't like that at all.
edit on 26-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Yep, that was a freaky thing, for sure.

Here is your post/drawing about that:

Well... that link went totally somewhere else!
Let me try again.

edit on 7/26/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by sled735

A quick drawing

It was wispy though like smoke.
That's hard to draw,
looks to much like fur.

I'll just do a reply to this post. That way I know it will show up.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yep, thats the picture.

This thing was more human like though, with kind of spiky hair. Reminded me more of a punk rocker or something along those lines only wispy.

I dunno why it was so interested in that message.

Don't really wanna figure it out either...

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I've been doing an experiment the last week, as I have been having nightmares that started up again, so I have been wearing a cross my son gave me made out of two nails and copper wire, and from the first night I put oit on, the nightmares stopped, and in fact, I have been dreaming of other things, like an eagle who sat on my window and allowed me to examine it's beak.

*ponder*

Just a strange thing I noticed after putting on the cross.

I don't normally wear religious things, however, after some of the things I have experienced over the last couple of years, I might start wearing this cross a bit more if not all the time. I am not religious, but spiritual, however, my belief system allows for these kind of things, and if it is working, that's what counts

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

That was my favorite Piers Anthony book, On a Pale Horse

What happened with the closet?
it seems you skipped something there?

It's my favorite as well. I had actually started using the name online (well, with BBS') just before I discovered that book.

I didn't really skip the closet so much as just didn't delve deeper into it. I always felt something was watching me from that closet and felt uneasy going into it. I get chills remembering it to this day. It's worth noting this is an older house, built in the 70's. It is near some burial grounds and an old cemetery that supposedly never had anyone buried in it.

The problem is, I have a very clear memory of having to go into it to turn the light out. It didn't have a switch, it had a chain from the light bulb in the center. I remember the door closing and me trying to open it and something holding it closed, but not entirely successfully and also something trying to hold me in there. A very clear memory with all the emotional terror intact. I was 19-20 at the time and alone in the house. That is my last clear memory of the incident before waking up in bed...in the Master Bedroom (where, you'll remember I said I never slept in there).

The closet door was closed and the light was off. I did my best to convince myself it was a very, very bad and vivid dream. But as I've gotten older and pondered it more, I'm not entirely sure it was. I've had very vivid dreams through my life and none of them inspired the level of emotions that one did. It makes me wonder what happened to that missing time and how I ended up in the bed there.

I wasn't (and still am not) the kind of person to be scared of things. That memory or dream though, still sends a shiver of terror down my spine. Once, when I had my name called, I had that same reaction. I can still hear my name called to this day and it gives me that same shiver.

I have had that dream about the incident over and over through my life. Also so vivid I wake up and have to turn a light on to clear it out of my mind or I'm just done sleeping for the night. So I don't know if it was real or not, but I think it was. I don't know what was so terror inspiring about that closet or that master bedroom. Whatever it was though mostly stayed there.

I once rented the room out to 2 friends who needed a place to stay (boyfriend/girlfriend). They always found the bathroom or closet light on at random times. Bulbs in the room would burn out constantly. The room would get colder than the rest of the house. But they never felt there terror I did. I wouldn't go into the room alone after that whole closet thing.

Much later down the road I had a half-brother of mine staying there, but he never felt any unease or anything. That doesn't surprise me though. He was from my father's side of the family, pretty religious too. He was very insensitive to the paranormal, like my father. Things never happened around them, they were like null fields of some kind.

I have a story about a Buddha that was in our den for awhile. Affected everyone in the house, except my father and him (when he visited). They were totally oblivious.

Anyway, that's the story about the closet. Dream or reality, it is certainly real enough for me.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Did you ask your dad at any point and time about this?
Or did you tell your family about what you saw ever?
Was your dad physically fit enough to lift himself up and look in the window?

Did the mask actually really look like the face in the window? Or just similar?

I know things are out there that defy rationalization even after you rationalize it, if it still bothers you them maybe there is something to it. However if you are happy with the mask explanation, I would go with that.

I never asked him if he used the mask to scare me that night.....He was gone by the time I'd thought he might have been responsible.
He was certainly fit enough to look in the window, and could have done so by, say standing on a chair. It would have been fairly easy for an adult to simply hold the mask up to the window pane if they were just standing on the ground. The eyes of the face were dark.....black eyes or empty eye sockets with the night showing thru.

I can't say for sure that I did or didn't say anything to them about the 'booger face' in the window.....I might have mentioned it, but there was no real discussion of it......I would have been more likely to tell my Grandmother....she would have likely cautioned me not to say anything else about it.

And it's not so very odd that I'd avoid 'upsetting' my parents, especially my Mother, with such a fanciful tale....they took a dim view of my paranormal type, or 'weird episodes' ...I had a few at an early age, and have mentioned some in earlier posts......(At about the same age, I had made the very 'unwelcomed' announcement at the breakfast table, that the family dog was dead! )

I once over heard my Mother saying , "She gives me the creeps when she does that", in reference to the fact that I told her my Grandfather had died before we got the phone call.....Which is one reason I hesitate to blame Dad....Mom would have taken a dim view of such a prank, and would have 'ratted' on him rather than let me believe I'd seen something real.

The face really looked a lot like that mask.....at least as well as I can recall, but I didn't take a very long look at the face before I went under the covers! It really seems like the mask came later...I didn't 'trick or treat' till I was in first grade....If I'd already had the mask, seems like I should have made the connection sooner.

Taken in context with some of the other things that I've seen over the years, considering the possibility that the 'face in the window' was my Dad's doing is almost more of a reach.....

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Thanks for verifying the cross (religious items) works for you. That's good info to know.

You might consider wearing it to the Thomas House when you visit to avoid bringing any evil home with you.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Thanatos0042

Hummmmmm........ ( ponders while drumming fingers on desk.)

I hesitate to mention this because I don't want to scare you, but you are here to get answers, so here goes...

Your story sounds much like many of the abduction stories shared by others who have been taken.
And it could have been taking your parents too, since it is their bedroom where it hides. They may have not had any memory of this at all, or they just didn't say anything in front of you to avoid scaring you.

Do you have any memories of UFOs in your area?

ETA:

"I have a story about a Buddha that was in our den for awhile. Affected everyone in the house, except my father and him (when he visited). They were totally oblivious."

I am very interested in hearing the details of this experience, if you don't mind sharing.

edit on 7/26/2013 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I think I am going to leave it on for a while...lol

Although I don't want anything to stop whatever it is doing, if it is a negative energy of some kind, I would rather not have it messing with me.

My wife and I have been discussing some of the things that happen around here, and I am of the opinion that there are both negative and positive beings within this building. I'd much rather deal with the good ones, than undergo another attack like I did last year. Although I am bothered by the fact that something negative has been messing with me, it is beyond my ability to get rid of, so I will just keep it away instead. Yeah, I am already planning a few things for the Palmer house, having a friend send me some crystals for each of us to carry around where we go, and this cross, my feather, and a few walkie talkies, evp recorder, a laser light for pointing in the dark, cameras, video, and who knows what else.

I never thought I would have to wear a religious item.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
i have had three, maybe four. when i was in second grade in, 1976, my family was went out to dinner. while at the restaurant, i became VERY agitated and worried about a fire at home. i was really worried about our cat that had just had kittens. i kept asking my parents what would happen to teeger and her babies if there was a fire. my parents kept trying to calm me. we got home, there was no fire. but, next morning, our other car that was parked right next to the house had been charred on the inside. my mom had cleaned out the fire place that day and placed the ashes in a bag so we could make a dump run.

when i was 17 in 1985, i had just finished jogging and coming through the front door. my mom was just going out. said goodbye to her. we were a bit more born again christian at the time. after showering, i felt a compulsion to listen to this christian rock album from a group called petra. very uplifting music, sounds a little like journey. but this was different. when i got to the song, grave robber, how god's love comforts people when you lose a loved one, i became very depressed. shook it off and went to work, two hours later, after my break, my manager tells me to clock out. then my sis in law shows up out of the blue. turns out that my mom had a fatal heart attack. i was given a premonition by god from that song to prepare for my mom's passing.

in aug, 2001 my oldest brother died. the night before his funeral, i was on my knees, crying, really upset. my left shoulder was in my wifes left stomach area, her arms underneath my mine. right shoulder way away from her. i felt a taps on my right shoulder and heard clear as day, "maj (short for major, my name) it's alright" i looked up and my wife's eyes were round as old silver dollars. she looks at me and says "you heard that too?"

april 2002, i was home alone for a whole week. family was in florida visiting her brother. work would not let me go. our daughter had a three foot tall bright white teddy bear that was in her room. can not miss it. came home for lunch from work. the teddy bear was sitting in the spot i was watching a movie the night before. NO ONE was there and no one came by. have no idea how it got there.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Well, things definitely are around that little kids can see and adults don't.
A very interesting account, thank you for sharing it.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I'm glad you are protecting yourself with all those items. And it sounds like you are prepared to get some evidence at the Palmer House. YEA!!!

I think it is important to have "protection" against evil forces. Religion has a stigma attached to it only because MAN has corrupted it. But the true message has not been corrupted... Good will win out over evil, if one believes strongly enough. This is called faith. Faith exists in any "belief system", and that's where all the power is.

Always "arm" yourself with faith in "good".

top topics

<< 158  159  160    162  163  164 >>

join