It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Axis Shifts Again.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

Yes, we can't tell exactly where the Earth will be in 100 million years. What does that have to a change in the figure axis and earthquakes being caused to avoid asteroids?

As I said, the immeasurable change in the location of the figure axis does not affect the tilt of the Earth's axis or its orbit.

edit on 2/22/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

sorry if im not clear. im saying we have seasons do to the tilt in our axis. as it tilts and moves gravity from the sun and moon have an effect on the earth. well if you change the mass that it pulls then our orbit will change. like lets say kansas is now were the north pole is that would put antarctica at the equator and that would change the mass that the moon and sun depend on to keep us in the orbit we are on now.

some might say well the earth is the same weight no mater what side it is on. that is true but our planet bulges at the equator it bulges because of the earths rotation along with the moon. so if you put a different land mass at the equator gravity pulls on it differently from as it dose now.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This quote is from... www.uwgb.edu...

Unless mass were expelled from the Earth, or some force were applied from outside the Earth, it would be impossible to change the Earth's orbit or rotation.

Do you think Mass could be expelled from Earth??

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Your op states this

think about it..... we had 2 close calls with asteroids this year. and then look at all the big quakes that happend right before they passed. this would be the only reason i would think that they would put the whole earth in jeopardy. some minor chaos is better than having our slate whiped clean.

Yet you then talk of it being a long term process to achieve the distances needed to avoid an asteroid (let's ignore the fact I think the theory is wrong) but you are implying that a quake was created by TPTB to avoid these close calls, despite the changes being almost immeasurable. Did the asteroids not miss by hundreds of thousands of miles, yet you think a 6.5 inch shift saved us. Wow.

Conflicting ideas? Just a tad.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i am saying over time. i was just using the close call as a point of how close they can be and we not get hit. it dosent take much to get a big result over time.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well, buddy i have to admit its far fetched....it stretches but i wonder when we get these earth moving quakes, how do you tell which way the earth will react?
We have them in turkey and then yellowstone, then africa and then somewhere else.....
What i ask is will all these earth movements make the earth go in the same direction?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think the Earth has always maintained a balance pretty good or there are other forces at work helping the Planet stay balanced. Either way...it is balancing itself and spinning sooooo fast. Its miraculous really.

If s were to htf I think we as energetic humans can shed some light on other dimensions and none of us NEED the Earth to maintain anyway.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It would be MUCH easier to nudge the inbound astroid, than it would be to "nudge" the much larger Earth.

Especially if it's over time.

All the variables that would be involved in "shaking" the Earth so that it would miss an asteroid from way down our future........if we have the knowledge to do that, we should then be able to go out and simply give the 'roid a gentle push instead.

No damaging earthquakes needed, no tsunamis causing massive amounts of damage and death.......

Moving the Earth just seems like a very hard way to get something done, when there is a much easier way to do this.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

the was just one avenue of my post.
this is why im asking the masses.

i dont have the grant money to test this
thanks for the input.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

You're welcome. Keep in mind I'm open to many things, but having the ability to move the Earth around seems a bit over the top.

But then again, it would not be the first time that humans have arrogantly used new technology in a way that hurts the Earth and people.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join