It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Afraid: Russia And China Seek To Put In Place Top-Down Regulation Of The Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Be Afraid: Russia And China Seek To Put In Place Top-Down Regulation Of The Internet

www.techdirt.co m

For all the talk of SOPA/PIPA/ACTA/TPP, there's another much bigger threat to "the internet as we know it."

•Subject cyber security and data privacy to international control

•Allow foreign phone companies to charge fees for "international" Internet traffic

•Impose unprecedented economic regulations such as mandates for rates

•Regulate international mobile roaming rates and practices.

•Subsume under intergovernmental control many functions of the Internet Engineering Task Force, th
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
online.wsj.com
www.theregister.co.uk

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
And people say Ron Paul is crazy for wanting to get us out of the U.N!
As if giving up sovereignty is a logical and more sane course.

The FCC Commisioner wrote an interesting Op-Ed in the Wall Street Journal
online.wsj.com...

This is HUGE!

What the hell is going on man, we should definately get out of the UN.

Imagine how much damage this would do to businesses

Seems like not only another step towards control but also the first step towards UN imposed taxes.

Obama recently spoke about a Global Tax, this seems like the first step towards in the most horrific manner.

Actually tax is something but an international regulatory commitee might also be needed in the future to oversee imposed rates, internet taxes and other topics.

The below quote is regarding Obama's idea for a global tax but is an interesting addition to this topic:

A global minimum tax would logically require some sort of global IRS to ensure the tax was paid, and it would give the government even more excuses to invade our financial privacy.

www.ronpaul2012.com...

Troubled times ahead!

But I fear there is more than meets the eye!
Something else is up here too

www.techdirt.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Seriously why is Russia playing the NWO propaganda line? Does Putin want to be more unpopular?

I am starting to have doubts that whether Russia is pro or anti NWO?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I would not pay a global tax, that is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Anyways. (and sice obama said it, im not surprised)

Yeah, it seems like there is an all out assault on the internet right now, Its up to everyone to defend it. Don't let the government take away your interwebs, the internet is an amazing tool.

The internet makes TPTB SHIVER with TERROR, because they were not expecting this, they did not expect information to travel at the speed of light through the ocean, and instantly available for millions of people. We can take down governments with the internet. We can organize with the internet. We can learn with the internet.

They don't like that. They don't like the fact that we are undermining them and planning their demise. Its all over the internet. Anon wan'ts the demise of the corporatocracy, so do a lot of other hacking groups, and those groups grow by the day, thousands have recently flocked to the percieved cause. Its entertainment for us at least. But really, would you not defend your homeland as well? If you -live- for the internet, then you would defend it with every breath.

Top down regulation, because you know, you can just impose law over a great portion of the world because they ask every single person what they think about those laws.

Note: Im excited for the end of the year, whatever happens, its going to happen for a reason, and if it comes down to it, I'll be on the front lines defending freedom, would you? (I also have no kids, if i did, it would be different).

KINDA OFF TRACK, Good thread, SnF

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
They will treat Internet as a resource and will tax us till we scream. So, we don't want to fight, good, then we have it coming. Don't complain.

BTW, stupid people, who are a majority, don't really need Internet as we few know it. That is what will kill it. They never needed knowledge base as Internet. Really.

This is a war between 100IQ and 130 + IQ. The real "class" struggle that is going on.

edit on 22-2-2012 by DangerDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think we all knew eventually the governments would seek absolute control of the internet, plus major corporations having their own slice which they'll charge through the nose for.

I saw this even as far back as Netscape and AOL where you could only browse using their intergrated browsers. Once something goes mainstream it's the deathnail for it.

The internet as we know it is coming to an end. I can even see a point where the "net" is localised to your own country and you can't even access data from outside.. it's sneaking in now with Youtube and others.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
WOW here we go again with the Russia-China tag team.

Normally I would have a opinion on something like this and normally I would be taken bu suprise, but then again I'm not. It seems the NWO gov'ts want the internet shut down indef.

EDIT: Maybe not shut down but they want complete control over it. So our place like ATS is cut off and we can't get access to this kind of news..

-SAP-

edit on 22-2-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Seriously,The russians are making a fool of themselves with their double games and on off relationship with NWO.Have russians forgotten how NWO bribed Gorbachev and collapsed the USSR? Putin must be dumb or scared of the Rothschild.

And hell I thought that he stood up to the Rothschild like how Stalin(USSR) and Andrew Jackson(USA) did.

Disgusting and despicable

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think they are still both communist nations pretending to be reformed.

That is why they still work together to achieve their goals by arming nations like Iran.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
People seem to have a high opinion of Russia
Their image is good only as a facade

But don't think any nation is not pro-NWO while being a permanent member of the UN Security Council

Doesn't work that way

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
Seriously,The russians are making a fool of themselves with their double games and on off relationship with NWO.Have russians forgotten how NWO bribed Gorbachev and collapsed the USSR? Putin must be dumb or scared of the Rothschild.

Or getting money and power from them

If not he might not have gotten that position to begin with

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This does not surprise me at all really.

The internet is one of the few tools that really empower common people across the globe. News, information, research, all at our finger tips. It's a type of freedom that everyone should be able to enjoy. Governments wanting to limit it, control it, and tax it, is not too much of a surprise. The only surprise is how long it's taking them to try and do it globally.

I can in reality live without the internet, as I did years ago in life. However, the quality of the world as a whole would go down even worse that it has.

The internet allows me to talk to people in an intelligent manner (most of the time, heh). I can converse to someone in another country, and regular person like me, and ask: "Hey, is it really like what my government says over there?" and get a reply back: "Yes." "No." or "You American PIG, I hate you!" (to which the last I normally reply "How about a beer? I'm buying." and normally get "Oh......okay, well I'll spare your life...for now...."
hehehehe

But seriously, the internet allows for so many things to happen that were unheard of before: research being developed globally at once. Communicating with others and keeping in touch in an instant. Exchange of cultures and beliefs.....the list could go on and on.

Of course people in power would want to control that.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Global citizens need to stand up collectively.

Right now the corrupt world leaders see that there are no longer borders.

Nationality is literally the class in which you reside economically at this point in time.

Those with money want it all and those enjoying the freedom of information understand true value.

Conflict.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
The internet as we know it is coming to an end. I can even see a point where the "net" is localised to your own country and you can't even access data from outside.. it's sneaking in now with Youtube and others.

Sorta like Long Distance and Local phone calls back when cell phones weren't around
?

Imagine if the ISP's start charging you seperate rates. Local internet within the US and access outside the US

Everybody makes money globally since they have us by the nuts. We are all addicted and it has become a very integral part of our lives and business that companies wouldn't mind spending the extra dollar if they deal with international clients. Individuals might or might not depending on what and who they wish to communicate with overseas via the internet.

Will have to wait and see the interesting future of Internet.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Russia and China now joining America into the fascist internet... what a surprise!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
The internet is one of the few tools that really empower common people across the globe...Governments wanting to limit it, control it, and tax it, is not too much of a surprise. The only surprise is how long it's taking them to try and do it globally.

Especially governments where the average citizen is gaining too much knowledge and it threatens their corrupted system. Who better than Russia and China to lead this movement
Sure every political system across the globe is corrupted. What they are proposing is basically 1 step forward and 2 steps backward. Government especially doesn't like it when their citizens become aware and knowledgible about their inner workings and dealings
Lets see how much steam this particular movement will generate before it cools down.

new topics

top topics

join