It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery celestial body passes in front of sun!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's the moon mate.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Next, opening up that bottled air website. If you can do this here, you will make millions on that.

selling bottled atmosphere representation!!!! Good 1 SaturnFX
this made it to the FP
FL &ST for that
edit on 2/22/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
All of this is nonsense .... It's clearly lens flare ....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Now that just bring a whole new layer of funny into all this.

Yesterday there was a thread posted about this event and it took the stance that Nasa didn't know it was going to happen. The person wanted to know about the moves of that planet?

When I saw Chad's thread this morning I got a good giggle and gave him a flag (yes, one of those is mine!) Sometimes the craziness of ATS is just too much!

OiO

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Through the use of the latest available technology and randomly applying filters to the image, I've been able to prove something beyond a doubt.

The evidence is irrefutable and clear for anyone to see.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
This was captured by the Solar Dynamics Observatory today and couldn't be seen from earth.

Nubiru?

Planet x?

Death Star?

Or what...?

Beyond the novelty of observing an eclipse from space, these images have practical value to the SDO science team. The sharp edge of the lunar limb helps researchers measure the in-orbit characteristics of the telescope--e.g., how light diffracts around the telescope's optics and filter support grids. Once these are calibrated, it is possible to correct SDO data for instrumental effects and sharpen the images even more than before.

During the eclipse, the edge of the Moon briefly covered sunspot AR1422, a source of strong ultraviolet emissions. SDO's EVE sensor, which measures the sun's extreme UV output, saw a sharp drop at several wavelengths when the sunspot was behind the Moon

Very cool.

The text says it is The Moon.
And it looks very much like it too.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Loved it. Funny as crap. (Greek sense of skata logical humor)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Read the article you posted, it says it is the MOON!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
Nice thread for mislead people into discredited discussions about Nibiru!

Good job!

As I showed that on the previous times a similar "Moon transiting between the SDO and the Sun" threads appeared on ATS, even after the moon explanation was clearly spelled out, with clear links back to the SDO websites, people STILL refused to believe the mundane explanation handed to them, and would rather concentrate on the Nibiru explanation.

So I don't think it would have mattered if Chadwickus was more clear up front or not. Many people would still rather believe in conspiracies rather than the mundane.

edit on 2/22/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: format problem

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Good one mate, you broke the hearts of the "Nibiru's everything in the sky" club

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Seems there are a few members who aren't familiar enough with Mr. Chadwickus and his views on Niburu to appreciate this thread for what it is...a really cool pic delivered with the intent of a miscreant. LOL

Nice job at jacking up the crowd, Chadwickus. Well deserving of a star and a flag from me, sir.

edit on 22-2-2012 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnrobca
All of this is nonsense .... It's clearly lens flare ....

I beg to differ. I believe it's a moth....no doubt the work of Steven Greer.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
it's hilarious how many people in this thread just don't get it. even after several pages. good thread chad!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
it's hilarious how many people in this thread just don't get it. even after several pages. good thread chad!

I'm quite sure that's what he was counting on.

That's what makes ATS a hoot....day after day.....LOL

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Through the use of the latest available technology and randomly applying filters to the image, I've been able to prove something beyond a doubt.

The evidence is irrefutable and clear for anyone to see.

OMG. Excellent work, Blaine! "Randomly applying filters to the image.." LMAO

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Wow for all those saying its the moon, so SOHO's orbit of the SUN (at that time) is so FAR from the sun, its just outside of our Earth atmosphere and even before the MOON, not after???

SOHO is satelliite?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Is this another social fear study using ATS as a venue? Whatever the OP's original intentions, it has definitely made me chuckle. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

That isn't the moon, it's Niburu and all I'm going to say to it is "Heyo!" and "Hey how is it going?"

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I thought it was against the T&C to knowingly post a hoax?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
This was captured by the Solar Dynamics Observatory today and couldn't be seen from earth.

Nubiru?

Planet x?

Death Star?

Or what...?

Beyond the novelty of observing an eclipse from space, these images have practical value to the SDO science team. The sharp edge of the lunar limb helps researchers measure the in-orbit characteristics of the telescope--e.g., how light diffracts around the telescope's optics and filter support grids. Once these are calibrated, it is possible to correct SDO data for instrumental effects and sharpen the images even more than before.

During the eclipse, the edge of the Moon briefly covered sunspot AR1422, a source of strong ultraviolet emissions. SDO's EVE sensor, which measures the sun's extreme UV output, saw a sharp drop at several wavelengths when the sunspot was behind the Moon

Very cool.

edit on 22/2/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Doooh, it's obviously a giant Jaffa Cake that's been bitten off!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join