It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Struggle With?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Sometimes we get into a way of thinking where we have all the answers for everyone else yet fail to see ourselves desperately in need of one. I see people who write books and give talks about how to live "better" yet never admit to having struggle in their life. Many live in denial of reality just trying keep their focus on others instead of themselves. Why is it wrong to be brokenhearted or to be imperfect? What if we became strong and alive through our weaknesses? The fear of vulnerability can cause one to suffer more than it helps protect them.

I struggle with losing sight of what is really important. In everyday life I so easily lose perspective and understanding when I feel stressed or anger. Later when I give it thought and reason, the stress and anger lose their grip on me.

What do you struggle with?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
My zipper!

That's why eYe's a toad.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Many people can't or don't want to deal with their own issues, they bury them in the dark corridors of their minds, and focus on others and their problems. Text book Psychology 101 behavior for trauma based childhoods.

There are others who do eventually raise their buried issues to the surface, face them head on, power through those past demons, and come out Jedi strong! There is a good balance in nature, for every starving human, there are 2 more willing to feed them, it's just that those numbers are severely displaced. Ask the Haitians about all that Red Cross assistance.

I struggle with humanity, I see how distorted their perceptions of reality are, how easily manipulated they've become over time, how the sick and diseased are on the rise, and it saddens me. Many times their black clouds rain down on me because I'm next to them. I do have a good sized umbrella and a large shovel I use for ATS though.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I struggle with the here and now..my past is the past and I don't really let it bother me..my future..the future I WANT seems impossible to achieve..I know exactly what I want but have somehow lost the map to get there. I feel stuck some days and it seems easy to just get lost online or with tv or whatever..I'm getting older and I haven't done what I want to do and when I feel like the clock is ticking away I get panicked over not knowing..not knowing what to do..

I wish someone could just TELL me what to do...how to get to the place I want to be. So I struggle in the here and now.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

What Do You Struggle With?

I struggle with people who want me to vote this way or that when in all reality no self proclaiming Law Abiding citizen even knows the number of mandatory expectations, nor will they learn the number within their own lifetime. Their candidates don't know the number of laws either, let alone what they all are and what they all mean when held in context with eachother simultaneously.

Lock up all the current lawmakers and don't let them out until they write down word for word all the existing laws from memory.

Think they would live long enough to complete the task?

Ah... what do I really expect from people... maybe my expectations are too high.

It's not like the laws, which are mandatory, are required learning in schools.

Dear Lawmakers & Voters,

Sincerely,
ILike★s

edit on 21-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: I don't know why you are reading this. I didn't put anything important here, honest. Are you still reading this? Why?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I struggle with time running out in my life. The road ahead seemed limitless in my youth, not so much at all remains now. What did I contribute to the whole of humanity? Do I still have time left to do anything meaningful?
Right now, I'm at a loss over why I ever existed at all. What purpose have I served?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

I am struggling with perfecting a step-christi at 59 so I can challenge myself on the verticles at Revelstoke

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I struggle finding meaning, motivation or direction in my life. While these are major problems that I continually need to deal with, I find that helping others in times of need fills the void and makes me feel more productive. This concern for others can be rather self-defeating at times, but at least I can take some positives out of the experiences I have with other people.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I struggle with having expectations.. I suppose in short I struggle most with the fact that I struggle, despite understanding where the struggle comes from.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by QueSeraSera
I struggle with time running out in my life. The road ahead seemed limitless in my youth, not so much at all remains now. What did I contribute to the whole of humanity? Do I still have time left to do anything meaningful?
Right now, I'm at a loss over why I ever existed at all. What purpose have I served?

That is precisely what I think about on a regular basis. Granted, I'm only 21 (I guess that's still young?), but I really haven't been very successful in my life thus far.

I also tend to get the most disappointed when I think about my youth/adolescence. I've always had social issues, and I went through the majority of my high school years with no friends whatsoever. I'm in a bit of a better position now; but, considering my past, I could potentially lose all of my interpersonal communication ability in a matter of seconds.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by Ralphy

I am struggling with perfecting a step-christi at 59 so I can challenge myself on the verticles at Revelstoke

Well I haven't made the verticles but sied 9.5 klms down the slow track today...
...still struggling but heh that's a beginning

new topics

top topics

join