It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia, China and Iran back Assad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Russia, China and Iran back Assad

FT.com

Mr Assad met a senior Russian politician in Damascus, who reiterated Moscow’s support for his reform programme and spoke out against any foreign intervention in the conflict, Russian and Syrian news agencies reported.

China accused western countries of stirring up civil war in Syria, and two Iranian warships docked at a Syrian naval base, underscoring rising international tensions over the near year-long crisis.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Tue Feb 21st 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This story, point blank, is reiterating the sentiments of many here at ATS who are concerned about a very stupid Israeli move to attack Iran's nuclear facilities.

The Israelis must be in some kind of fear fog, to even think about such a move- when it is clear that Russia and China are firmly against any further western intervention in middle eastern affairs.

How Russia and China seem to be forgiving the brutal murder by Assad of civilians at this point, and not intervening themselves, presents another problem. Given each of their own country's suppression of dissent and brutality themselves though, I could see how this can happen. It's understandable.

But inhumane.

Russian intervention alone in any attack against Syria/Iran should be considered carefully, as one only need recall the events of the Georgia situation, and the way the Russians came in with overwhelming force. Why would one not assume they would ratchet that up 100 fold against a force like the US Persian Gulf fleet? Their intent to use nuclear weapons, and skip the small stuff, has been made quite clear.

I just hope someone, ANYONE, in Washington- or perhaps more crucially, Tel Aviv- is listening.

FT.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

All I can say is Thank God - Russia China and Iran are keeping a level head - because Israel and US never did.

Somebody needs to calm them down and the American people need to watch the Video presented here on ATS and educate themselves as to who the good guys really are!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

All I can say is Thank God - Russia China and Iran are keeping a level head - because Israel and US never did.

Somebody needs to calm them down and the American people need to watch the Video presented here on ATS and educate themselves as to who the good guys really are!

That's because Russia and China sell arms to Iran, a country led by people who state over and over again that they want to wipe Israel off the map. I guess you're ok with a country that says such things developing nuclear weapons........

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

That's because Russia and China sell arms to Iran, a country led by people who state over and over again that they want to wipe Israel off the map. I guess you're ok with a country that says such things developing nuclear weapons........

They never said wipe them from the map. Israel said it will wipe out most of the world if they are ever defeated are you ok with them illegally developing nukes?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

Ahem....And who does the USA sell/give arms too?
Were not all that innocent in this.
The mere fact that the we have, what? 50 military bases stretched all through the border of Iran says what?
Taking that into consideration along with the fact that we have a government that will seemingly go to war for any reason at all....what do we think Iran is going to do?

Things are going to get ugly unless we take a much more peaceful approach as well as quit being Israels little bitch.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303

You are so indoctrinated - it's unbelievable - Iran never started a war with anyone ever - so yes I'm ok with them having a Nuke Program - US are the ones selling all the arms and threatening the world with their Nukes - get yourself an education man - it's so embarrassing.
Israel should allow inspectors into their Nuke Programs - and the US have started/instigated and interfered in every Country and War they see fit - if you ever did a Math Class add up the numbers of deaths they're responsible for - but that's why they keep the their population dumbed down so that they all talk like you.
Thank God some Americans have seen the truth.

You really are a TRUE AMERICAN they must be all so proud of you.

edit on 21-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

How Russia and China seem to be forgiving the brutal murder by Assad of civilians at this point, and not intervening themselves, presents another problem. Given each of their own country's suppression of dissent and brutality themselves though, I could see how this can happen. It's understandable.

I have not heard even once, even in a whisper or indirect words..................a request from Western political business military circles........to Syrian rebels to stop attack government forces and fighting with them and instead start a political dialogue to settle things on democratic reforms and social rights etc. Assad is willing to conduct them but his hands are all tied fighting the rebels who are armed and sponsored by Western allies like Saudi, UAE and Quatar.

So who is really responsible for the brutal murders of what so called 'RPG and AK-47 armed rebel' civilians. Worst they do not even want to talk to Assad government, not in Syria or abroad. Attack the government forces then pay the price.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Not saying I want it to go down but I'm betting the house on Russia does nothing if Iran gets hit. China either. They will do exactly what the US did when they hit Georgia. Nothing, talk tough and condemn maybe move a few joint exercises around to seem aggravated but they will do nothing.

China has a logistical problem no worries. Russia's tech is antiquated they are currently searching for upgrades outside their borders, not so much manufacturing new tech themselves. Nobody is going to use a nuke. At least none of the big players. Everybody wants the game to continue.

The only crazies on the board belong to Iran and more so Israel. They are like a litlle kid getting into fights because they have big brother to back them up.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You really are a TRUE AMERICAN they must be all so proud of you.

Umm, were you talking to me or Fitch?

That was a little vague.

But the rest of your post made all the sense in the world.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

A person of reason and sound thinking understands that obama would not think about going to war with Iran, he understands that he is the first black president, and deep in his heart, he does not want to ruin this chance by sending the troops back to War for another none finding of exaggerated information just to please the Jews.

The sad thing about this is that if a republican is elected next year, you all understand that they will easily go to war with Iran, and kiss Israel bum for 4 years straight.

War is coming within 4 years.

Surprise in November, as Obama will shock the world by handing it over to Hillary Clinton ,if not ,he will still win, but the republicans will block all the good that he was suppose to do, but couldn’t, because it didn’t satisfy the 1%.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

I have not heard even once, even in a whisper or indirect words..................a request from Western political business military circles........to Syrian rebels to stop attack government forces and fighting with them and instead start a political dialogue to settle things on democratic reforms and social rights etc. Assad is willing to conduct them but his hands are all tied fighting the rebels who are armed and sponsored by Western allies like Saudi, UAE and Quatar.

So who is really responsible for the brutal murders of what so called 'RPG and AK-47 armed rebel' civilians. Worst they do not even want to talk to Assad government, not in Syria or abroad. Attack the government forces then pay the price.

It is not often you will find people who are willing to lay down arms and talk with a leader whos massacre of civilians caused his own forces to turn against them. And the rebels are armed by the Syrians via the units that have changes sides. Assad is doomed. The military will continue to defect as they are forced again and again to kill fellow Syrians. But hey its nice see you support a regime who kills its own people just for protesting.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
Not saying I want it to go down but I'm betting the house on Russia does nothing if Iran gets hit. China either. They will do exactly what the US did when they hit Georgia. Nothing, talk tough and condemn maybe move a few joint exercises around to seem aggravated but they will do nothing.

China has a logistical problem no worries. Russia's tech is antiquated they are currently searching for upgrades outside their borders, not so much manufacturing new tech themselves. Nobody is going to use a nuke. At least none of the big players. Everybody wants the game to continue.

The only crazies on the board belong to Iran and more so Israel. They are like a litlle kid getting into fights because they have big brother to back them up.

Both Russia and China will not be involved in the sense of sending their troops to Iran. But they sure will send lots of weapons that will bog down US in Iran from another decade or so. Also, Russia can cut off the NDN route to resupply the NATO troops in Afghan and that would be a critical blow to US. China has $3.2T saved up in its treasury. What can $100B buy in terms of good weapons? I bet a lots.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Iran did say that Israel wants wiping off the face of earth, sometime last week on BBC news... Also al quida are suppose to be involved in the Syrian uprising so maybe it's best to just leave them all to there own fate over there and not get involved.. Iran and nukes well my pedigree chums that's somethings that scares me more than letting queers get married but at the end of the day and alls said and done there's only one nation ever used nukes in a war... Il leave ya with that one

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Protest but not with AKs and RPGs. Take a permit from government and they will give you a time window and venue. When time is up, then go home and protest in other ways which are legal and get attention also.

In any or majority of militaries, during the time of external or internal strife, any one defecting is subject to court martial. Worst in Syria's case they are not only deserting they are attacking the army that they served. Not even court martial should be allowed, just shoot them on the spot.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Sorry - checked back - it was Fitch who was talking so educated.

I take back the 'True American Jibe' - once again sorry!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
A person of reason and sound thinking understands that obama would not think about going to war with Iran, he understands that he is the first black president, and deep in his heart, he does not want to ruin this chance by sending the troops back to War for another none finding of exaggerated information just to please the Jews.

Whether Obama thinks about it or not, he's not going to be left with much of a choice if Israel acts unilaterally and attacks Iran- and Iran and/or Russia/China decides they've had enough of western meddling in the middle east. Would it be a great surprise to see Russia stop Israel dead in its tracks before they ever even reached Iran? If cooler heads prevailed, the response would be proportionate to the attack. But cooler heads are not exactly a dime a dozen anymore.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

refer to my posts on a comprehensive poll by Doha debates. 55% syrians prefer Assad over muslim brotherhood and civil war.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

I asked one Christian guy from Iraq as to what is the difference between now and during Saddam's time. He said Saddam's time was much better and even 9 years from from he was toppled, Iraq is still in disarray, chaos, economic stagnation and power with few. Minorities like him had better protection during Saddam in power and that is why he left Iraq at the first chance.

Same will be the case with Libya, Tunisia and Egypt. Glad Russia and China are now helping other nations not fall into the trap of fake freedom.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

and the warmongers here want more war as long as the bombs don't fall on them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join