It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Coli Is back!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So whilst searching RSOE EDIS website to have a look at the world.I found this,and it caught my attention and I thought it might be important to mention in this Topic section.

A 6-year old girl has died in Germany of the killer E.coli bacteria EHEC, prompting fears Monday that the epidemic has returned, after claiming dozens of victims last year.

Read the full event description here- Link

Should we reach out for our gas masks?

Either way tell me and others.What you think

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hellzdoms

E.coli is here to stay. It is the most common cause of hospital-acquired nosocomial infection; usually resulting in urinary tract infections (UTIs).

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hellzdoms

hellzdoms,
Thank you for sharing you find...However, I hate to say it but I do not believe the E. Coli bacteria had gone anywhere.
I very much feel for that young girl and her family and hope better health for everyone.
E. Coli is a nasssstyyy little bugger. You don't want to catch him. & I thought we already had our gask maks out
lol

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Yeah it can be nasty.somehow i managed to survive through all three major viruses and diseases.swine flue,bird flue and e coli. Maybe it is a bit of a conspiricy making us buy vac injections just incase..I also myself feel sorry for the girl and her family.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

I assume it will be more of a threat in third world countries.. I suppose there will be a rise in bacteria as population rises and the amount of equipment decreses because of lack of materials.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellzdoms

I assume it will be more of a threat in third world countries.. I suppose there will be a rise in bacteria as population rises and the amount of equipment decreses because of lack of materials.

I would have to believe that all things are more dangerous in third world countries just because they lack the resources. Even the simpliest of ideas like good handwashing techniques can be lifesaving resources in some places. Education, running water, handwashing, vaccinations, prenatal vitamins, etc. I have a friend who travels to South America every Feb with a medical team. They perform health assessments, physical exams, blood pressure checks, etc. They bring lifesaving medications too...vitamins!!! The difference between the have-countries and the have-not countries in this world is astounding!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yeah yet, Britain sends billions of pounds to India that apparently does not need it because of its huge economy.
If you want to be part of a life long club you have to live in a country that is not in the third world.
It is amazing how this world,no matter how democratic they claim it to be is in all fairness split into groups.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yeah yet, Britain sends billions of pounds to India that apparently does not need it because of its huge economy.
If you want to be part of a life long club you have to live in a country that is not in the third world.
It is amazing how this world,no matter how democratic they claim it to be is in all fairness split into groups.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
On a more positive note, E. Coli is VERY effective at destroying toxic waste.

This public service announcement brought was to you by the letter "E."
We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The fear here is because this isnt the standard E. Coli bacteria. It is a 'superbug' that is more dangerous, and more resistant, than standard E. Coli.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
superbugs are not as super as the name might suggest.

In Direct Competition they are often outperformed by their non resistent brothers and sisters. In the presence of Antibiotics they seem to thrive. Take antibiotics out of the game and the resistance genes will dissapear over time. Problem is that a hospital is usually filled to the brim with people on antibiotics.

The more you try to fight it the worse the result will be over time with massive use of antibiotics.

top topics

join