It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal (someday global?) Driver's license, should I get one?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
If you want to make a social statement about micromanagement then go ahead and refuse the livcense. There are hundreds of other things that would make more impact if you are destined to be a crusader.

If not, then get the Real ID inspired piece of junk and be done with it.

But don't be surprised when the TSA, which has already begun to man state borders, requires you to show a valid ID...to cross state lines on a U.S. highway or the Federally funded Interstate.

MOF, you can expect that that will be Directive One under martial law.

Suggestion? Do what I did. Move out of the country.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
You can blame the new federal license rules on states that allow illegals to get drivers licenses.

We have a problem in Calif as illegals can not get drivers licenses.
So what some illegals do is to get a drivers license in another state then use it to get a Calif license.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
You have the right to life, liberty, etc. and liberty includes the ability to TRAVEL. You are not "driving" a truck, taxi or limo, you are traveling in your personal automobile. It has been to the Supreme Court several times.

and tossed out every time, as it is just BS.
No one is stopping you travelling, you can always walk.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by CaptChaos
You have the right to life, liberty, etc. and liberty includes the ability to TRAVEL. You are not "driving" a truck, taxi or limo, you are traveling in your personal automobile. It has been to the Supreme Court several times.

and tossed out every time, as it is just BS.
No one is stopping you travelling, you can always walk.

Hi Still,

You are wrong yet again.

"The right of a citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon in the ordinary course of life and business is a common right which he has under his right to enjoy life and liberty, to acquire and possess property, and to pursue happiness and safety. It includes the right in so doing to use the ordinary and usual conveyances of the day; and under the existing modes of travel includes the right to drive a horse-drawn carriage or wagon thereon, or to operate an automobile thereon, for the usual and ordinary purposes of life and business. It is not a mere privilege, like the privilege of moving a house in the street, operating a business stand in the street, or transporting persons or property for hire along the street, which a city may permit or prohibit at will."
[Thompson v. Smith, 155 Va. 367,154 SE 579 (1930)]

"The right to travel, to go from place to place as the means of transportation permit, is a natural right subject to the rights of others and to reasonable regulation under law. A restraint imposed by the Government of the United States upon this liberty, therefore, must conform with the provision of the Fifth Amendment that ‘No person shall be * * * deprived of * * * liberty * * * without due process of law’."
[Schactman v. Dulles, 96 App DC 287, 225 F.2d 938, at 941]

The right to travel is part of the 'liberty' of which a citizen cannot be deprived without due process of law under the Fifth Amendment.
[Kent v. Dulles, 357 U.S. 116 (195)]

Please stop posting BS.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rphine
and to reasonable regulation under law.

You missed that part, *snip*

funny that, as it destroys your whole argument again!

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory
edit on Wed Feb 22 2012 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Hi Still,

It's funny that you ignored the rest of that ruling, as well as the many other Supreme Court rulings regarding this matter. After all according to you, these are "tossed out every time" (proven BS)

A restraint imposed by the Government of the United States upon this liberty, therefore, must conform with the provision of the Fifth Amendment that ‘No person shall be * * * deprived of * * * liberty * * * without due process of law’."

Did you forget this ruling?

The right to travel is part of the 'liberty' of which a citizen cannot be deprived without due process of law under the Fifth Amendment.
[Kent v. Dulles, 357 U.S. 116 (195)]

How about the first one?

"The right of a citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon in the ordinary course of life and business is a common right which he has under his right to enjoy life and liberty, to acquire and possess property, and to pursue happiness and safety. It includes the right in so doing to use the ordinary and usual conveyances of the day; and under the existing modes of travel includes the right to drive a horse-drawn carriage or wagon thereon, or to operate an automobile thereon, for the usual and ordinary purposes of life and business. It is not a mere privilege, like the privilege of moving a house in the street, operating a business stand in the street, or transporting persons or property for hire along the street, which a city may permit or prohibit at will."
[Thompson v. Smith, 155 Va. 367,154 SE 579 (1930)]

Why did you not address those? Perhaps because you are wrong?

Can you show me where random traffic stops are regulated under a law? I think I am smelling BS again. I will be looking forward to seeing what other topics you post BS in. Take care.

Best regards,
m0rphine
edit on 22-2-2012 by m0rphine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh
Anyway, interesting fact: There were some Christians way back when in Russia who refused to get passports as they associated it as the mark of the beast of Russia's anti-Christ government. They couldn't do anything or go anywhere without one. They usually died as martyrs.

I didn't know that about passports, but was surprised how many hundreds of thousands of Christians died under the Stalin/Lenin regime for 'non-compliance' by having a belief separate from the government.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Did you read the information from that DMV site?

There is no RFID in such a card.

Yep, not in this card, but New York as I understand it now has the option. That's two steps away from getting one: 1.) State nearby has it and it 'works' and 2.) You have the 'option'. Strange thing about options, if everyone opts-in, it's no longer provided as a choice.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheExopolitician
If you want to make a social statement about micromanagement then go ahead and refuse the livcense.

They've got that covered too, they want you to have a 'State ID'.

There are hundreds of other things that would make more impact if you are destined to be a crusader.

I'm listening. I have no intent on crusading for the sake of crusading though.

But don't be surprised when the TSA, which has already begun to man state borders, requires you to show a valid ID...to cross state lines on a U.S. highway or the Federally funded Interstate.

MOF, you can expect that that will be Directive One under martial law.

I don't doubt it.

Suggestion? Do what I did. Move out of the country.

I may be able to run from the new world order for a short while...or I can begin taking a stand. If I had no children and put a value on my own skin, then perhaps I could.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I hope this information can help....

Note: a government issued passport or drivers license is not your property.

Disabling RFID Chips – When you buy an item (not a government issued passport or other id which is actually the property of the government that issued it) and they include an RFID tag with the item, the RFID tag is now your property and you can destroy it freely. Here are some ways to kill your RFID chips so they do not commit any further privacy invasion.

1.If you know where the RFID chip is hit it with a hammer hard a few times.
2.If you know where the RFID chip is puncture it with a knife or an ice pick a few times. They do not bleed. Attacks with a pliers or vise grip can also be rewarding.
3.If you can get visual access to the chip, sever its antenna so it can no longer transmit or bounce a signal back.
4.Put the chip in a microwave for five seconds. This will kill the chip but may get a little messy. Not so good for your microwave either so don’t keep doing this in that it could damage your microwave.
5.Possible Solution – Place the RFID in an item on or in a demagnetizer. This may screw it up. Try it in magnetizer and demagnetizer mode.
6.Possible solution is to zap the RFID chip with a strong stun gun or taster several times. This should have some disabling effect.
Disinformation Fun With RFID Chips – Take RFID chips out of items when you can get to them and remove them carefully to keep them functional. You can now place these RFID tags in other items. Be creative. Try to enjoy yourself as much as possible. Do not place them inside of items for sale in stores in that this can disrupt their business. Random items like vehicles in the street can be likely places for RFID transplantation. Imagine the fun, especially with certain kinds of vehicles. Leave a RFID or two inside of busses and taxis in nice places where they are likely to stay for years. Send your RFID chips around the country or continent in trucks.

When traveling to foreign lands bring your inventory of liberated RFID chips, they are not contraband and can be transported. Donate some RFID chips as you see fit always remembering to enjoy yourself and not break any laws. Trade RFID chips with people in other countries. Load your car up with numerous RFID chips. Best if from different countries or at least different regions. Great RFID reader interpretations for sure. Why are you traveling all the time every day?

Make up your mind to have a good time and enjoy yourself. Disinformation is the real weakness with the RFID chips being used other than for what they were intended to be used for.

Source

Transporting vehicles all over the US and caring a CDL it has become interesting over the years with how they can track the new cars as well as the CDL drivers. Now with Tire Makers putting RFID chips in new tires. It doesn't matter what year your car is it can be tracked on the highway. They also can track your license plate.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

No. There may be no RFID chip...but there might still be other chips or other electromagnetically encoded information in them.

Also...your government might simply be lying to you. It wouldn't be the first time, would it? If I were forced into such a "compliance" issue, I would be sure to expose the license to lots and lots of intense electromagnetic radiation (preferably of alternating polarity) prior to use. Maybe even screw around with the optical (barcode or QR code) on the back with a permanent marker as well, if I felt I had a steady enough hand for it.

No sense in making the concentration camps EASIER for these rat-bastards.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator

Yikes. RFID chips in the TIRES?!? You know...it's things like this that almost make me hope for a massive solar flare to send the whole world back to the stone age.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

There are gold stars on a lot of things. Gold stars are extremely common awards, stickers, trophies, logos, on and on.

Not a good argument at all.
edit on 22-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

No. There may be no RFID chip...but there might still be other chips or other electromagnetically encoded information in them.

Also...your government might simply be lying to you. It wouldn't be the first time, would it? If I were forced into such a "compliance" issue, I would be sure to expose the license to lots and lots of intense electromagnetic radiation (preferably of alternating polarity) prior to use. Maybe even screw around with the optical (barcode or QR code) on the back with a permanent marker as well, if I felt I had a steady enough hand for it.

No sense in making the concentration camps EASIER for these rat-bastards.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Sneaky semantics? I wouldn't doubt it. My current one has one of those '3D barcodes' on the back, I was wondering if there was some kind of app to read them.

Originally posted by milominderbinder
Also...your government might simply be lying to you. It wouldn't be the first time, would it?

Wha? The government lie to its people?

Originally posted by milominderbinder If I were forced into such a "compliance" issue, I would be sure to expose the license to lots and lots of intense electromagnetic radiation (preferably of alternating polarity) prior to use. Maybe even screw around with the optical (barcode or QR code) on the back with a permanent marker as well, if I felt I had a steady enough hand for it.

I've just learned that it will be a mandate in a few years.

The ID requirement begins Dec.1, 2014, for those
born after 1964 and Dec.1, 2017, for those born
before, according to the U.S. Department of
Homeland Security. Those without the ID cards will
be unable to travel on commercial trains or airlines
or enter federal facilities after the 2014 or 2017 deadline.

www.ndia.org... aware_DMV_ready_6.17.10.pdf

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

I still think you're being overly paranoid.

In fact, a large portion of ATS is full of folks that are well-meaning but do not understand how to apply logic to certain situations.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I still think you're being overly paranoid.

Perhaps, but haven't been convinced yet that the concern is unwarranted.

In fact, a large portion of ATS is full of folks that are well-meaning but do not understand how to apply logic to certain situations.

Let's leave the insults at the door please.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The State of Florida Driver's License offices does not recognize a retired military Identification card. I was told that there was no way to verify the ID card's authenticity even though I had a DD Form 214 (Honorable Discharge to prove otherwise. I drove another 60 mile round trip back home to get another piece of identification to replace it. (I was told that seven pieces of identification to verify my social security status and residence(where I live).

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTurk
The State of Florida Driver's License offices does not recognize a retired military Identification card. I was told that there was no way to verify the ID card's authenticity even though I had a DD Form 214 (Honorable Discharge to prove otherwise. I drove another 60 mile round trip back home to get another piece of identification to replace it. (I was told that seven pieces of identification to verify my social security status and residence(where I live).

The government (state or national) makes and changes the rules as they go, usually abandoning reason in the process it seems. I'm sorry for the way they've treated you after what you've done for the country. My father and grandfather were both veterans and was appalled at the daily treatment they received from the nation they served.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The real question is why is anyone required to obtain a license to drive to begin with, and even more compelling is the question why is a person required to surrender the bill of sale to a department of motor vehicles in exchange for a "title of registration"?

License Definition:

A special permission to do something on, or with, somebody else’s property which, were it not for the license, could be legally prevented or give rise to legal action in tort or trespass.

All DMV's have declared that driving is a "privilege" and not a right, but by what lawful authority did any state derive such power to declare the right of locomotion or travel null and void upon use of an automobile?

"Personal liberty largely consists of the Right of locomotion -- to go where and when one pleases -- only so far restrained as the Rights of others may make it necessary for the welfare of all other citizens. The Right of the Citizen to travel upon the public highways and to transport his property thereon, by horse drawn carriage, wagon, or automobile, is not a mere privilege which may be permitted or prohibited at will, but the common Right which he has under his Right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Under this Constitutional guarantee one may, therefore, under normal conditions, travel at his inclination along the public highways or in public places, and while conducting himself in an orderly and decent manner, neither interfering with nor disturbing another's Rights, he will be protected, not only in his person, but in his safe conduct."

-II Am.Jur. (1st) Constitutional Law, Sect.329, p.1135

Your signatures on a license and title of registration are what give states the lawful authority to deny and disparage the right to travel under circumstances of automobile, or other mechanical conveyances. Those who sign these licensing agreements and registration agreements are granting the state the authority they lack because it was not granted to them by Constitution. Let us, to support this contention, just take a look at the Delaware Constitution Preamble

Through Divine goodness, all men have by nature the rights of worshiping and serving their Creator according to the dictates of their consciences, of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring and protecting reputation and property, and in general of obtaining objects suitable to their condition, without injury by one to another; and as these rights are essential to their welfare, for due exercise thereof, power is inherent in them; and therefore all just authority in the institutions of political society is derived from the people, and established with their consent, to advance their happiness; and they may for this end, as circumstances require, from time to time, alter their Constitution of government.

The protection of rights begins with the individual asserting them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join