It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Globalization: A Result of Freeing the Slaves & Labor Laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm not being racist, or saying we should have slaves. I do not support slavery in anyway.

Looking back through history there has always been one thing, slaves. Ever civilization or "Economy" has had them in some way. It's all about cheap labor. After slavery was fully abolished and corporations a grown larger, new laws had to be made to protect every type of worker. Children were over worked and under paid, as were women. Men were forced overtime etc. Slavery was horrible, but the owner had to give up a place for them to live and food to eat. Now that's an extremely low standard, but there were families out there that worked and couldn't provide that. Business will always find away around any law.

The laws worked for a while, and our country was very prosperous. Our middle class was massive. Unfortunately our laws only govern our country. During this time period corporations continued growing, eventually becoming global corporations. The laws governing the corporations were now where ever the corporation chooses to operate in. The good ole' rules of economics then kicked back in, and the corporations sought out cheap labor. Certain countries - such as China jump to mind.

At this point we start to lose jobs. Some try to argue that they are crappy jobs we are losing. This is a very flawed argument. All those low wage jobs (which would be more min. wage jobs in the US) are in a factory, which would also have other positions like supervisors. We lose construction jobs, b/c no factory being built. The ripple effect on the economy is massive. At the same time we are losing tons of jobs, China is gaining a massive amount of jobs. This is why China likes its laws better. China's economy is booming, because its laws benefit the corporations the most.

This will continue. Corporations will only continue to grow. They always have and always will follow the laws of economics. They will seek out cheap labor. China will continue to grow and the U.S. will continue to shrink. Our laws do not benefit us in a global economy. There is however one country the corporations hate, and that's the U.S. The last thing they want is the whole World to have U.S. labor laws.

The U.S will slowly wither up and die. Some form of globalization will have to be accepted. I see no way that war would not occur though. Either war and then later instill the new laws/economy. Or trying to law new economy and China saying no, thus creating a war.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Globalization does not need to be accepted. We have every resource we need here in the states. We have factories awaiting revitalization and a huge idle workforce. We need to end all free trade agreements. We need protectionist tariffs. We need punitive import fees for any product that can be made here. We need to break the government's strangle hold on our economy by repealing all of the stupid laws that make it very difficult to start a new business here. We need to put an end to corporations having the same rights as people. The US can produce everything we need. Especially after we annex Canada and export all of the liberals to Europe.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Globalization does not need to be accepted. We have every resource we need here in the states.

Actually Globalization must be accepted. It's not about resources. It's the fact that if the world doesn't unite as one, it's only a matter of time before another Hitler emerges and wants to take over the world and take our resources.

see detailed thread

The only options are globalization, nuclear apocalypse, or a major war that returns us all to barbarism. Those are the only three options.

I'll take globalization every time.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Globalization does not need to be accepted. We have every resource we need here in the states.

Actually Globalization must be accepted. It's not about resources. It's the fact that if the world doesn't unite as one, it's only a matter of time before another Hitler emerges and wants to take over the world and take our resources.

see detailed thread

The only options are globalization, nuclear apocalypse, or a major war that returns us all to barbarism. Those are the only three options.

I'll take globalization every time.
I disagree. One world government is the surest way to assure the rise of a global dictator. The US rescued the world from Hitler. If the whole world was under a single dictator, who could rescue us then? I prefer a return to barbarism over nwo/one world government.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Wow, that last sentence was funny
of course without those smilies id think you were nuts.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Wow, that last sentence was funny
of course without those smilies id think you were nuts.
Yeah, I was just kidding about that part. Too many lefties in Canada. I want to get rid of the ones we already have, not add more.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I don't truly mind others having a different political view point. Its when they pass legislation that force me to do things I don't like that makes me want them gone (and the legislation repealed).

And before panties are bundled. I am not anarchist, I feel liberal (but not the progressive (regressive) liberal).

I think that as long as your not harming anyone or coercing them to your way of thinking, then by all means live life the way you want.

Who cares if you believe in God, Allah, Buddha, Satan (I can't name them all, its just not possible so just named the ones I am most familiar with) or that we were some accident or genetic project or no deity at all. If I ask about your beliefs then good, don't come knocking on my door wanting to indoctrinate me, and don't be yelling at me on the streets that the end is nigh (really its old, been hearing that tune since the dawn of time).

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Im not saying globalization isn't going to occur one way or another. But it's important to understand why and how to set it up properly. Doing so in stealth usually is a bad thing

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cbvh27

Doing anything that affects others "behind closed doors" like the healthcare bill is a bad thing (mentioned that as it is the most relevant thing I could remember off the top of my hat).

top topics

join