It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan: Strange very bright light during Sakurajima volcano eruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Well, I watched this video and thought whatever this light is looked really weird.

I thought it was just a vehicle to begin with but when you keep watching the video they should where the road is and it's not where the light is. Also, The light seems unusually bright for headlights and there appears to be no car behind it.

It's just strange that this is almost exact timing to the volcano eruption.

Weird video...So I wanted to see other opinions.

Any thoughts?

Pred...
edit on 20-2-2012 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Helicopter search light aimed directly at camera? But its so odd, because you can see the extremely bright light path lighting up the edge of the road as it approaches till it passes.

It was low to the ground, look how far the projection's line of sight was.

good find!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think it was a piece of the mountain flying off. If you look close it has smoke and fire on the back as it passes.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I find that pretty fascinating. I am not aware of any vehicle that is that luminous or that fly's at that low of altitude, and why at the exact time of the eruption? Pretty good find

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by literofcola
I think it was a piece of the mountain flying off. If you look close it has smoke and fire on the back as it passes.

If it was something like that though, I would've thought that you would have objects behind it as well as in front of it being illuminated. As far as I can see, it seems like it's only illuminating the road/ground in front of it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
wow. That is pretty weird! i have no clue what it could be.
i guess it is a UFO or UMO (unidentified moving object)
lol.
i'll check back later to see if someone came up with an good explanation.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

During a volcanic eruption, huge quantities of material can be ejected into the atmosphere, reaching great height and remaining a threat to aviation for several months. Volcanic ash accumulates at higher altitudes in clouds which then drift with the wind. The ash does not show up on aircraft weather radar or ATC radars because of the small size of the particles. Ash particles carry electrical charges and, within a cloud of volcanic ash, this can give rise to Thunder and Lightning in the area immediately overhead the eruption,but this is not overhead as I see it.
There is another smaller faster moving object on the other side coming from the other side of the street left to right in the lower portion of the cam shot.Nice find but I bet there is a logical answer..hello.Nice find!!

edit on 21-2-2012 by Highergrounds because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
When I view the video at the beginning, in the upper left corner video it appears there is a road. If you look at the cars, they seem to take on the same characteristics as the glowing light in the close-up.

I think it is a vehicle being viewed under light sensitive settings but fast enough to eliminate a long trailer.

No certainty here good post.

Watched the video again and now I am doubting its a car because it doesn't look like it's on the road. If it's a helicopter the pilot is crazy, flying pretty low.

www.digital-photography-school.com...
edit on 21-2-2012 by Sharpenmycleats because: Doubting my own conclusion

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by literofcola

Plausible enough, but the movement of the light is too weird for it to be a piece of the mountain.

I will go with Unidentified Object (flying or not), until someone actually identifies it.
Very nice find indeed.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It's well know by now and widely accepted within the scientific community that there is such a thing as tectonic lights which can be caused before, during and after earthquakes and volcanic eruptions

Additionally, this video has been posted before.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
It's well know by now and widely accepted within the scientific community that there is such a thing as tectonic lights which can be caused before, during and after earthquakes and volcanic eruptions

Additionally, this video has been posted before.

Ohhh.
Sounds like a crazy thing, but I googled "Techtonic Lights" and I got this wiki page explaining about them.

Fascinating. Even more fascinating than the possibility of an UFO actually.

I particularly like this one line:

Once commonly challenged, it was not until photographs were taken during the Matsushiro earthquake swarm in Nagano, Japan (which occurred from 1965 through 1967) that the seismology community acknowledged their occurrence.

Interesting how they were first pictured in Japan as well.

I'm leaning more towards tectonic lights now. Very interesting natural phenomena.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cricious

Glad I could help

I would've tried to explain but yeah, they're quite complicated

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Already discussed here almost one year ago

Here's what I said at the time:

After almost one hour of research for the original video at the date of 7th April 2011 (7 kwiecień 2011), I finally found it...

Here it is (avalaible up to 720HD) at the original Japanese page
Scroll down to the bottom page:

NOTES:
1- Each day is divided in 6 parts of 4 hours at an increasingly fast rate up to 8 minutes.
2- "LightForEarth" user cut the original video from 8' to 6'26"
3- The three other webcam captures are also missing as well as the weather map (extreme left side)
4- The quick lights are cars headlights passing by a road closer to the Sakurajima volcano. We can also see them on the top left webcam as well as boats lights.

But above all, there's nothing at this date similar to what we can see on the OP video...

Here are the direct Youtube links:

00h to 04h:

04h to 08h:

08h to 12h:

12h to 16h:

16h to 20h:

[at 7'24": lava eruption]

20h to 24h:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Forgot to add the already existing threads for this one:

Sakurajima Japan ufo, try explain this!
Sakurajima volcano and UFO activity
Sakurajima erupts again, video with possible UFO?
Sakurajima Unexplained Light and Ufos - 7/11/2011 Japan
Eruption at Sakurajima! Multiple UFO's visible from different angles!
Sakurajima Volcano UFO's?
UFO’s and ‘Explosions’ Recorded Near Japan’s Sakurakima Volcano.

If i remember correctly, someone (can't remember who though) explained that that was only workers on a road under construction... night road construction lighting.
Edit, it was Gavron here
edit on 22-2-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I originally saw this on LiveLeak in April 2011 and it has fascinated me ever since. Yesterday it crossed my mind so I went back to see it again. I realized that this was only months prior to Fuk us hima. IMHO the first light that is seen thrashing back and forth looks like a Dragon in distress. The light that appears before him is St. Michael the Arch Angel and the other lights that appear on the ground and in the sky are witnesses to what is taking place. The lights going to and fro look like those trying to help the dragon but they cannot endure the Righteous Power of St. Michael. a reply to: predator0187

new topics

top topics

join