It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conditioning of the American People for whats to come.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I hadnt considered the cost-effective part of it, that does make alot of sense..spend less make way more. business is business.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Roundtree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Also, there is a show on, and i cant remember the name of it... But basically they bring these kids (8 to 16 or so) into a prison to see what its like to be in there if they "stay on the same track theyre on".. they have some of the most bogus reasons to be in there, things such as backtalking your parents.. kids see this and theyre going to be "oh, we must obey or we'll be put in prison" .. its getting them ready.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Roundtree

Look how they even tune into what our Dogs want or at least what they want YOU to buy for your dog - using high frequency advertisements.
www.youtube.com...

This is just a tiny example of how much money is spent on convincing us what ever they want us to believe.

You should also notice that during the commercials, when most people get up and leave the tv set for a drink or whatever - the volume is increased. So if you're in the next room you still hear it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

And "Lockup" too. Yes, I feel that this is conditioning as well. Thanks for putting it into a thread. I'm glad someone else has articulated this.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

If you want to talk about conditioning people to accept more severe things in the future, I can think of no better example than the TSA. Violating the 4th Amendment, setting up checkpoints to search people and make them feel like they're bad, making them feel like the government has to lend a helping hand to keep us safe from terrorist boogeymen.

I see that as potential preparation for more severe things in the future, like military checkpoints on the road and stuff like that. "Oh, they're just keeping us safe. You don't want to get attacked by terrorists, do you? I have nothing to hide". I feel like the TSA sets us up for things like that in the future, but hopefully I'm wrong.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

Originally posted by quedup
They're preparing you all for when you get your first Chinese President!

I'm not being nasty - I just gave you your first flag - couldn't find a Chinese one.

Sorry

edit on 20-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

Said president would be shot down pretty quickly.

Not going to happen, even if our own government was on it's knees begging for it.

It won't happen because people like me live here.

That's a bit racist don't you think? Kenyan is ok but not Chinese? I can imagine a Chinese president would take better care of of their money than the Kenyan is doing,

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Ah... I have seen that Blaine and I (sorry for including you, but based on the lack of recognition for your honest retort, you and I are in the minority in regards to this.)

So the vast number of responders here believe that the wide array of programming, that is cable, is in on one large conspiracy to condition the minds of the viewers? Shows such as Alaska State Troopers (which doesn't pertain to any state trooper in any other state).....Gotcha.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Of Course! how could I forget the TSA checkpoints *slaps face*

While I havent personally been through one, so I wouldnt know first hand, what you said is true, millions of people fly on planes, they know this, so thats where they focus alot of their efforts.

Another thing that kind of bugs me is the "DWI" check points they set up on the roads.. have they been around for a long time or something? I only started noticing them recently (2-3 years) in my region atleast.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
To the OP.

Point taken on your excellent post. But, it also has to do with the whole concept of reality shows. As more people sit at home, not going out into real life, they are content, to get their adrenaline rushes from visuals. TV, gaming, facebook...name it.

The television/movie industry will keep producing *food* for people as long as they keep ingesting it. Shows, like Cops and those of that genre, are the most cost effective for production. Have you noticed there are more movies being produced that are documentaries? They don't have to pay the high fees of established actors. Same with the Cop style shows.

As long as people keep giving ratings for these types of programming...the more we'll get.

JMOHO....

Des

edit on 20-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

This is the long an short of it -- reality shows are cheap, quick and easy to produce. Networks (typically) buy them because people watch them and they can sell the network programing to a cable/satellite, advertisers pay, and the great huge yawning chasm of bandwith has a little more filler. 24/356 x hundreds of channels is a lot of space to fill.

If there is any regret here it is that people actually watch reality shows.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
really!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It's everywhere, law and order, Cops, being some of the oldest examples that are still on.

It's all to make sure we know the cops are "good" and not to be questioned.

The police are policy enforcers that is all, they have no legal mandate to actually protect, numerous court cases have verified that the police have no obligation to protect citizens.

Expect the propaganda to continue, it will only increase as the police state continues to grow, anyone catch the newest pripaganda movie "act of valor" real navy seals keeping us safe from terrorist on us soil....
edit on 21-2-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

If you want to talk about conditioning people to accept more severe things in the future, I can think of no better example than the TSA. Violating the 4th Amendment, setting up checkpoints to search people and make them feel like they're bad, making them feel like the government has to lend a helping hand to keep us safe from terrorist boogeymen.

So that made me think. I was watching the second season of top shot. And they had a Homeland security agent. He didn't last long, but I think his role in that show, shows a lot.

In one challenge, it was a team relay race, and the Homeland security agent, started the race, but every time another team mate was suppose to go and shoot a target, He would just take off and run to it. There was no thought, just action.

I wish I could find a clip on youtube but I can't. But I recommend watching it, just for that.

I do think some for of conditioning is going on, on tv.

And to the OP what you said about the schools, I absolutely believe.
I live in Kansas now, but I grew up in Florida. And moved inbetween my Junior Year, or 11th grade. And WOW what a difference.
In florida, I had to wear a name tag with my photo on it, and the whole school was fenced in. You name tag told administration when you were to leave. Or if you were supposed to be there.
Then I came to Kansas. Wow what a change. I could just about do what ever i wanted. I could leave if I wanted to. It was strange. I remember I was supposed to have in school suspension once. But I didn't feel like it and just went to class. And when they came and got me, I told the resource officer and principal that I would either go to class or go home. So, they let me go back to class.
Completely different area, and how things are done.
I remember the schools in Florida started to bring drug dogs in, and gave a demonstration and stuff when I was a kid.
And the DARE program as well. (I was the only one in my school who didn't pass) lol
I think you are right!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MoosKept240

You know, I remember watching that episode and thinking to myself that it was a little.. odd what he was doing.

Your story about Florida schools intrigues me. We should attempt to compile a list of things that could be considered "conditioning" that we remember from being in high school. Ive only been out for two years, so I'll think on it for awhile and post what i come up with, I look forward to seeing what you guys might have to say as well.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I agree..there is information on ASHTAR Command not to watch TV or Read Newspapers..I know something is going down.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7

I agree..there is information on ASHTAR Command not to watch TV or Read Newspapers..I know something is going down.

ASHTAR? I'll have to go check that out.

I really am glad that I wasnt the only one noticing a ton of police shows on television. I wonder how much of what we watch is actually subliminally influenced.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I've never been much for the "reality" shows. Usually they're pretty dull. But i do DVR "Doomsday Preppers" on NatGeo. That show is alright for picking up ideas for "doomsday" survival. I also DVR "Parking Wars" when i want a good laugh.

I can see where people would get conditioned by some of these reality "LEO" shows. There are alot of ignorant and weak-minded people out there.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Shows of this type have been exploding with the "Reality" craze that has driven cable news programming now for several years.

I agree, the OP is stretching a little. The fact is, the average American TV viewer (replace american with western for the most part) has a very short attention span. As such, show producers attempt to make their show still enjoyable when you are only paying attention half the time.

The reality craze has kicked this into overdrive.

Think of it this way. Back before reality shows, you want to do a cop show? Ok, first, you need producers, then writers, then a staff of actors who are unionized just like the writers are. Then you need sets and production locations, and you need to pay prop masters and set designers as well as pay for the location.

Now, with reality shows you can do a show without paying for:

A script
Writers
Sets
Hands (set designers, makeup artists, scouters etc etc)

So when you think about it, it only makes sense that the networks would try to pump as much cheap and shallow reality tv as possible, as it's the best way to make a profit, spend next to nothing, sell advertising time, lather rinse repeat.

And since the western viewer is essentially addicted to violence, the cop and drama type shows take the cake.

That said, it DOES help fit an agenda put forth by the government. Remind you to be afraid. Be afraid of the black men, be afraid of the mexicans, be afraid of your neighbor.

If you watched these shows, and the news, you'd swear you were in the midst of a massive crime wave.....

BUT...

Crime rates are actually down.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueSeraSera
reply to post by BBobb

But who is actually deciding to "put it out there" for general public consumption in the first place?

We have a real "chicken or the egg" conundrum here. Being that networks and corporate media entities have much more financial clout, I'd say the general public is on the receiving ( egg ) end of that equasion.

Right, I wasn't necessarily saying that this market viewpoint is the only one, but that it also needs to be considered when you look at the duality of causation. I'm a Christian, so I ultimately believe in an over-arching evil authority wilfully manipulating humanity toward dark ends. In this way, faith makes things easier because one can always return to Satan as a driving force of malevolence without overthinking all the minutia that is that evil intention made manifest. Still, one must realize that so much of the work has already been done, so American's desire to consume filth like these cop shows is the result of thousands of years of programming that is made manifest in these times. Peace...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I almost feel like this ISS system could also be a sort of conditioning in schools.. atleast in my school, the ISS instructor was overly strict, ex military. he lined you up, and marched you down the hall to the bathroom, and then monitored you in the bathroom. he carried around a cell phone jammer to make sure you couldn't communicate with anyone too.

The entire governmental system they teach you is mostly wrong as well, they dont incorporate the influence that money has on politics really.. never discuss any corruption cases besides watergate. I've learned so much more off this website than my years in school.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

You have a Kenyan President - so what you doin' about that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join