It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conditioning of the American People for whats to come.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hello all, this is my first official post and kind of my first thing that I wanted to discuss is the abnormal amount of law enforcement shows that have sprang up within the last two years or so.

Has anyone else noticed this? it used to be just "Cops".. now you've got all sorts of television shows about law enforcement. (Alaska State Troopers, DEA, Jail, Border Patrol, etc)

Now, it seems to me that they are just preparing the American citizens to be used to seeing all sorts of police activity, and all the wrong doings that they are sure to be doing. They are going to assume that it's OK because the police on tv are doing it.

Also, while kind of off topic but still talking about subliminal influencing.. I remember when I was in high school about four years ago, a new rule was introduced.. It punished kids for having a "defiant attitude" when told to do something.

It just saddens me that many people that I know and love will fall victim to whats sure to come, when # hits the fan they'll think that it's normal, and okay.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Welcome to the rabbit hole. Pleasantries aside though and just my personal opinion, I believe you are stretching here; though I could be wrong.

Shows of this type have been exploding with the "Reality" craze that has driven cable news programming now for several years. Some are edited clips turned into "drama" to attempt to bring a more realistic feel to their shows, while others are actual footage (like Cops or The First 48) that show what that job is actually like.

Should make an interesting discussion with a well known officers that floats around this thread....yeah Xcan...I am talking about you!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Its become the norm for Americans to be incarcerated in one way or another....give them a TV show to relate to about said incarceration and it'll become more socially acceptable to be a criminal, be used to Police presence, and it'll make it far less noticeable when they start arresting people for obviously retarded reasons.

Goddamn the TV and all the cocksuckers behind its programming straight to an oblivion ripe with the raping of the eye sockets

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
They're preparing you all for when you get your first Chinese President!

I'm not being nasty - I just gave you your first flag - couldn't find a Chinese one.

Sorry

edit on 20-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

I'm not being nasty - I just gave you your first flag - couldn't find a Chinese one.

Sorry

Said president would be shot down pretty quickly.

Not going to happen, even if our own government was on it's knees begging for it.

It won't happen because people like me live here.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
My wife and I have discussed this many times. I am glad that others notice this as well.

Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
To the OP.

Point taken on your excellent post. But, it also has to do with the whole concept of reality shows. As more people sit at home, not going out into real life, they are content, to get their adrenaline rushes from visuals. TV, gaming, facebook...name it.

The television/movie industry will keep producing *food* for people as long as they keep ingesting it. Shows, like Cops and those of that genre, are the most cost effective for production. Have you noticed there are more movies being produced that are documentaries? They don't have to pay the high fees of established actors. Same with the Cop style shows.

As long as people keep giving ratings for these types of programming...the more we'll get.

JMOHO....

Des

edit on 20-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

And if it did happen - he'd have to prove that he was born in the US and that would be very difficult.

Time will tell

When you start seeing the cops all dressed the same - you know it's started

Sorry
I'm just in that kind of mood today. I should go out and get some fresh air - ok I'm off for a curry - I won't mention what kind.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Roundtree

One error that I think is being made here (and I'm not trying to be rude by the way, because I'm not saying you're wrong), but is addressing causality. So you look at the emergence of these shows and feel that there is some invisible force that is purposefully putting out such things in order to "train" the American psyche. That myopic viewpoint tends to discount the notion that this "invisible force" is simply the market place responding to what is being readily digested by the public at large. I'll tell you quite simply, if you're buying, they're gonna sell it to you!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

Sorry

Least they know how to manage money and dish out discipline.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

But who is actually deciding to "put it out there" for general public consumption in the first place?

We have a real "chicken or the egg" conundrum here. Being that networks and corporate media entities have much more financial clout, I'd say the general public is on the receiving ( egg ) end of that equasion.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I know they do a big Chop with 2 sticks.

Back on topic - the Op is referring to subliminal messaging like advertisements and he's right!

Haven't you all noticed how the kiddies cartoons are teaching Chinese words - again subliminal messaging!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

You think the entire entertainment industry is in on a massive conspiracy? How does that work exactly?

They market whatever the public wants. Ratings determine what we watch. Market forces control the content.

People stop watching the content, they take it off the air. It is that simple.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

You think the entire entertainment industry is in on a massive conspiracy? How does that work exactly?

They market whatever the public wants. Ratings determine what we watch. Market forces control the content.

It's the Market FORCES you have to worry about.

Do we decide what we watch - I don't think so - that's all decided for us depending on how much they want to distract us or what is next on their (TPTBs) Agenda and how they can make you accept it as 'NORMAL'.

It's gone on for years. No different to your Newspapers - all owned by the same corperate structures under front names = they decide what you come to believe.

The Entertainment Industry doesn't wish or want to be under their control but neither do Politicians or News Paper Editors - they're bought and paid for - they have no choice. They work within certain parameters but know where the line is drawn and do as they're told or all that money goes down the drain and off to their competitors.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Do you really believe that tripe you spout about the benevolence of the US culture, economy, and government propaganda programing? It's all on the up and up, nothing nefarious to see here folks, it's all normal and business as usual, no government involvement.

Previous posters have it spot on, it's conditioning the public to passively accept the slow increase of police state presence and intrusion into our lives, period.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

And don't forget MSNBC and their show, "Lock Up Raw." And I thought MSNBC was the station for politics. Actually it's the station that teaches up what it's like in prison.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roundtree
Hello all, this is my first official post and kind of my first thing that I wanted to discuss is the abnormal amount of law enforcement shows that have sprang up within the last two years or so.

There have been police shows on tv since tv began. There have been police shows on tv since Mayberry...

And even as a kid myself there was always police shows on tv.

CHIPS:

It just saddens me that many people that I know and love will fall victim to whats sure to come, when # hits the fan they'll think that it's normal, and okay.

It has already hit the fan.
edit on 20-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know you like stars -

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Perhaps labeling it reality tv is sort of reverse psychologically influencing them to fulfill the prophecy of seeing it on "reality" tv?

I dont know, Im just a firm believer in there are alot of things implemented into our televisions and other media outlets that we dont notice. Theyre have to have been studies done on that sort of stuff since atleast...well whenever televisions came out. Im sure they know their stuff in what certain scenarios/visual imagery that humans witness on tv has an impact on what they do in their day to day routine, and they know it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join