It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troops March on White House for Ron Paul!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
After the march today, i found this coverage by RT just popped up on YT.

And another clip that seems to be taken from the live stream, where you can clearly hear the troops scream "President Paul" and "End the Fed!" to the White house!

And here is another longer clip on this, although it seems to be lower in quality.

Some background info on this march can be found here

march2whitehouse.com...

edit on 20-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Its a pretty weak statement considering the numbers just aren't there...now if it was 10,000 troops plus 50,000 veterans we'd have something to detatch some retinas. Hopefully this concept gains momentum.

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger
reply to post by NeoVain

Its a pretty weak statement considering the numbers just aren't there...now if it was 10,000 troops plus 50,000 veterans we'd have something to detatch some retinas. Hopefully this concept gains momentum.

I haven't seen any troops marching for any of the other contestants

+38 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It's sad that we have to get our news from a Russian news source because American media refuses to cover hundreds of troops marching on our capital. Not even a link up on Drudge about this.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

It's a shame we have to rely on RT media to get some truth behind Ron Paul's campaign. Thirty years ago you wouldn't listen to anything coming out of Russia. Now the shoe is on the other foot so to speak.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Here's another vid of that march...

I'm sure this will surely make a difference to TPTB in control of the elections. If our votes really made ANY difference at all, voting would be illegal.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Thank you, i also found a few additional clips on this March, which i added to the OP just now. (Didn´t steal yours though)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I watched this on the ustream while it was live, absolutely amazing, brought tears to my eyes when they did the silent prayers. When Kokesh yelled PRESENT I swear goosebumps on TOP of goosebumps.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruptedstructure

reply to post by NeoVain

I am sure it could be arranged although then it would be called staged and desperate and we would have post after post claiming they were paided to be there etc etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by Corruptedstructure

reply to post by NeoVain

I am sure it could be arranged although then it would be called staged and desperate and we would have post after post claiming they were paided to be there etc etc.

I agree, and i am sure it would be. I haven´t seen anyone claiming this to be staged and desperate though, this seems like a genuine march from truly dedicated people that believe in something. Something the other candidates clearly lack.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The only numbers I can find are from Examiner dot com. Looks like about 900 Veterans and around 1,000 family members etc..

I found another article that talked about a handful of people in Texas.

This will likely be just a byline in the news tonight. That's less people than most local political rallies. Paul will have to do better than this to garner attention when larger events are happening daily and sometimes more than daily surrounding his opponents.

This appears to be the same as Kokesh did four years ago?

Adam Kokesh, a silver spoon fed kid from New Mexico I think. I forget why his father Charles is rich?

As I recall he got politely invited to not reenlist after he got caught smuggling a weapon back illegally from Iraq. He barely escaped a dishonorable; not sure how, maybe daddy's money, who knows?

Then I guess he became anti-war after volunteering for two tours and then being denied a third he also wanted. Sounds like his activism may have grown from anger for getting caught, rather than from a true belief? Can't get in his head, but seems the evidence leans that way?

Anywho, he was one of the two who organized this small gathering that I understand involved turning their back on the President or something.

All this is so odd since anti-war folks are such avid, or should I say rabid, Obama supporters.

Seems to me this has more to do with this Kokesh fellows radio career than anything else. A gathering that small will have zero impact on a Presidential campaign I think.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Seems to me this has more to do with this Kokesh fellows radio career than anything else. A gathering that small will have zero impact on a Presidential campaign I think.

Well at least they are doing something, and helping gettng the word out.
Every little bit helps, wouldn´t you agree?
I am sure you would, had you been a Ron Paul supporter.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I designed one of the flyers that was used for the event. It was used as the event display and as adam kokesh'es FB profile pic for weeks. It's still being used by the co-coordinator;

Veterans For Ron Paul Flyer

The amount of troops were substantial and certainly enough to send a strong message.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
That's a strong statement of organization and power from a group.
This could potentially be something to work with - beyond veterans.

Compare and contrast that to how Occupy looks. This looks.....capable.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

So basically what you are saying is that because he comes from a well-off family, his message should be discounted? JFK came from a family probably ten times wealthier than Kokesh, but yet people thought his message was good. Many of the Founding Fathers were well-to-do, yet we take their message for freedom and liberty with no problem. What you are basically saying is that no one except from the purest of backgrounds can ever make any statements for peace because there is no way for someone to grow up and mature into an individual that comprehends the fallacy of our governments policies. If it were required that the person be perfect to put out a message that should bring Americans together, then we are in trouble.

You act like this isn't a big deal, but that many being able to show is a big deal. First off, I am in Navy. I have worked an average of 70 hours a week since I have been in. I have had weeks that I worked 120 hours, but generally 60-70 hours a week. I have worked most major holidays since I have been in. The pay isn't all that great and the costs of military living is higher than you might think, at least in the Navy. For many of the service members, its not financially or logistically possible to be there for that event, but I guarantee you that many of us do support Ron Paul. Hell, if they aren't stationed around DC, then it would be next to impossible to be able to go because we need to get permission to leave the 250 mile bubble, not to mention the hundreds of bases around the world that reside.

I find it funny that people do not find a message of peace and diplomacy attractive and likeable. There are very few reasons in which Americans should ever be sent off to war when its not in the best interest of the people. Many of us who enter the service wanted to serve our country, we were taken in by the pride of serving our country. Many of us now know its the biggest sham. Its scares me to think that people who will vote for Mitt, Newt, and Rick are basically saying that it is okay that America take a shoot first, ask questions later mentality. If you think its such a good idea, then next time you see a service member, go up to him. I want to you look him in the eye and shake his hand. Tell him that you appreciate him dying for another country's (supposed) freedom. Right now America is dictating to the world how they should live which goes against everything this country is supposed to stand for.

Do you teach your children that they should hit another child because they do not share the same beliefs? Do you think that your children should ostracize others for beliefs? What has Iran done that is so terrible that we will wipe them off the map? Its like all the countries are at the bar, Israel has been screwing with Iran all night and Iran had enough and said "I'll kill you asshole if you keeping screwing with me". Immediately America comes up and shoots Iran. Iran hasn't attacked Israel, hell they haven't attacked anyone for hundreds of years. In fact, we got Saddam to attack Iran once. We went in there and deposed the old dictatorship and technically are responsible for how Iran is today. You can say that they supported terrorists, but so have we. You can they gave arms to terrorists and rebel groups, but so have we.

If we are to the beacon for the world and are suppose to set the standard, why do we get pissed when countries do the same thing we do? I guess we can talk the talk, but we can't walk the walk. But hey, I guess if we have enough wars, we can take care of the unemployment problem pretty easy eh?

From what I have read and researched into Ron Paul is that he wants to defend America borders, not everyone else's. He wants to cut the fat from the business regulations not to let corporations run rampant, but to level the playing field when it comes to small businesses. He wants a society that isn't a slave to debt and he wants the country to abide by the Constitution. He actually wants the government to stop wasting money. Yeah, you're right. He must be crazy.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The only numbers I can find are from Examiner dot com. Looks like about 900 Veterans and around 1,000 family members etc..

I found another article that talked about a handful of people in Texas.

This will likely be just a byline in the news tonight. That's less people than most local political rallies. Paul will have to do better than this to garner attention when larger events are happening daily and sometimes more than daily surrounding his opponents.

This appears to be the same as Kokesh did four years ago?

Adam Kokesh, a silver spoon fed kid from New Mexico I think. I forget why his father Charles is rich?

As I recall he got politely invited to not reenlist after he got caught smuggling a weapon back illegally from Iraq. He barely escaped a dishonorable; not sure how, maybe daddy's money, who knows?

Then I guess he became anti-war after volunteering for two tours and then being denied a third he also wanted. Sounds like his activism may have grown from anger for getting caught, rather than from a true belief? Can't get in his head, but seems the evidence leans that way?

Anywho, he was one of the two who organized this small gathering that I understand involved turning their back on the President or something.

All this is so odd since anti-war folks are such avid, or should I say rabid, Obama supporters.

Did you watch it?, it was amazing. I was impacted by it for sure.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

lol.

You said so much yet all you were able to do was attempt to attack Kokesh from obscure angles. Not one peep from you about the KIA soldiers or the suicides that each second of the salute represented. Not one peep about the endless illegal wars. Not one peep that Russia Today reported this before anybody else (and the MSM are still absent even until now).

Good job! you came off sour!

And I actually started to believe you when you started going off in numerous threads on how you were neutral on Ron Paul (despite your consistent past of attacking him here on ATS).

This is BY FAR the most powerful anti-war demonstration of its kind, to date, and the most humiliating for the Obama Administration.

The only reason this will go unnoticed is because the MSM is blacking it out just like they did with 3000 people waiting in the snow to see Ron Paul in Idaho.

edit on 20-2-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

No matter how # things have been getting lately, it's always videos like this that give me hope, just knowing that there are people out there who aren't completely lost and know the path to freedom.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Has anyone here read the book starship troopers? I have not talking about the movie that was just fluff. It is a short book but everyone should read it. There are some interesting ideas on government which I would endorse and it may not be to far away from reality.

The other thing I would like to point out is that last video was reminiscent of pre World War II Germany. There is a thin line and people should just be aware of that. I am not making up parallels I am just pointing them out.

Things definitely need change but let's be careful of exactly what we ask for. No one is uncorrectable or uncorruptable.

Giving a outside perspective with food for thought.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I will not be around to respond to the hate that I am sure this will invoke. Sorry guys I will be out of the country the next couple months. I hope the political field gets better by the time I get back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join