It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[WOW] The Secret Government.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

"The National Security Act of ‘47 gave us the National Security Council. Never have we had a National Security Council so concerned about the nation's security that we're always looking for threats and looking how to orchestrate our society to oppose those threats. National Security was invented, almost, in 1947, and now it has become the prime mover of everything we do as measured against something we invented in 1947."

U.S. Navy Admiral Gene La Rocque in PBS Documentary "The Secret Government"

n the revealing PBS video documentary The Secret Government, host Bill Moyers exposes the inner workings of a secret government much more vast that most people would ever imagine. Though originally broadcast in 1987, it is even more relevant today. Interviews with respected top military, intelligence, and government insiders reveal both the history and secret objectives of powerful groups in the hidden shadows of our government.

f you take time to watch this engaging documentary, you will very likely come to the conclusion that there is a powerful shadow or secret government which manipulates global politics behind the scenes. Government bureaucracies are known for their inefficiency, yet it is their very well-organized and hierarchical military and intelligence services through which those involved with the secret government are able to implement their secret plans.

really powerful stuff and it's worth your time believe me.

where has this form of journalism gone?

amazing.

PBS on Bill Moyer

We Want To Know!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
has anyone seen this before?

anyone that would like to add their thoughts?

if not, just bookmark for later.

because i really implore you people to watch this.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I have to say , you find the best documentaries. Nice.
I started watching it and I just wanted to say that the whole Iran contra issue is so downplayed. No one even thinks of Iran's recent history or the fact that it has been the CIA´s play thing for decades.

Well I know what I´m doing for the next hour or so. Thank you again.

BTW
Immortal technique is some real isht. My only beef with him is that he talks about other rappers allot. The hip hop industry, yeah but who cares after a while. I understand that it makes sense from his point of view for his target audience, I just think he sells himself short. He also comes of like a lunatic sometimes. He could be deeper and more relevant to all of us. He forgets what NY is about.

edit on 20-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by casenately

Well i have to say you find the best documentaries

Thank you for your kindness

Immortal technique is some real isht. My only beef with him is that he talks about other rappers allot. The hip hop industry, yeah but who cares after a while. I understand that it makes sense from his point of view for his target audience, I just think he sells himself short. He also comes of like a lunatic sometimes. He could be deeper and more relevant to all of us. He forgets what NY is about.

I adore Immortal Technique and have to disagree on the part he sometimes comes off as a lunatic.
The man has seen the light imo.

Went from being a criminal the a outspoken, intelligent and on point revolutionairy imho.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Just finished watching it!

Thanks for the interesting history lesson

S & F too!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I finished watching it. I see its a PBS documentary so its no surprise its anti right wing.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

it's not anti anything.....did you watch it? it's based on fact not fiction.

Don't pull that partisan BS. This is serious. Don't be so cavalier about a grave threat to US citizens.
Do you have anything of worth to add to the video or do you disagree with something that was said?

The video only stated fact and used OFFICAL trial video. What is your issue? It is somehow partisan and so bias and invalid? I think a monkey after watching that would disagree. It is done in the spirit of patriotism by a very well respected journalist.

Most of what is said still applies today. It is the history of shadow government. The same government turning our free and noble nation into a dictatorship in every sense. How dare you be so unpatriotic. You are sounding like an enemy of the American people. Are you even American? No true American in his right mind would watch that and say what you just did.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I had a week off during the Iran/Contra hearings. I spent the entire time glued to C-SPAN watching it. I got to see Noriega on the stand when he spilled the beans about the drug deals him and North had done to fund their black operations. Of course by the 6 o'clock news there was a much different slant -Panama Dictator and Admitted Drug Dealer Manuel Noriega Tries to Implicate Marine Colonel, Eagle Scout, and God's Gift to the Free World and Protector of The American Way of Democracy and All That Is Good in the World, Ollie North With Preposterous Allegations of Narcotics Trafficking. It was all quite sickening, those hearings, and it almost won him a Senate seat later. He's still a celebrity and national hero, in some folks' eyes .

Odd how they used to tell us, "if you're buying drugs then you are supporting terrorists." I didn't realize how true that was then because they left out the part about the CIA being the terrorists we would be supporting.

Good documentary. S&F!
edit on 20-2-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Given your feelings about North you might feel good to know that I got on the front page of the Washington Post for protesting against him appearing at a local University graduation ceremony. I had a sign with a picture of North and Jerry Falwell and it read Building a better Reich -fundamentalism is mental abortion

I saw this when it first aired and it made me very mistrustful of our government. How most Americans feel about their government now is what I was feeling and seeing 25 years ago. If you were paying attntion in the 80's it pretty easy to see that there was a secret military/intelligence establishment running things behind the scenes with no accountability.
All the Reagan "Contra" crap was a cover for suppressing native people in Central America who were tired of being raped by US corporations and the dictators the CIA would install. We devastated so many countries and like now, most Americans were blithely unaware of what was going on.
Bush, North, Poindexter, Gates. Secord, Rumsfeld, Cheney -- every last one of them is a crook and responsible for thousands if not millions of deaths around the world.
All to protect "Democracy".
Thanks Diebold!

ETA: 2 big things stood out watching this - 1) Kenneth Love, ex CIA said " The resurgence of the Shia was a direct consequence of the CIA's overthrow of Mossadegh." The Shia? and by extension Al Qaeda and Hezzbollah were both a direct consequence of US covert activities.
2) Moyers pointedly asks: " What if the Enterprise were to continue to grow and become more powerful than the President or Congress?" It did and Bush Sr. was the head and continues to run this country behind the curtain to this day.

This lays out the history of the demise of the United States in detail. We became the National security state to fight the communist who, when they fell were replaced by our new enemy that we too created - Islamic terrorism.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Bump and marked. Gotta go to bed. Thanks,

edit on 21-2-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by casenately

The video only stated fact and used OFFICAL trial video. What is your issue? It is somehow partisan and so bias and invalid? I think a monkey after watching that would disagree. It is done in the spirit of patriotism by a very well respected journalist.

Well you took the words right out of my mouth.

This is some real honest reporting, hence why i asked where this kind of journalism has gone.

He probably didn't even watch the video, saw the PBS logo and instantly dismissed it.

It's much easier to live in denial.

top topics

join