It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: I Can Still Win

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Do not count him out.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Ron Paul insisted Sunday that he could still win the Republican nomination for president—especially after he made a dent in Mitt Romney’s Maine caucus victory on Saturday night. “It all depends on how you measure winning,” Paul said on CNN’s State of the Union. “The bottom line is who is going to get the most delegates … and we think we’re doing pretty good.” When questioned about how it seemed unlikely, Paul insisted “you don’t know until the very end” and he said “there’s every reason to believe the momentum will continue.” Romney narrowly maintained his Maine victory on Saturday night, when the last Maine county caucused after delaying voting a week due to inclement weather—and declared Paul the winner by 83 votes.

Keep it up. Get AWAKENED. Stay AWAKE.

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 19-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I hear mixed results original fraud winner Mitt Romney

than Romney winning recount
Than Ron Paul winning 2-1

Than heard results not releasing till March what's going on ahhh

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I attended a rally over the weekend. Can say there was immense support for him coming out of the Pac NW(ID,WA). Numbers exceeded(doubling expectations) the college venue I was at, with a line coming out of the building and others just stopping by instead of trying to squeeze into the line and ballroom. Before and after had talked to people that couldn't make it to the rally but are in very much so support. I encourage supports if you get the chance do you best to make it to the rallies and more, especially vote. Being there in person, to see and hear him live was a very exhilarative.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

I am wondering why this thread isn't getting more flags. I think the Paul supporters here are afraid that it is a perfect antiPaul troll target. I don't care though.

Star and Flag.

People seem to be counting him out when it is actually the opposite of what they should be doing. Sure he is just holding steady and hasn't won a state yet, but Romney is actually going down and Newt is nearly gone.
I ask you this. What if it came down to Paul and Rick S? Then Pauls chances would soar I think.

Right now, Santorum has won more states than Romney, Paul has a steady support and a delegate strategy, and Romney is only getting support from the "vote for whoever's name the media repeats the most" vote.
edit on 20-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I think Paul has a good chance at getting the nomination. While not having won a state yet, we are all (or should be) aware of his delegate strategy. He is keeping solid ground on the others with this strategy even if the MSM isn't spinning it that way. And with the other candidates barely making it through a week without alienating an entire voter base (Romney v the poor, Santorum v religion, Gingrich v logic) it's only a matter of time before each of them says something that will end their candidacy for them.

but that's just my personal opinion of course. Paul's support grows slowly every week while the others support fluctuates heavily depending on what they said in the news that week. Hopefully he can spread his message better in the coming weeks.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think that his presence in the race will change how the Republican Party selects its nominees, particularly if people show up and vote for someone that their district did NOT select. Since each state handles it differently (which is presenting a problem for the party already), it appears that there will be a real dogfight at the Convention. It's possible that none of the current pack will drop out and that the real brawls are going to hit on August 27th in Tampa. Romney's 50 delegate sweep in Florida has given him a huge advantage.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
sick rick santorum is only winning the religious nut job states he thinks the government should be involved in everything, he would run the country like a monarchy forcing his views down everyones throats nationally he doesn't have a chance. RONPAUL2012.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KonigKaos

What Paul won 2-1 was Washington County. However this still wasn't enough to give him the lead. He's still 100+ votes down. It's true that there is still a single precinct from Hancock County that will vote on March 3, but there's no way it will give Paul the votes he needs to win the state.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Paul should make a visit to the UK etc, raise his profile a bit. If hes seen traveling he may be considered of the "right stuff" by the masses.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think there is a lot of corruption going on in the vote tallies. I think Ron should first, raise hell over it and the unfair media coverage. Second, he should announce that if he is not the rep. candidate that he is going to run as a independent.

That should really get some attention because if he does the republicans will never get enough votes to win the 12' election. Play there dirty game. If they can't be fair, screw em.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Instead of Ron Paul Revolution, it should be Ron Paul Delusion!

I will watch and see if RP is right in the end. Honestly, I don't think he will be. Unless he softens some of his stances, there's no way he's getting my vote.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Voted for R.P He reminds me a lil of Ross Perot and he ended up be right about it all... they made fun of him like he was a quack even back then,

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Yes, technically Ron Paul could still win.

So could Newt Gingrich...so could Sara Palin if she jumped into the race right now.

The numbers are still out there...anyone "can still win".

This is just Ron Paul trying to keep the fanaticism up in his base of supporters....he needs that to make a case to be at the convention...which is and always was his only goal.

I'm starting to feel sorry for the Ron Paul supporters...their own candidate has manipulated them so much and given them this complete false hope.
edit on 20-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

+36 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I'd rather have false hope than whatever koolaid you are drinking.

Second line.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

I love Kool-Aid...green is my favorite...closely followed by orange.

But...do you have anything to say about the topic or a rebuttal to my reply?

Or are just admitting that Ron Paul is giving his supporters false hope???

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

We have to pick a Republican Nominee. Or should we just concede everything to Obama?? Is Santorum giving us a False Sense of Winning as well?? Is Romney giving us a False Sense of Winning??

I dont understand your logic. Why would a Candidate concede an election if its not even over with?? Especially when the delegates are not chosen yet. According to your logic Obama should of quit when Hillary was winning.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama

We have to pick a Republican Nominee. Or should we just concede everything to Obama?? Is Santorum giving us a False Sense of Winning as well?? Is Romney giving us a False Sense of Winning??

I dont understand your logic. Why would a Candidate concede an election if its not even over with?? Especially when the delegates are not chosen yet. According to your logic Obama should of quit when Hillary was winning.

The difference between Obama/Hillary and this race is that Obama was actually winning states and it was always a close race.

How many states has Ron Paul won???

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

There is still a vote between the two though. Your not getting or understanding what I am saying. With many States to go, and there not being a clear Winner yet between the THREE Candidates of Romney, Santorum, and RP, isnt it logical for Ron Paul, Romney, and Santorum not concede defeat?? Its your logic, I am just pointing the gaping hole that exists in it. The topic of this thread has turned into how you think Ron Paul should concede defeat and quit because he is what, second place right now?? Maybe third place depending how things work out. So, Clinton was winning the Superdelegates, the Delegate count and according to you Obama should of conceded based on that same logic. But he didn't, and looked what has transpired in 4yrs. Another 2 wars, another one coming up, probably two or three covert wars, another 16 trillion in debt, more unemployment, more of everything bad that he was supposed to CHANGE when he got there in the first place. I knew as soon as he picked Biden as a running mate the CHANGE he promised was not going to come anytime soon. So, who should I vote for?? The person who wont do any of these things and who actually knows what the hell he is doing and takes his job seriously.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

<<   2  3  4 >>

join