It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: I Can Still Win

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
reply to post by getreadyalready

Dr. Paul is not going to get the nomination. I do not want another 4 years of Obama. Mitt has shown he can and will change his views and positions, possibly with Paul on his side he may not be so bad and decide to leave the "dark side." Also with Mitt being from Massachusetts and Paul from Texas it would help the balance the ticket for the EC. You are right though, I admit a Romney/Paul ticket is borderline* delusional.

I want to see Ron Paul go third party after the GOP picks their ducks.

*probably a lot more than borderline

I believe Paul will NOT get the nomination either. And, after that, he will likely name Napolitano as a running mate on an Independent ticket, and he will likely get the best showing ever for an independent! Probably 14% or more, and Obama will be re-elected.

But, even if Paul doesn't run independent, Obama will still get a landslide victory against a Romney or a Santorum.

And, the fact that Romney has proven he will change his views is the part I hate about him. I don't want a President that goes with the flow or makes the most popular decision, I want one that makes the hard and unpopular decisions, because they know what is right and wrong and they have the morality and tenacity to stick with it even when it is unpopular.

For what it is worth, I have met Romney, and his wife and 1 of his sons, and they are extremely nice folks. Very engaging and personable, but that is not what I'm looking for in a President.
edit on 20-2-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Fair enough. Thanks for being courteous and answering my questions.

As for the 17,000 lacking votes that were promised in Nevada, are those caucus votes or general election primary votes that were promised? The difference may still show up in the general election. I know from time to time I get calls from the GOP or a candidate running for the Republican party asking whether or not I have their support. Are the promised votes tallied that way or does one have to actually contact the candiates campaign headquarters to get their promised vote tallied?

If some voters didnt follow through as promised, I wouldn't consider that a lie from Paul. There are too many variables to consider to attribute it as a lie from paul. The voters may have been swayed to another candidate at the last minute, or it could be because of laziness or lack of time for the voters. Some may not have been fully aware that their vote was needed then and not later.

To say that the votes promised from the Paul camp were an outright lie is a leap in my opinion. Besides, that definitely isn't the worst thing I've heard come from a presidential hopeful. If that is his only flaw, I'm still all in. That is a minor issue compared to the dirt uncovered on the other candidates...if true.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

No need to feel sorry for us. Feel sorry for the Republic and the world if he doesn't win the presidency.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Just an FYI here is all, something to heed, I think.

I'm really worried about something, and I expressed it in a thread which is fading fast, as the pro Paul threads stack up. I have no agenda against Paul, but if you put like, 'ron paul statements for globalism 2001' in Google, alot comes up about that.

I just dont ever want to be a blinders-wearing bot for a politician again.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

And, the fact that Romney has proven he will change his views is the part I hate about him. I don't want a President that goes with the flow or makes the most popular decision, I want one that makes the hard and unpopular decisions, because they know what is right and wrong and they have the morality and tenacity to stick with it even when it is unpopular.

Those are my sentiments exactly. Very well put.

Someone with that kind of attitude does not convey "leader" to me. As a matter of fact it tells me this man can be bought and sold at a whim. Its unstable and scary to me.

When it boils down to it, I want to see someone with strong morals and ethics. I want to know deep down that this person won't betray us, and will hold true to his word. Mitt Romney, Santorum, and Gingrich do not give me that solace. Ron Paul does.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Don't see how it will be possible when there is open fraud with the counting.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I am wondering why this thread isn't getting more flags. I think the Paul supporters here are afraid that it is a perfect antiPaul troll target. I don't care though.

Only a few post in and I am already sick of this thread. No, those "anti-paul trolls" are of course people who just disagree with you.

It matters not. I have learned that your posts are best taken lightly.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If anybody still thinks its a 4 man race instead of a 2 man race (Romney v Paul), they must be either misinformed, uninformed, or ignorant.

Ron Paul is coming out of Iowa, Minnesota, Colorado, & Maine with most of the delegates.

3000 people waited in the snow to see Ron Paul in IDAHO, 800 were turned away by firemen due to capacity/safety concerns.

^^^ That should be a national headline but there is a REASON why you didn't know about it.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
He is not an establishment Republican candidate so no I seriously doubt he will win. But I believe that was only part, the "if everything goes perfectly," part of his plan to run to begin with. The more delegates he can win the greater voice he will have at the convention, which means more of the GOP will have to listen and whoever the nominee is will have to adopt more of RP's policies just so he can have the GOP's support. So I believe his plan all along has been to simply garnish delagate support. Most all the states that have had primaries or caucuses have no binding delagates so the majority of them to a large degree are still open to support whomever, and like the voter will probably wait till the last minute to make up their minds in who to support as this nomination process has been nasty from the get go.
Going back to not being an establishment candidate, this is an excellent opportunity to get another voice to the forefront that doesn't speak on establishment terms, doesn't go with the status quo, and doesn't follow an agenda, contrary to what others may believe. And although that may not spell a Ron Paul/whoever ticket, what that does mean is that we are witnessing conflict and possibly change within the Republican party, or moreover a return to what true conservatism stood for. So I am quite happy about that and see it as positive and the more delagates he wins the greater the opportunity there is for that to happen.
And also let us not forget there is still the notion he may run 3rd party, i wrote earlier that his donation numbers are down however I just found out he raised 4.5 million in January...pretty good for someone running in fourth place. And also there is the AmericansElect.org ballot he could possibly be on, although the media will probably conclude hackers spammed his name a million times, but still nothing is written in stone.
edit on 20-2-2012 by DevilsLettuce because: I found new information that was contrary to what I had wrote earlier.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

^^^ That should be a national headline but there is a REASON why you didn't know about it.

Dana Bash must be red-hot mad!

Uh-oh!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

So who's getting your vote then? One of the other candidates, promising more war and death to innocent men, women and CHILDREN?!?! You going to help make it possible for a 7 year old girl in Iran to have her family blown to pieces in front of her and at the same time, she has her bottom jaw blown off? You can help guarantee that the US poison Iran forever with Depleted Uranium and every kid born after that will have a deformity that you can't even imagine, if you vote for Romney, Newt, Santorum or Obama for that matter. Don't vote for RP then. Just know if u vote for the other guys, youre going to be partly responsible for some children that will get there faces blown off and possibly survive.

Skrew our economy! Im voting for Ron Paul for one reason and thats to end the murers of innocent people. Our economy can crash 10 times over but Ill be damned if Im going to vote for someone promising more death to our fellow humans. Especially when almost all are innocent people just like you, just like me! Let America continue to be out of work for a couple more years because Id rather see the people who are innocent casualties of war live for a few more years. Vote RON PAUL to end the killing of innocent people. They are not our enemy!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm not American
But even I want the guy to win
Uncle Paul
All the wrong people want him to loose and all the right people want him to win
That's enough to convince me
edit on 20-2-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added line

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I believe Ron Paul will be the next president, but he will do it third party.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
it's funny how the Ron Paul haters always seem to neglect saying who they would vote for. If RP is so bad then why don't you tell us who you are voting for and why you support them??
edit on 20-2-2012 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Equ1nox

Just do a little digging, it is very obvious who they would vote for. (as well as why they don't want Ron Paul to win, because not only is he a threat, if he doesn't win the nomination a lot of Ron Paul supporters will refuse to support some GOP puppet who has little in common with conservative values)
edit on 20-2-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
im just wondering something on the msm they keep talking about a brokerd convention,what does that mean ?and if ron paul dont get the nomination or run as independant,obama gets my vote least we know what hes about.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Yes, technically Ron Paul could still win.

So could Newt Gingrich...so could Sara Palin if she jumped into the race right now.

The numbers are still out there...anyone "can still win".

This is just Ron Paul trying to keep the fanaticism up in his base of supporters....he needs that to make a case to be at the convention...which is and always was his only goal.

I'm starting to feel sorry for the Ron Paul supporters...their own candidate has manipulated them so much and given them this complete false hope.
edit on 20-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

Still jumping on a topic you claim to be sick of. At this point I'm not surprised. If hope for Ron Paul is false hope it's still better than the hope and change promised by the one you support.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blasphemusbudda
im just wondering something on the msm they keep talking about a brokerd convention,what does that mean ?and if ron paul dont get the nomination or run as independant,obama gets my vote least we know what hes about.

Wow now there is a brilliant strategy seeing as how Ron Paul and Obummer have absolutely nothing in common...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join