It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 dead in Washington avalanche

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

3 dead in Washington avalanche

www.cnn.com

Three people were killed Sunday in an avalanche near a ski resort in Washington state, a spokeswoman for the King County Sheriff's Office said.

Katie Larson said several groups of skiers were caught in the deadly rush.

"Almost all of them -- probably up to 12 at some point -- are buried in the snow. They manage to dig themselves out ... At that point then, they look and they find that three of these skiers are suffering from medical issues. They begin CPR and, unfortunately, they were not able to resuscitate the victims," she said, adding that everyone has been accounted for.

All o
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It appears another died in an Avalanche at another resort today as well. 3 men in their 30-40's died at Stevens on the backside of the mountain. This kind of freaks me out because that's where I always go and for a minute I was a little worried about some friends I know were up there today. I hadn't heard of these avalanche safety devices, but may have to start looking into it. Really feel for the families and friends right now, that would be a horrible thing to go through.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
It appears another died in an Avalanche at another resort today as well. 3 men in their 30-40's died at Stevens on the backside of the mountain. This kind of freaks me out because that's where I always go and for a minute I was a little worried about some friends I know were up there today. I hadn't heard of these avalanche safety devices, but may have to start looking into it. Really feel for the families and friends right now, that would be a horrible thing to go through.

It says they were in an area they weren't supposed to be in, yet it wasn't closed off? Can you say invitation to danger? Not good. Stick to Snoqualmie and White pass I say, but I only snowshoe.

Have you heard the trick where you put a box (empty or not) of Krispy Kremes in your back window sill and local cops are less likely to pull you over?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

top topics

join