It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran strike talk 'premature,' top U.S. general says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The United States believes talk of military strikes against Iran's nuclear program is "premature" and has advised Israel that an attack would be counterproductive, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff says.

In an interview aired Sunday on CNN's "Fareed Zakaria GPS," Gen. Martin Dempsey said U.S. officials aren't convinced Iran has decided to pursue nuclear weapons. Meanwhile, economic and diplomatic sanctions are taking a toll on the Islamic republic, he said.

"On that basis, I think it would be premature to exclusively decide that the time for a military option was upon us," Dempsey said.

I hope Im reading this right. Because the last thing america needs or wants is another war. Remember what happened with the last one.

Source

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
When will people realise - America drives Israel - not the other way around.

Don't fall for it.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Why doesnt Israel go there alone?

Afraid of getting their butts wooped or its just better to have someone else to die for their interests, so they're again willing to use the american GIs?

Coward little nation...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
He is right, if we go to war with IRAN there are just too many variables to take in place and it can and will trigger world war 3 now we as a human race are not prepared or want that but like many wars we have little say in the matter.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

Funny thing what Dempsey said.

He is not convinced Iran is seeking nuclear weapons, but economic, diplomatic Sanctions are working.

Tell me again, why are the Sanctions even in place, if Iran has committed no foul?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

Don't fall for it.

My friend, a challenge for you if you choose.

Find one, just one, all I want is one, elected official of the US at the State level, that doesn't support Israel.

When, not to de-rail, we know Israel has less than clean hands.
edit on 19-2-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Because Iran is the 4th largest supplier of oil, and they have been cutting off contracts to countries the US supports. It's not about nukes, that's just propaganda. It's about resource control.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Because Iran is the 4th largest supplier of oil, and they have been cutting off contracts to countries the US supports. It's not about nukes, that's just propaganda. It's about resource control.

Haven't the contracts broken been a recent repraisal of the Sanctions?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

In the latest round, yes.

If you look at the growth in consumption of oil for China vs the US, we peaked several years back, and have actually gone down. China has simply grown. That means contracts have switched from the west to the east. I don't have the data in front of me, but would think Iran, being the 4th largest producer, likely played a part in that.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

Don't fall for it.

Think bigger still in global politics

Every one knows irans missiles are pointed at American bases
If israel attack
America will have to, in self defence to destroy said missiles and facilities
Funny that

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It is premature we have to prepare for a war with iran before we actually go and believe you me were going its only a matter of time when

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The United States government should formally declare that they will not support Israel if they attack Iran. Only if Iran attacks Israel.

top topics

join