It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Pauls choice for Vice president revealed?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I like a lot of what Ron Paul has to say and what he stands for. I disagree with a few issues, but they would not prevent me from voting for him. I have been a long term democrat with liberal views. I voted for Obama in the last election.

I have a question for the Ron Paul supporters who are more well informed on his policies. I'm not up to speed with all of his ideas yet. But one idea I heard he was about the USA exiting from the UN. I am no fan of the UN but this sounds like a very bad idea to me.

What exactly is his ideas about the UN. If he truly wants the USA to exit the UN what is his exit strategy. Wouldn't this create problems with foreign policy and perhaps be leading us into a conflict with our current allies? I think TPTB would actually like it if the USA exited the UN because that would further weaken our power and influence on Global policies and they could take advantage of that situation to put our country further in debt regardless of any actions against the FED.

Can someone please try to clarify his ideas on this issue for me?

And what do you consider the advantage that exiting the UN would be?

TY

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
-double post

edit on 20-2-2012 by ThirdRock69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This is a game changer for a lot of people. The Judge is very good at communicating ideas.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc

Originally posted by theBigToe

Am I the only one that LMFAO when I watched this video?

Ron Pauls a hippie and a fascist appeaser.

May as well start grabbing your ankles if he was ever elected into the White House.

Good thing he wont win.

Obama 2012.

Well you better start grabbing then, but sounds like you already want to lol.

hahahaha

at least a nuclear bomb wont blow up in new york city when my guy wins
edit on 20-2-2012 by theBigToe because: (no reason given)

On the surface this sounds like someone just trying to be an ass, but I don't believe that's really the case. The brain washing is so complete this guy probably does believe this, as do many other Americans. That is really sad. It's hard not to think we're doomed.

lol You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdRock69

I don't mean this in an unkind way, but the immense problems facing our country make the answer to your question about as important as a pimple on an elephants butt.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

Are you kidding me?

Global policy and our position in the UN is not important?

Thanks for the response but I'd prefer an actual answer.

I'm not interested in ignorant opinions.

Whether you want to recognize it or not we are living in a Global economy. The state of affairs in the USA relies heavily upon the state of affairs Globally.

Please eloborate why you feel my previos question was "as important as a pimple on an elephants butt".

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

May as well start grabbing your ankles if he was ever elected into the White House.

Good thing he wont win.

Obama 2012.

hahahaha

On the surface this sounds like someone just trying to be an ass, but I don't believe that's really the case. The brain washing is so complete this guy probably does believe this, as do many other Americans. That is really sad. It's hard not to think we're doomed.

lol You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better

You're sure to convince us obama is so great with solid arguments like these.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Perhaps this is why the Judge has been provided a platform and his rhetoric has been more .... how should I say it... what people want to hear.

strategy. yep.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdRock69

Are you kidding me?

Global policy and our position in the UN is not important?

Thanks for the response but I'd prefer an actual answer.

I'm not interested in ignorant opinions.

Whether you want to recognize it or not we are living in a Global economy. The state of affairs in the USA relies heavily upon the state of affairs Globally.

Please eloborate why you feel my previos question was "as important as a pimple on an elephants butt".

In that case you probably won't like Ron Paul's position. He wants to stop all foreign aid, so I'm pretty sure (I hope) that will include the UN.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I'm not certain this is enough to answer your question but Ron does not like that the western governments use UN or NATO to declare war's. I believe he's a lot more opposed to NATO compared to UN, but dislike them both and why should'nt he?

NATO is a coalition of murderous governments who forgotten their original purpose that is to protect the NATO countries from outside threats not policing the world.

The UN is so buissy building up a worldempire that they forget/ignore the souvereignity of the individual countries and it's people. UN is buissy regulating the countries with stuff like carbon- and trade-tax instead of working for a better world with clear water, food for everyone, no genocide thrue toxins and environmental poisons.

About the foreign aid. I can understand why Ron is sceptical here, because very often the foreign aid ends up in the wrong hands aiding the dictators instead of the people. I can also understand that in "our" current situation where we are broke it does'nt make sence to send money out of the country to help poor people, when theres more than enough poor domestic people who needs the help.

Ron Paul: The President is absolutely wrong. You don’t even need the War Powers resolution, because the Constitution is enough. And he can’t go to war without permission from the Congress. So, the War Powers resolution was meant to put some restraints on the President—and technically I’m not all that excited about the War Powers resolution, believing the Constitution would be enough. But it is a real insult to the American People, it’s an insult to Congress for him to say, “I don’t even need to tell you; all I need to do is get a UN resolution and then use the force through NATO.” NATO was set up to fight and stand up against the Communists. So they’re searching for a mission. Instead of now defending Europe, they’re starting wars.

I’m supporting neutrality. I’m supporting our position of staying out this. I’m supporting the position that NATO and the United Nations has no authority to send our kids off to war.

Link to interview on text and video

edit on 20-2-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

Thank you I appreciate your response. However I don't think it actually answers my question.

I will take a look at the link you provided. Perhaps that might help me understand his ideas better.

I understand WHY he would want to. I'm more interested in HOW he would go about doing it.

Also what the possible repercussions might versus what the advantages are.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Well, he is opposed to the fact that NATO and UN regulations control national laws. I never seen him saying I'll withdraw the US from NATO and UN, but he does say he would concider the regulations (as suggestions) and ask if congress agrees with them before accepting them. As far as I remeber he also asked if NATO still got legitimacy, because it was build as a military answer against the USSR which no longer exists, but again I'm not certain on these statements.

edit on 20-2-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

In that case you probably won't like Ron Paul's position. He wants to stop all foreign aid, so I'm pretty sure (I hope) that will include the UN.

I'm not opposed to reducing or stopping most foreign aid.

At least until the our economy here in the USA improves.

However it would be a balancing act and would require a delicate touch.

We can not separate and seclude ourselves off from the rest of the World.

To think we could remove ourselves from Global policies and not have serious effects would be foolish.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I think we're on the same page.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

Thanks again for your response. That helps me understand a little bit more. For me this is an important issue that I feel I need to look into more. Before I would consider voting for him.

I would like to know if these are just ideas and vague concepts he has. Or are they more thought out policies that he wants to move forward and does he have a well thought out plan already on paper.

Sounds to me like it really hasn't been thought out completely but I'm not sure. It's a pretty big idea and change in foreign policy to just throw out there. Unless it's been well thought out and strategized ahead of time. IHMO

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Good thing he wont win.

Obama 2012.

hahahaha

Okay this is just retarded thinking. And I'm really hoping you're not retarded because I would feel bad..haha
You can try all you want to use fear to scare other people, but you are really just scaring yourself. But make sure you check your closet for terrorists tonight. (Just kidding my friend, but really the fear tactics have gotta go if our country is going to change.)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by literofcola

Good thing he wont win.

Obama 2012.

hahahaha

Okay this is just retarded thinking. And I'm really hoping you're not retarded because I would feel bad..haha
You can try all you want to use fear to scare other people, but you are really just scaring yourself. But make sure you check your closet for terrorists tonight. (Just kidding my friend, but really the fear tactics have gotta go if our country is going to change.)

Yeah yeah. Ive had it up to here with Ron Paul and his far leftist supporters. You say the same things, over and over again, like the person said above you, things arent well thought out.

You accuse people like me of being a "typical American". I think it is actually ironic considering people like you rather put your head in the dirt, run away from all of the problems, instead of facing them like you should be doing. And in the process you want to isolate our NATO allies - its absolutely ridiculous and im through arguing about it.

BTW Check your bed sheets for "zionists" you hypocrite. You people are SUCH hypocrites that its a joke. Everything you say is hypocritical lol.

Now im going to laugh you off.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
people of all ages support Ron Paul

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Ron Paul has no chance to be President, also 90% have not voted for him so neither have I.

Ron Paul is a psychopath he wants all gays to die! 2012.talkingpointsmemo.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012
Ron Paul has no chance to be President, also 90% have not voted for him so neither have I.

Ron Paul is a psychopath he wants all gays to die! 2012.talkingpointsmemo.com...

You are clearly misinformed, he does not want all gays to die. And even if he did, it wouldn't be implemented because he would leave decisions like this up to the states. In other words Paul doesn't impose his own beliefs on others. This is in contrast with Obama, Romney, and Santorum especially. Also, I think spreading lies is against the T&C somewhere.
edit on 2/20/2012 by bl4ke360 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join