It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Baby Mauled to Death by PIT BULL - Should they be Banned?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ariess

So you're banking on a bunch of youtube videos to prove they arent aggressive? Yeah,those 4 videos prove that point

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I have a better idea

We should require future dog owners to get a license to own a dog.

Seriously, owning a dog is a RESPONSIBILITY you should be required to obtain a license to own one.

link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I can back him on this one. The last pit bull I had in /my/ house, the cat I owned at the time beat up.

It's actually kinda funny to watch because the Pit has some huge muscles when it gets out of the house a lot.

Big beast cowering down to a wicked cat that's territorial is a weird thing to see.

link   
reply to post by Awolscout

of course you do,because I don't agree with you.That's the ATS last resort.MUST BE A TROLL!!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Already got em.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
[
Here’s my pit bull Luci - my best friend and one I know who would never ever turn her back on me. Or turn on me. Ever. But even Luci I’d never leave alone with a child.

peace

Not that is a picture of a happy and sweet dog. And you are smart too about not leaving them alone together. I know a woman whose sweet cat attacked her newborn baby. The baby was in a bassinet in the bathroom with the mom. (While the mom showered.) The door was shut, but didn't have a lock. So the cat pulled the door open and jumped inside the bassinet. Then proceeded to attack the baby with all 4 sets of claws and her teeth. Mom caught it before any harm was done. And mom was actually quite impressed she didn't throw the cat out a window. A happy ending for all involved including the still alive, but rehomed cat.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

You want more?......There really is plenty

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
For those that really want to truly understand the American Pit Bull Terrier instead of listening to media hype and hysterical sensationalized misinformation and where it comes from and why it is such an exceptional dog I recommend a couple books by Richard Stratton:

The Book of the American Pit Bull Terrier

The Truth about the American Pit Bull Terrier

These are the defining works on this breed and will dispel all the myths and hype around the breed. The author is a pit dog man himself and these books are very well researched and cited also.

edit on 19-2-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

of course you do,because I don't agree with you.That's the ATS last resort.MUST BE A TROLL!!

You clearly have person after person telling you first hand accounts of how you're wrong. Either you're so stuck in your ways that no matter what anyone else says you have no intention of keeping an open mind about something, which in my book merits troll. Or you're bored and looking to kill time sooo a troll.

So which is it? Can't accept that you might be wrong about something? Or were you attacked by one as a child? Who know's. Because all you've done is tell everyone how wrong they are while not really presenting any actual argument to the contrary aside from "Y U SO IGNORANT"

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

You're very meta tonight. Mayhaps talking about the actual subject will get your brain thinking about what you're talking about instead of focusing on social aspects of the conversation.

Talking about the talking doesn't make you more smart.

People with experience with Pit Bulls are telling you their experiences, and you are talking instead about aspects of the conversation.

That's kindof like talking about baseball with the opposite sex and wondering aloud about what their genitalia is doing in response.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

id have to say by the distribution of stars and general lack of flags by page 6 that you might be in the minority of this opinion any dog can be dangerous and while its sad the child was killed if the parents had just supervised the dog and the child or kept them separate until the child was a bit bigger this would not have happened and other members and my self have posted more then a few links for ya to look at if you got bored of the youtube videos playing with the duck and various cats they are not the monsters you portray them to be at least not as a breed

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Going to guess that she wanted to keep talking.

Have a good night!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Here's another link that deserves to be seen - with many incredible beautiful pictures.

FOR OVER ONE HUNDRED YEARS AMERICANS KNEW PIT BULLS FOR WHAT THEY DID BEST. BABYSITTING.

I still don't agree with an infant being left alone with ANY dog - but - there's so much truth and history in the above link you'd be in ignorance not to attend to the facts.

Astoundingly, for most of our history America’s nickname for Pit Bulls was “The Nanny Dog”. For generations if you had children and wanted to keep them safe you wanted a pit bull, the dog that was the most reliable of any breed with children or adults.
The Nanny Dog is now vilified by a media that always wants a demon dog breed to frighten people and LHASA-APSO BITES MAN just doesn’t sell papers.

There ya go - truth in a nut shell.

Pit Bull’s jaws do not lock, they do not have the most powerful bite among dogs (Rottweilers have that honor) they are not naturally human aggressive (in fact pit bull puppies prefer human company to their mother’s two weeks before all other dogs), and they feel as much pain as any other breed (accidentally step on one’s toe and you’ll see).
The most tolerant, patient, gentle breed of dogs is now embarrassingly portrayed as the most dangerous. It would be funny if the new reputation did not mean 6,000 are put to death every day, by far the highest number of any other breed euthanized.

We're killing our history, our best friends...our 'baby sitters'...

It's human ignorance that needs to be banned, not, the dogs.

Part Two

Part Three

THERE’S ONLY ONE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THESE 2 DOGS. THEIR OWNERS.

YOU’RE FACING A GERMAN SHEPHERD, A ROTTWEILER, A DOBERMAN PINSCHER, AND A PIT BULL…

peace

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Raised my 6 kids around many dogs, most of them pits.
Deaths 0
Attacks 0
I currently have 2 in my avatar and are looking for 2 more to round out our pack.
Now to say all of those years and my dogs getting their tails yanked and their ears pulled and they never went postal.
My dogs are stock!
No additions no subtractions all ears and tails intact.
My dogs are loved and they know and return the same.
To let you know how I feel about my dogs, I place them well above your kids and spouse.
Bad owners are always the problem.
I am not the Alpha dog but I am the Alpha male and the pack leader.
My dogs know this and never have questioned that.
This subject is and has been a dead horse.
Chhuahuas are never taught to fight but I'm sure there are many more chihuahua attacks than pit attacks.
In short, you can have my pits, when your cold dead hands can pry them from me.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Leave it to a pitbull owner to try and defend them.

Who better to know, lol!

But wait! I get it! Let's leave it up to people who make assumptions based on MSM hysteria to try and 'prove' a point concerning something they have no first hand knowledge of! Woohoo! Now that's American!

peace

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cryptographrix

'mayhaps' you didn't read what I wrote.I don't care what you people claim.My experiences with pitbulls has generally been bad.So are those of people I know.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Leave it to a pitbull owner to try and defend them.

Who better to know, lol!

But wait! I get it! Let's leave it up to people who make assumptions based on MSM hysteria to try and 'prove' a point concerning something they have no first hand knowledge of! Woohoo! Now that's American!

peace

Yeah,it's the msm fault! It's always a #ing conspiracy! Against dog owners and Iran! OMG!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

That's all fine and dandy but I didn't start this thread.So i could care less about the flags

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Yeah, just re-read everything you wrote, and you didn't say anything about your or friends' experiences with pit bulls.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Funny thing here that you say pits have always had a bad reaction to you.
Without knowing nothing more than that, I'd side with the dog.
Think you might find some balance or something, or maybe you are just natural prey.
Dogs are pretty keen on those things.

Tell me these 2 aren't happy, they regularly hold paws.
Weird huh?
edit on 19-2-2012 by g146541 because: paws

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join