It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our world *RANT*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hi I'm being serious when I say this.

This is our world right? RIGHT! So who is he goverment to tell us where we can and cannot go? Is this their planet? No! so why do we have to listen to them.Who are they to fence off an area and prohibit anybody from passing it? We should be able to step on any part of Earth as we please. this is our planet.And they have the nerve to give us rules and laws! I don't think so.

Am I right!

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gecrazy

This is our world right? RIGHT! So who is he goverment to tell us where we can and cannot go? Is this their planet? No! so why do we have to listen to them.Who are they to fence off an area and prohibit anybody from passing it? We should be able to step on any part of Earth as we please. this is our planet.And they have the nerve to give us rules and laws! I don't think so.

Am I right!

Not really.

Without rules, we have anarchy.

Without people to lead us, we devolve into maniacs only looking out for number one.

You didn't think that sometimes a government or official body is fencing off a place to prevent other people from trampling an area of natural beauty?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

Am I right!

Not really.

Without people to lead us, we devolve into maniacs only looking out for number one.

You didn't think that sometimes a government or official body is fencing off a place to prevent other people from trampling an area of natural beauty?

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Am I right!

Not really.

We should all be number one instead of one number one

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gecrazy

So you'll be cool with your house being used as a public toilet then?

As you say...

We should be able to step on any part of Earth as we please

edit on 18/2/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gecrazy

Your words could very easily be misunderstood. You should clarify on it. Try talking more about how you think, not how you feel.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

See that you said "our" planet, which is plural. But let us take you literally here, and not metaphorically. I assume you are not talking about razor wire around a military base, which kind of takes it to an altogether different level. There are two areas near my house. One is privately owned by a corporation. It is undeveloped land. Many years ago the dirt bikers and four-wheelers discovered they could trespass on the land with impunity. It's very hilly, so hill climbs were established. Pretty much any day of the week you can ride out there, get in line, and see if you can get your bike up the hills. As a result the property is now a maze of trails and hills are denuded of vegetation and subject to erosion. Needless to say, the "ecology" of this area has been ruined from its natural habitat. Plants and animals that once thrived here can no longer tolerate the harsh environment. Compared to what it once was, it is ruined.

The second area is a large swath of land that was owned by the State, but declared surplus. The "rules" are that the state had to sell the land at fair market value. The worry was that a developer would buy it and, as one bumper sticker declared: "Clear cut the Grand Forest, then pave it." The people in OUR community cooked up a plan to turn it into a park. These are old growth evergreens. It's kind of a rain forest in there. So basically what happened is that it was taken to a vote of the people, who approved a bond to pay for the acreage to save it from development. We pay for it out of our tax dollars and we turned it over to the park department.

No motorized vehicles are allowed. So the dirt bikers and four-wheelers are not allowed to turn this pristine area into another 'Knobby Hil" of scared and destroyed land. So here is an example of taking some land that is collectively "ours" and putting a fence around it and telling some people, the dirt bike enthusiasts, to keep out. Now the Grand Forest has a thriving ecology and wildlife including all sorts of critters including deer, coyote, lots of small guys, and, once in awhile, black bear. It's small so we're hoping no cougars are in there. The trees are huge, getting bigger, and will never be cut.

The fact is we collectively roam the planet and we collectively either over run it with rampant development, or save parts of it for posterity. I don't believe we should ban arctic drilling or prevent people from hiking public lands, but I do believe that collectively we have the right to limit activities in certain areas and to keep them off-limits to those of us who are less mindful of the environment can be prevented from trashing it.

Now, if what you are really railing against is Area 51 or some such, we can talk about it, but as of now we can only react to what you said, not what perhaps you really meant.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Are you talking about borders? Without borders people come through without background or health checks. Not a good idea. Then again, they come through anyay.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Am I right!

Not really.

We should all be number one instead of one number one

In an ideal world, yes, I'd agree.

Thing is, this isn't an ideal world.

Social experiments have been done before where there were no definitive leaders and it just broke off into factions at war with each other declaring that they are right and the rest are wrong and no civility or order (much like religion in fact).

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Governments ? Rules ? What are those ?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

See that you said "our" planet, which is plural. But let us take you literally here, and not metaphorically. I assume you are not talking about razor wire around a military base, which kind of takes it to an altogether different level. There are two areas near my house. One is privately owned by a corporation. It is undeveloped land. Many years ago the dirt bikers and four-wheelers discovered they could trespass on the land with impunity. It's very hilly, so hill climbs were established. Pretty much any day of the week you can ride out there, get in line, and see if you can get your bike up the hills. As a result the property is now a maze of trails and hills are denuded of vegetation and subject to erosion. Needless to say, the "ecology" of this area has been ruined from its natural habitat. Plants and animals that once thrived here can no longer tolerate the harsh environment. Compared to what it once was, it is ruined.

The second area is a large swath of land that was owned by the State, but declared surplus. The "rules" are that the state had to sell the land at fair market value. The worry was that a developer would buy it and, as one bumper sticker declared: "Clear cut the Grand Forest, then pave it." The people in OUR community cooked up a plan to turn it into a park. These are old growth evergreens. It's kind of a rain forest in there. So basically what happened is that it was taken to a vote of the people, who approved a bond to pay for the acreage to save it from development. We pay for it out of our tax dollars and we turned it over to the park department.

No motorized vehicles are allowed. So the dirt bikers and four-wheelers are not allowed to turn this pristine area into another 'Knobby Hil" of scared and destroyed land. So here is an example of taking some land that is collectively "ours" and putting a fence around it and telling some people, the dirt bike enthusiasts, to keep out. Now the Grand Forest has a thriving ecology and wildlife including all sorts of critters including deer, coyote, lots of small guys, and, once in awhile, black bear. It's small so we're hoping no cougars are in there. The trees are huge, getting bigger, and will never be cut.

The fact is we collectively roam the planet and we collectively either over run it with rampant development, or save parts of it for posterity. I don't believe we should ban arctic drilling or prevent people from hiking public lands, but I do believe that collectively we have the right to limit activities in certain areas and to keep them off-limits to those of us who are less mindful of the environment can be prevented from trashing it.

Now, if what you are really railing against is Area 51 or some such, we can talk about it, but as of now we can only react to what you said, not what perhaps you really meant.

YES this is our world so who are they to fence off an area and keep people from going there? did they make this world NO!

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gecrazy

That's completely simplistic. I gave you a good example. Keep your dirt bikes out of the Grand Forest because the majority of the people reached consensus to do so. It's not yours to trash.
edit on 2/19/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

top topics

join