It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US drones monitoring clashes in Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

US drones monitoring clashes in Syria

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com

"A good number" of unmanned U.S. military and intelligence drones are operating in the skies over Syria, monitoring the Syrian military's attacks against opposition forces and innocent civilians alike, U.S. defense officials tell NBC News' Jim Miklaszewski.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I wonder how this will go. If the drones show that the syria army isn't as harsh as they say then I wonder if the U.S. will admit it. I wouldn't see why they would considering the efforts to try to over throw the country. Although if it shows truth behind the news coming out of syria then who knows what will happen next.

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Pretty soon they will become armed and then they fire the first missile because the US will say, that we had to intervene, we were left with no choice and then CNN will air the drone footage on our 1080p HD screens while we eat some wings.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Isn't that a violation of Syrian air space/international law and an act of war? Resulting in Syria being
able to bring them down?

Or did the UN/NATO pass a resolution (declaration of war
) recently?
edit on 17-2-2012 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This is in violation on all fronts. You cannot send drones or any military vehicles into a sovereign state, would the U.S. allow Russia to fly drones within its air space, infact would any nation allow a foreign nation to fly drones within it's air space. IF this article is true, then Syria is one messed up place and i feel so so sorry for its citizens, being played like that, its simply makes go ape #.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

im with you there, but on the other hand once you get high enough you can snap pics with out even being in country. kind of like no one OWN space so you cant stop a satellite from passing over head they are trying to find the sweet spot in between space and the air above a nation.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps
reply to post by cerebralassassins

im with you there, but on the other hand once you get high enough you can snap pics with out even being in country. kind of like no one OWN space so you cant stop a satellite from passing over head they are trying to find the sweet spot in between space and the air above a nation.

Very true, it is sad though, so much difference between nations and all the while we belong to a single species that religion seems to have.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

What if they do see them murdering women and children, will you believe them?
It seems to be a lose, lose situation here. Our country has lost the trust of the planet. Even if
our forces are needed, hundreds of people will die, because of people with your skepticism.
I completely understand why you feel the way you do. A lot of people feel the way you do.

But rest assured, without a way to get an honest answer, if your parents were there, trapped, with all of their friends and family dead, you would want US intervention. I do not expect anything other than a anti US response from you. Unfortunately you have your mind made up on the US and it's roll in the world.

I fully expect you to deny my scenario, but I am certain you would want someone to do what ever it took to save your family. We have fought several illegal wars as of late. The world doesn't trust us.... That mistrust, is going to cause thousands of Syrian deaths, while the US sits back, without international support.

If the US hadn't fought the last 3-5 wars, you and others would feel differently. They would be begging the US to intervene. So.... I guess the thousands of needless deaths, can be blamed on the US Govt. and skeptics like yourself.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Sounds a little odd.

I wonder of the drones are providing intelligence for the rebels?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
just keep they no where near iran.

unless the united states want's to add to their fleet of stealth drones.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Sir, every single post you have made, that I have seen, has bashed America, in one way or another. Are you mentally unstable?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger
Isn't that a violation of Syrian air space/international law and an act of war? Resulting in Syria being
able to bring them down?

Or did the UN/NATO pass a resolution (declaration of war
) recently?
edit on 17-2-2012 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

It is indeed a violation air space/international law but you think the mainstream would care? or notice

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Sir, every single post you have made, that I have seen, has bashed America, in one way or another. Are you mentally unstable?

And since when has America has been the Good side lately? haven't you notice? America bombed Libya didn't follow the UN resolution of protecting civilian went full throttle on with regime change.

Now i am not saying America or Americans are evil just the polices and the government is though.

And now they want regime change in Syria and Russia.

Are you mentally unstable?

So if someone is anti war then they are mentally unstable? really milkyway12?

edit on 17-2-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

We didn't go all out on Libya, last time I looked; I believe it was NATO as a whole that took part in that and America took a back seat roll.

If you are "antiwar", then you haven't taken a look at history. Your nation doesn't survive without war.

Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.

edit on 17-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The Zionist nwo is preparing to attack their enemies. They will have the US military invade Syria and murder millions of people just like Iraq.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
Sounds a little odd.

I wonder of the drones are providing intelligence for the rebels?

Yeh the CIA funded rebels just the way they did in Libya.

I believe Syria is very close to getting bombed once all the pieces are in place.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

If you are "antiwar", then you haven't taken a look at history. Your nation doesn't survive without war.

Ah that's the typical excuse from you war mongers, sadly you don't understand what is war and how war looks like to you, you think of war has entertainment.

A nation can indeed survive without war by trading and through diplomacy.

The more wars your nation starts the more pain, and the more terrorists it will create, terrorists aren't born because they hate our way of life or freedom.

They hate and are born from our wars that we create.

Oh i forget mention Italians alright now have protested the prolong stay of the American forces in Italy on our local radio last month, Italians were protesting the American base in northern Italy.

The Aviano Air Base.

They also protested against it back in 2010,2005.

This Trend could spread and continue in Europe

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

War mongers? They attacked us first unless you have forgotten. Without modern militaries we would be speaking German right now.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

War mongers? They attacked us first unless you have forgotten. Without modern militaries we would be speaking German right now.

Ah that old same nonsense again
and the same nonsense i heard in Bosnia.

Without modern militarizes we would be speaking Russian right now

I heard this same agreement way before over and over and over again.

Whose They? if you are talking about on about 9/11 didn't America just overacted On that day? and also since most if not all of the 9/11 hijackers were from saudi arabia.

Why haven't the united states attacked Saudi Arabia then? Oh and milkyway12 don't you and didn't that GW Bush and the Bush were best friends and family friends with the bin laden family?

As for WW2 and the rise of Hitler, maybe you milkyway12 could explain why.

Why did Bush's grandfather helped Hitler rise to power in Germany? don't believe me? well you will believe this.
Source Bush Grandfather helped Hitler Rise To Power

You were saying??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join