It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vibration And Perception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This will be a very brief post, made purely for the purpose of proposing a concept to the ATS community.

I was pondering the influences the media industry has upon the populace, and I wondered...what if the vibrations of the notes and the drumbeats has some sort of influence upon the mood and the general thought pattern of the listeners?

It is not unheard of for sound to have a distinct psychological effect on humans. If color and taste can do so, then sound can as well.

I have not done much research into the possibility, but I wanted to toss the ball and see what happened.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Namaste
edit on CFridaypm464605f05America/Chicago17 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
This will be a very brief post, made purely for the purpose of proposing a concept to the ATS community.

I was pondering the influences the media industry has upon the populace, and I wondered...what if the vibrations of the notes and the drumbeats had some sort of influence upon the mood and the general thought pattern of the listeners?

It is not unheard of for sound to have a distinct psychological effect on humans. If color and taste can do so, then sound can as well.

I have not done much research into the possibility, but I wanted to toss the ball and see what happened.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Namaste

i think it's more of a distraction. Not only a distraction to stop us from seeing who they are and what they're doing, but also to stop us from noticing ourselves. if there was no entertainment in the material world people would immediately turn inwards, not so when you have so many spots of sweetness sparsely spread out

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I was pondering the influences the media industry has upon the populace, and I wondered...what if the vibrations of the notes and the drumbeats had some sort of influence upon the mood and the general thought pattern of the listeners?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Namaste

It's not a concept. It's reality. But there is another way to look at it.

Media is an expression with an intent. Intent carries a frequency or vibration which is absolutely 100% perceived whether consciously or not, by the receiver of the expression.

So whether they attempt to insert audible or inaudible vibration into an ad or not, the vibration of the intent is there. This is not conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

Thoughts? Opinions?

Namaste

i think it's more of a distraction. Not only a distraction to stop us from seeing who they are and what they're doing, but also to stop us from noticing ourselves. if there was no entertainment in the material world people would immediately turn inwards, not so when you have so many spots of sweetness sparsely spread out

That's what I am saying. Instead of focusing on who we really are, we focus on the sound and vibration patterns in music, and they quite possibly influence our behavioral patterns.

Perhaps this is the agenda of the music industry...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Thoughts? Opinions?

Namaste

Yes it's easy to ignore the Truth when so many are screaming McTruth in our ears and eyes.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Thoughts? Opinions?

Namaste

That's what I am saying. Instead of focusing on who we really are, we focus on the sound and vibration patterns in music, and they quite possibly influence our behavioral patterns.

Yes it is.. but it's not a secret. You understand the intent/meaning of a piece of media when you consume it. The harder someone works to sell you something the more obvious it becomes. Because that becomes the entire focus of the message. If 80% of a message is deception, 80% deception is perceived.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I watched a rerun on NatGeo that was about Stonehenge. On that show they explored the possibility that drumbeats and rythmic sounds were used in conjunction with the accoustics of the structure to create an altered state of mind. Also, the use of subliminally stimulating music is used in stores and restraunts that can cause the customers in some cases to buy more & spend more money. So it stands to reason that it IS entirely possible that the media would be doing something similar in an attempt to alter susceptible people's perceptions in whatever way would be advantageous to them.

I would say that it is entirely possible!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I was pondering the influences the media industry has upon the populace, and I wondered...what if the vibrations of the notes and the drumbeats has some sort of influence upon the mood and the general thought pattern of the listeners?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Namaste
edit on CFridaypm464605f05America/Chicago17 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Lets assume that you are the body, mind and spirit. Lets assume also that all people have something in their body that can be turned on so that spirit works better. Lets call this chakra and im not sure chakra is the whole thing but it seem to work for my body.

In that case these videos have opened the chakras in me so that my body feels more harmonoius.
www.youtube.com...
That harmony affects the mind sometimes and make it loving.

If I listen to Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War www.youtube.com...
then my mind gets angry and want to go out and kick the systems ass. But it might be the message of the song more than the vibrations/sound but I am not sure.

Not sure if these 2 observations on myself help you with your theory. Namaste

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Thoughts? Opinions?

Namaste

Yes it is.. but it's not a secret. You understand the intent/meaning of a piece of media when you consume it. The harder someone works to sell you something the more obvious it becomes. Because that becomes the entire focus of the message. If 80% of a message is deception, 80% deception is perceived.

I think the music industry and political writers do not really understand what they are doing. Obama pushed change into the mind of the Americans but did not deliver. The message was right and I love that he did it because in the end it will bring real change and I do not think the people in the top will be happy with the outcome. They might belive they are in control of how to steer the public but it is like System Of A Down - Toxicity say. How do you own dissorder?

The music industry is creating their own destruction by letting the seeds sing to us:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

If I listen to Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War www.youtube.com...
then my mind gets angry and want to go out and kick the systems ass. But it might be the message of the song more than the vibrations/sound but I am not sure.

Not sure if these 2 observations on myself help you with your theory. Namaste

One way to be sure is to remove the music entirely and simply play a silent slideshow of the lyrics. If the lyrics don't make you feel that way, then it's the music.

Although, I think the lyrics of any song actually give a definition to the music...the music underlines the words, and adopts their tone. And in that way...perhaps that is how it works. The music embeds the words, the message, in your mind and changes your perceptions and behaviors through it.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is an incredible piece of support for the concept of manipulative frequencies/vibrations.

Mind Control By Frequency

Credit to AboveTopSecret.com, obviously.

The essential message in the thread is that frequencies and radio waves can be used to plant certain cognitive patterns in the brain, thereby manipulating the populace through their radios or any other device that can trasmit waves and frequencies.

This is clear proof that vibration may very possibly translate into the cognitive processes we have struggled for so long to understand. This technology may have fine tuned it, but the media industry is using a rougher version to affect listeners daily.

You're welcome to do your own research and add your own thoughts, of course.

But just remember...just because it isn't conscious, doesn't mean it isn't there. The vibrational manipulations are very possible, and very potent.

top topics

join