It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and the Universe: My Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'll start by saying that I heard somewhere that humans are capable of creating universes using their minds.

Is it possible that God is really nothing more than a mere human who thought up this universe? I mean, it IS said that God created everyone in his own image...

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
But if hes just mere human....and if humans can create universes...then whos the human who created his universe?....Ahhh you gotta think about does things :d

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Who knows? You never know, there may be an infinite number of humans who are creating more universes with humans to create even more universes...anything is possible.

Not that I'm a Christian, anyway...

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Better yet...who created the first human that created the first universe....

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Alright guys.....at this moment im thinking about a universe..... Poof I just made a universe in another plane wow im so godly....Oh wait their goes another one.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Do we create the universe in our own minds?

OR, does THIS universe exist, because we ARE here to observe it.

No observers, no existence..

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Going all Zen on me there.........

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Personally, I like taking the entire evening dreaming up an exotic universe, then destroying my creation's stars one by one in cataclysmic supernovae.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It's just a theory I randomly came up with. No need to be sarcastic. �.�

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NateMcCloud
I'll start by saying that I heard somewhere that humans are capable of creating universes using their minds.

Is it possible that God is really nothing more than a mere human who thought up this universe? I mean, it IS said that God created everyone in his own image...

You mean we all are living in a human's mind and another universe exists in every one of our minds?

I wouldn't say that it is beyond imagination. I mean our brain is an incredibe thing, and it very well could be capable of things you said too.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
No need to be sarcastic at all. That is not needed here. It's a very valid question.

I half agree though. What I think is meant with "in his own image" is that we are able to do the same things God can do. So that's creating of course... But the reason we are able to do that is because we are him. We are part of him, but we have forgotten that. The reason for that is you can't know something without knowing the opposite. You can't know what's left without knowing what's life. You can't know what's hard without knowing whats soft. God cannot know what being God is, without knowing what it feels like to not be God.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Ah, but if we create the universe in our mind, can we create a mini-universe in a lab? That's something I havepondered in the past...

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

... But the reason we are able to do that is because we are him. We are part of him, but we have forgotten that. The reason for that is you can't know something without knowing the opposite. You can't know what's left without knowing what's life. You can't know what's hard without knowing whats soft. God cannot know what being God is, without knowing what it feels like to not be God.

I found this quote interesting because it sounds like the symbiotic relationship of yin and yang. I am proud to say that I am an extremely open minded Christian whose beliefs fall out of the mainstream "religions".
I believe we are all talking about the same god/creator/chi....

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Susquehanna
Ah, but if we create the universe in our mind, can we create a mini-universe in a lab? That's something I havepondered in the past...

You mean by using technology??? Maybe, but it has to happen in the mind first. That's primary.

Doctorduh,

I think so too. I think that all Gods in histyory were just aspects of the real God. Like the three blind men with the elephant. Or they were thoughtforms/egregores/godforms (which btw would still be part of God); but that's a whole other story...

[edit on 18-9-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Susquehanna

If we can create a mind in a lab and keep it alive for some time, then we can possibly create it, if it is the truth.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Interesting thread. One thinks of many eastern philosophers who beleive that the Universe was dictated inside of our minds, Vedic teachings come to mind esp. The mind encapsulates the entire universe; inside of me causation exists, time progress, and space flounders, the mind is the key and the lock to the universe.

If the universe is created inside of our minds, then everything we see is an illusion you surmise ? Why do we all collectivly expereince the same reality ? Why do well all experience the same sensory percpetions as eachother ? Or maybe we all exist in a collective consiousness, yes, maybe this is the answer....

Deep

[edit on 20-9-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
So according to your theory another human thought up this universe....what if that Human stops thinking about this universe? Will we simply cease to exist or will we still continue on living?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Then perhaps we need to consider the possibility that we are the product of a schziophrenic.. or a paranoid mind, after all, someone with a very lucid imagination does, sometimes, in some sense of the word, believe they are in their own universe.
Issues with energy violation exist, and we have to consider the fact that since we cannot directly interact (with any degree of certainty) the universe we created, then can it trly exist? It's like saying I believe there is an invisible green goblin in front of me, i cant see it, smell it, touch it, hear it, feel it...
Does it exist?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
These are the kinds of things our human minds can't fathom.
Such as: If God created everything, who created God? Our easy answer as humans is "He always was" because we have absolutely no clue.
If the big bang theory is accurate and the universe started as a minuscule pinpoint, what surrounded or contained this miniscule pinpoint?

These are questions Einstein himself asked when he delved into time travel. If you continue in one direction in space for a given amount of time, eventually, you would come back full circle to the place you started. This lends to the idea that the universe is in fact a massive sphere. But what surrounds that sphere? Or what would you find if you continued in one direction forever? Could it possibly go on forever?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
No need to be sarcastic at all. That is not needed here. It's a very valid question.

I half agree though. What I think is meant with "in his own image" is that we are able to do the same things God can do. .

your theory evolved from a mis quote bruh...Altho what you say does contain a grain of truth,imo ..

"let us make the man in OUR image " ...

imo, this is referring to Elohim(god), which is plural and not singular, taking their own DNA and adding it to an already existing creature thereby creating HUMAN BEINGS ....

As for the theory of the 'creator' of this thread. It is feasible to a point.
I will show all of you why I say this...
The particles used to create flesh bodies left unhindered would be used by the Universe or Father to expand itself, thereby creating NEW galaxies and solar systems,(note- I go to prepare a place for you.. and where I am so too will you be ., etc., supports that which I speak ..)
these same particles are a part of our brain which coupled with the intellect, produces thought ...

JOHN-
1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1:2
The same was in the beginning with God.

1:3
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

1:4
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

What is the definition of "word"?

A word is a vessel that launches THOUGHT into the World....
So a word is merely verbal thought and the two terms are interchangable.

Now let us examine the verses again....

1:1
In the beginning was THOUGHT, and the THOUGHT was with God, and the THOUGHT was God.

Now it clearly equates god to word/thought.... So let us go forward...

1:2
The same was in the beginning with THOUGHT.

1:3
All things were made by THOUGHT; and without THOUGHT was not any thing made that was made.

1:4
In THOUGHT was life; and the life was the light of men.

As it clearly depicts,, the UNIVERSE is indeed a thinking entity ....
Thought being a creator ...

More verses read this way as well ....

1:6
There was a man sent from THOUGHT, whose name was John.

1:7
The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through THOUGHT might believe ..

1:10
THOUGHT was in the world, and the world was made by THOUGHT, and the world knew him(THOUGHT) not.

According to the verse above Adam is basically a sub-conscious mind who knew thought not ....

most intriguing here is the idea that in the garden metaphor which most likely represents our flesh body we are perhaps introduced to the 'birth' of the conscious thought of our flesh creature ...

2:18
And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

There was a futile attempt made here but not until WOMAN was made do we get the first true glimpse of conscious thought, or an help meet for the sub-conscious mind .....It even proclaims that woman or eve is the MOTHER of life, which can only be created through?
THOUGHT ... CONSCIOUS THOUGHT ....

to go one further it is my belief that in john 10 when Jesus gives specific procedural directions for ascension BACK to the FATHER or Universe he seems to be implying that the sub-conscious mind(adam)must awaken to recognize and then follow the conscious mind(woman), which is host to the christ conscience..

Genesis indeed supports this notion as well ...
first we read of adam in a 'deep sleep' ,,, and then this...

2:24
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Let us examine John 10 for a moment ...

JOHN-
10:1
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a
robber ..
10:2
But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

10:3
To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

10:4
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

10:5
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

10:6
This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

10:7
Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

Ok, 10:7 equates Jesus or more specifically the 'christ conscience' to a DOOR ... Let us read verses 1-2 with this in mind ...

10:1
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door(christ conscience) into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber ..

10:2
But he that entereth in by the door(christ conscience) is the shepherd(intellect) of the sheep(man)
intellect can be deduced because we are free-will creatures governed by thought.

The verses in this chapter go on to speak of the notion that I spoke of on ascension...

(10:3
To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

10:4
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.)

And even hint that the way to NOT ascend but to 'die' is for the sub-conscious mind to awaken only to recognize itself in place of the conscious mind which embraces the Christ conscience ....
Hence the term " ANTI-CHRIST" ,, In place of Christ....

10:5
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

10:10
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

10:12
But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

10:13
The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

Sorry if this is a bit confusing, My mind sees it much clearer than it can write it ... there are many, many more verses to support my theory here but time and space do not permit me to lay it all out but it would seem that the book of John is clearly claiming the Universe to be the Father Jesus often speaks of and for claiming such a thing he was branded a lunatic and the people worshipping elohim as god took his claims as heresy and demanded he be put to death for his blasphemy ..

The gospel even seems to indicate that Jesus often had to 'hide' from these people using a twin or stand in until he was ready to ascend(in the hour of 12).
This threat of physical annihilation perhaps his most 'enpowering tool' as far as tapping into the well of 'knowledge' that enabled him to reveal these 'hidden' truths to his followers....

Make no mistake about it, Jesus was NOT the son of god and he never claimed anything of the sort... He even rebuked people who claimed such a thing, he was a mortal man who discovered the procedure to ascension, like i said most likely thru a chemical reaction in the brain caused by the threat of his physical annihilation ....
I believe this is y the book takes great measure to convey the notion he was 'wanted dead' from the beginning ...

Which incidentally was the WORD .. umm, THOUGHT ...

P/s- check this verse out in closing ...

John.1
[42] And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.

He called simon what?
A PLANET ....
In a solar system he will create via THOUGHT ...

something they believe ONLY elohim can accomplish ...
Proof?

John.10
[31] Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
[32] Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
[33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

new topics

top topics

join