It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former First Nation chief to ask Iran for help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Source

WINNIPEG — Former Roseau River chief Terry Nelson is asking Iran for help with the governance issues on his and other First Nations.

A referendum on how Roseau River chooses its leaders was postponed Thursday. Aboriginal Affairs said it needed more time to work with the community, which has been plagued by issues at the ballot box. [...]

“I am not going to spend my time trying to get the immigrant governments to hear our plight, it is time to ask other nations to investigate and support us directly,” he wrote.

“Ottawa police and RCMP are just going to have beat women, children and men to keep us from attending to the embassies.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It appears former First Nation chief in Canada, Terry Nelson, after being ousted in September will be appealing to Iran for assistance. He claims that the “immigrant” government of Canada, based in Ottawa, is violating Native Indian rights in the country. Since Ahmadinejad apparently attacked Canada for their mistreatment of natives, Nelson feels that appealing to the Iranian embassy will help his case. Nelson wants Iran to investigate directly into any presumed mistreatment of Native Indians by the Canadian government.

The guy seems rather unstable to me. He was ousted in September and is saying that he, along with whoever goes with him, will not stop even if the police beat the women and children. I do not understand why he would think the Ottawa police would lay a hand on them. Any Canadians here like to voice your opinion on this?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Source

WINNIPEG — Former Roseau River chief Terry Nelson is asking Iran for help with the governance issues on his and other First Nations.

A referendum on how Roseau River chooses its leaders was postponed Thursday. Aboriginal Affairs said it needed more time to work with the community, which has been plagued by issues at the ballot box. [...]

“I am not going to spend my time trying to get the immigrant governments to hear our plight, it is time to ask other nations to investigate and support us directly,” he wrote.

“Ottawa police and RCMP are just going to have beat women, children and men to keep us from attending to the embassies.”

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It appears former First Nation chief in Canada, Terry Nelson, after being ousted in September will be appealing to Iran for assistance. He claims that the “immigrant” government of Canada, based in Ottawa, is violating Native Indian rights in the country. Since Ahmadinejad apparently attacked Canada for their mistreatment of natives, Nelson feels that appealing to the Iranian embassy will help his case. Nelson wants Iran to investigate directly into any presumed mistreatment of Native Indians by the Canadian government.

The guy seems rather unstable to me. He was ousted in September and is saying that he, along with whoever goes with him, will not stop even if the police beat the women and children. I do not understand why he would think the Ottawa police would lay a hand on them. Any Canadians here like to voice your opinion on this?

That is awesome. hahahaha. wow.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
First nations issues up here are somewhat of a sticky situation. However, this guy just comes off as a complete idiot who does absolutely nothing to help his cause.

It is too bad that it's guys like this that make the news and keep the stereotype well in place

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Since Ahmadinejad apparently attacked Canada for their mistreatment of natives, Nelson feels that appealing to the Iranian embassy will help his case. Nelson wants Iran to investigate directly into any presumed mistreatment of Native Indians by the Canadian government.

I am not Canadian,but really............Iran's assistance??

I find it very odd.............That ANYTHING could get done with Iranian support.

The only thing that might come out of it is press...........

S&F
edit on 16-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Definitely a problem, many of the reserves are too far away from any industry, so there are no jobs for the natives.
But Iran?
I wonder what he thinks Iran can possibly do?

Also, it's not so much "mistreated", it's more like neglected. They got stuck onto reserves years ago, and they should really be integrated into bigger cities better, where there's jobs, and better schools. Or get more types of industries going closer to where the reserves are. And build some proper roads to the northern areas.

They're very family oriented, and have a deep culture. But if they want to stay on the reserves, to be close to one another, they need to be able to be more self sufficient.

edit on 17-2-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Actually he may have some good points there....just imagine....
Would Canada, persue its own prosecution by the UN for native abuse?
The plan is for there to be another supposedly neutral party with no real interests one way or the other, who have the ear of the UN and even the security council.....
Imagine having such a powerful sponsor calling the UN to investigate certain embarrasing situations and happenngs that may be termed even genocidal in the past.......
There no doubt in my mind tha natives have been deliberately demoralised, dehumanised, held back educationally and other ways through many level of discrimination in the realm of canada...i am ashamed to tell you......
Yep a big voice at the UN, one that purports to speak for other downtrodden peoples aqnd is looked up to in the third world....to which tha natives largely belong even yet.....

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The comments on there make me laugh

Those people there need a reality check.
edit on 17-2-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join