It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Threatens To Shut Down Internet Next Month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is taken from Toms Hardware.

QUOTE"Anonymous plans to shut down the internet on March 31 to protest SOPA, Wall Street and more.

Zoom

Oh my. Anonymous may be going too far this time.

The hactivist group is now threatening to shut down the internet to protest "SOPA, Wallstreet, our irresponsible leaders and the beloved bankers who are starving the world for their own selfish needs out of sheer sadistic fun." If the threat is indeed real, the world's entire population will suffer Internet withdrawal on March 31 as a result of the group's crusade."

www.tomsguide.com...

What do you guys think about this ? My thoughts are this is exactly what TPTB would do if they wanted to shut off the internet. Blame anonymous so the world goes ballistic at the Anonymous group.

It sort of kills two birds with one stone, most of us on here think that the US and Israel will strike Iran at around that timeline. So a news blackout and public fury deflected and aimed at anonymous.
edit on 16/2/2012 by JustXeno because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/2/2012 by JustXeno because: Edited to add link and clarify which piece came from toms.

Posting Work Written by Others
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.
edit on February 16th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
1) What is taken from toms hardware? I see no quote making it difficult to discern your own sentiment from that of the cited.

2) Sif!

3) You edited your post

edit on 16-2-2012 by usernamehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
OK I edited to put link in to main article, and maybe I should be more computer literate I will edit again putting quotes around the main block of text to make it clearer what came from the site.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I've heard SO many times that the internet was designed so that it could not be taken down, even in war.

If anon DO take it down would that not suggest they have their finger on the kill switch? and if so makes me wonder who they REALY ARE!!!

I'm still not convinced that anon are on our side.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
They couldn't even take down facebook lmao.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Can a mod close this please ? I did a search before posting with the exact headline and didn't get a result, I can see now there is another thread preceding this one by 7 hours about the same topic just not the same headline. ty

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
They couldn't even take down facebook lmao.

beat me to it. they are all bark and no bite.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Im concerned "Anon' are giving TPTB the excuse to crack down on the internet and freedom of speech/thought even more.I do appreciate their sentiment and agree totally with their concerns but this "confrontation" is going to play into "their" hands which could possibly turn people away from this movement and make "Anon" the latest "boogey men".

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JustXeno

Active thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Seems extremely counter productive for Anonymous to shut down the internet (assuming they even could). After all, without the internet Anonymous couldn't exist as they are now

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

All I can say is that unfortunately, Anon is doing the world good by trying to hold those responsible for the turmoil that they have let run amuk for century's. The unfort thing for them is that they will have back-lash from the populus that are sheeple and dont understand there meaning behind it. I would have done the same 10 yrs ago as I have the know-how to do some things, but with kids, My B*lls shrunk.. In retrospect, getting back to my point, I think that if they do shut the net down, ...OMG... We would have to actually be human again and interact with one another like we used to do from the 60's backwards....

Just my 2 cents.. Thx for reading :-)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cronic420
I think that if they do shut the net down, ...OMG... We would have to actually be human again and interact with one another like we used to do from the 60's backwards....

That wont happen until the TV broadcasters stop programming the sheeple

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Sounds suspicious to me. Why hurt the public and obstruct the flow of information. Sounds like another stunt from the TPTB i.e. problem, reaction - solution.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

Ok I'm done wait.. No.. Must ROFLMFAO Ok now done.

Seriously take down the internet? I'll believe that when I see it. There is a gigantic difference between DoS attacks on websites and hacking a mainframe here and there and taking out the *stiffles giggles* internet. I mean seriously no chance in h#ll they can pull that off. If they pull that off then I will delete my ATS account after recanting all negative sentiments towards anonymous. I have to agree with other sentiments on this thread. I don't trust them and never will. They are basically doing exactly what they supposedly fight against. Censorship is censorship whether carried out by the government or private citizens.You take out a server like Wikipedia/Youtube/Facebook etc you are hindering my right to use that site. No different then the government blocking a site. Anonymous is just a bunch of punks under the guise of doing something great.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Ok this will be my last post in this thread as I've already asked for it to be closed as there is already an active thread about it.

MY point i I do not think it is a threat by anonymous, I do think its more likely to be the people who have got an internet kill switch.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Lies this is Cointelpro Disinformation...

Anonymous would never do that. Anyone who actually understands the internet should know this isn't possible...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexx790

Dont believe lies then. Anon wouldnt do this

top topics

join