It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help . I'm waking at the same time every night

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I am usually a sound sleeper , but for the last 5 nights I have awakened at exactly 03:13 and once awake I'm finding it so difficult to get back to sleep .

Has anybody else experienced this or something similar ?

Is it unusual to wake at exactly the same time every night without reason ? I don't think it is an outside noise awaking me because I live in a very qiuet area .

Any thoughts ?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
You been taking anything lately before going to sleep or changing your nightly routine? Even a small change can interrupt and disturb your sleep pattern.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Have you changed your daily routine at all, or your diet?

Ive experienced a lot of sleep related problems over the years, worrying about it when you go to bed, i found, seems to make having a problem all the more likly.

link   
Groundhog day? How do you know its 03:13 when you wake up .Is your alarm clock or phone right next to you ?
Never ever leave your phone on next to you while you sleep
www.youtube.com...

link   
I happened to me all last year. Found out neighbour's central heating was firing up at same time. The shutters on a shop half a mile up the road get lifted at approx 05.30am and that wakes up the woman across the road.

You might even be getting wakened by a bird.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

I think it could have been something that triggered your brain. Perhaps something you've heard of before this happened.

Or that when you woke up at this time the first time, you started to think about it, and your brain got stuck at this time. Perhaps your "internal alarm clock" got activated. I had this when I was younger, I always woke up around the same time.

I think it's kinda similar to what I trained my mind to do when I was 10 years old or something. When I had a nightmare, I trained my mind so I could say in my dreams " (my name) wake up! (my name) wake up!"
And I did wake up every time.
(Just to set it in a perspective)

That's my theory

|.|SLO7H|.|

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
i consider my brain as my personal alarm....i always wake up in time without any alarm in my room...maybe your obsession is waking you up at that very moment..chill out a little about it...as far as we know..hell is a lie...demons are a lie...after life is a lie...so there is no paranormal going on..i think its your brain waking you up

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies .
My alarm clock is next to the bed so I know it has been exactly 03:13 .
This has only happened for the last 5 days . Maybe somebody in my street has changed their routine and could be arriving or leaving home at that time .

I just thought it strange .

I will update if it happens tonight

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Waking up around 03:00 is a sign that something is rousing you from REM sleep. REM sleep occurs in normal people (not like us crazy folks who work night shift) at roughly 24:00, 03:00, 05:00-07:00. If you begin to regularly wake up at those times, then you are suffering from a possible sleep disorder, most likely sleep apnea, and need to have a referral to a certified sleep physician for a polysomnography.

The main reason why people wake during REM sleep is because their brains generate a chemical that causes REM Atonia:

atonicity: lack of normal muscular tension or tonus.

The brain causes this to prevent people from acting out their dreams upon entering REM sleep, and the paradoxical brain activity that corresponds with it. This, in turn, causes the structures of the throat to collapse into the airway, and the person to choke on their own tissue. Snoring is good sign that you are prone to this happening, but its not the only sign.

Anything that causes your muscle tone to be even lower then normal will compound the problem (ie. Alcohol, muscle relaxants, being overly tired, working out before bed, etc). If not dealt with, this will only get worse, and cause other medical problems.

Again, your best bet is to see a knowledgeable sleep physician (most are pulmonologists), and have a sleep study done.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Yes, like SLO7H said, something has triggered this number in your brain or someone close by you has changed their routine causing some noise at 03.13 am.
Brings to mind a senior soldier I knew when I was conscripted into the army many years ago. He would return to barracks after a week-end leave, absolutely paralytic with booze, change into his pyjama's, fiddle around with the drawer in his bedside cabinet for a few seconds and then get into bed and fall soundly asleep. The following morning he would wake and get out of bed at exactly 6.00am. I asked him many times how he did it but he wouldn't tell me until the day I got discharged (why I don't know) when he showed me. He had a ruler in his top drawer and he would take it out and open his draw to exactly 6 inches (with a little tapping and pulling here and there). I tried it my self and it works. So, imo, something has triggered 03.13 in your brain.
Sweet dreams mate and hope you find a solution.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Could mean a number of things but if you want to step outside the box and look at it as a wake-up call the repeating numbers 313 are supposed to mean

3's and 1's, such as 311 or 313 - The ascended masters are working with you on your thought processes. In many ways, they are acting as mentors, teaching you the ancient wisdom involved in manifestation. They are sending you energy to keep you from feeling discouraged, and encouragement to stay focused on the true goals of your soul. Additionally, the ascended masters may be offering you advice, guidance, and suggestions on your life purpose. Always, however, they teach that every creation begins at the level of thought and idea. Ask them to help you choose wisely that which you want.

The above excerpt was from Doreen Virtue's angel numbers site.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince
Maybe somebody in my street has changed their routine and could be arriving or leaving home at that time .

Set your alarm tonight for 3:10am.
And then you'll be able to hear what happens (if anything) at 3:13am.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

for me its 4:00 am! i'm used to getting up early,but not this early!
dont mean to freak you out but 3:00 am is alledgedly the hour of satan!

some faiths claim the christ was killed at 3:00 pm,so to mock this the devil walks the earth at 3:00 am!
sweet dreams!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Are you Telepathic?

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
dont mean to freak you out but 3:00 am is alledgedly the hour of satan!

some faiths claim the christ was killed at 3:00 pm,so to mock this the devil walks the earth at 3:00 am!
sweet dreams!!!
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The reason there is occult meaning given to midnight and 3am is because it’s historically when a lot of people die in their sleep. Of course they had no understanding of things like REM sleep, the circadian rhythm, REM antonia, sleep apnea, blood pressure, heart rate/arrhythmia, or the sympathetic/parasympathetic nervous system in the past. That led people to manufacture supernatural causes for things that had scientific reason, but were just not understood yet.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

my explanation sounds more cool!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Iccubi/succubi & alien abduction both sound cooler then sleep paralysis, but it still does not make it true.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

incubi/succubi were invention of the catholic church to explain why all the nuns where geting knocked up!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It's been 3:40am for me for the past week. I think most days it's my cat, as he comes and taps me in the face. Although two of the days I woke up and he wasn't even in the room. My body may have been prepared for it though.

He's woken me up in the middle of the night sporadically in the past due to his food bowl being empty, but it's been full all week. Maybe he's trying to tell me something. Maybe it's maybelline. (sorry, sleep deprivation makes me make bad jokes.)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by defcon5

incubi/succubi were invention of the catholic church to explain why all the nuns where geting knocked up!

First line from Wikipeda under origins:

OriginsVictims may have been experiencing waking dreams or sleep paralysis.

Here is why:

demon in male form who, according to a number of mythological and legendary traditions, lies upon sleepers

Such sleep paralysis was widely considered to be the work of demons and more specifically incubi, which were thought to sit on the chests of sleepers. In Old English the name for these beings was mare or mære (from a proto-Germanic *marōn, cf. Old Norse mara), hence comes the mare part in nightmare. The word might be etymologically cognate to Hellenic Marōn (in the Odyssey) and Sanskrit Māra.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join