It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400 Chernobyls: Solar Flares, EMP, and Nuclear Armageddon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yea, all of that happened back in 1859...did they even have ground wires back then

I can't help but think technology today would be a bit better able to mitigate the potential damage than 150+ year old tech, but I could be incorrect.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Thisbseth

If every single plant in the US starts melting down, I don't think underground bunkers are going to save anyone unless they have some full blown ecosystem underground, cause they won't be living on the surface for a few thousand years after such an event.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Interesting. I hadn't heard or thought of this before. But why is this in the Japan forum? This should be in Survival or Fragile Earth. Theres enough damn doomomngering in this forums and only certain people who 'get off on' Japans crisis are going to pay attention to this forum by now because of it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I have to agree with you on the mis-posting of this thread. I only found it after reading through all of the solar storm threads on ATS that I could find, then started to follow the suggested ATS links to related discussions ... this thread was one of those "other" discussions.

I think the mis-posting of this thread happened because Stein's article starts out talking about Fukushima and the risks to many global nuclear reactor sites, etc. But this thread, at its core, is really about solar storms, EMPs, and the problems presented by those types of threat. I'm not on ATS all that frequently ... if you know an ATS Mod that you could discuss the possible re-posting of this thread with, I'd be all for that. It's definitely a "Fragile Earth" topic, not just a "Japan crisis" topic. Even worse, it happens to be the best thread on that topic that I have seen so far on ATS, yet unread by most ATSers that want to know what's up with the solar storm threat, because you have to really work to find it.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This is one of the most important topic to cover, I just think this is an serious issue and we should really prepare for it. Some nations cannot live without electricity for many days and major satellite damage also is a huge catastrophe. Such things could cause serious wide spread hunger. Here is an video for this: www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-6-2012 by kaismith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Yes, I've known this and posted this in the past, that if even a small cosmic event occurs, only the cock roaches will survive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join