It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seismic Activity in Alaska Relating to Fukushima

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There is a lot of activity in the Alaska region today. Most notibly a 5.2, right at the tip of the Aleutians, in the past hour.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Look at the cluster of quakes in the last day.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Now, within the last couple days we've learned that Fukushima Daiichi could be Ground Zero for the next big one. Since the March 2011 quakes and aftershocks, thoughts are it re-activated the Iwaki fault zone.

blogs.wsj.com...

Iwaki has such a fault zone, which had been largely dormant until stresses from the March 11 earthquake jerked it back to life, the report said. According to the report, Japan’s seismic network recorded over 24,000 tremors around Iwaki, in the seven and a half months following March 11. That number is far higher than the 1,300 quakes detected in the same area in the nine years before then.

I had a dream last night that a 9.2 hit Nothern Atlantic zone. It was quite vivid and resulted in a super-tsunami towards the East coast. I awoke and thought, no way there could ever be a quake with that magnitude in that region. But maybe I got the region wrong in my dream and it was the Northern Pacific. And it was only a dream, I really think nothing of it. I am no prophet.

These quakes are occurring in a counter-clockwise rotation around the Pacific. Japan could be next. Again. That's all I'm saying.

Anywho, I just thought I would share my thoughts on this topic and the freaky dream I had.
edit on 15-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
While I'm far from an earthquake expert, I do check out the USGS regularly and within the past week and a half i have noticed 5.0+ quakes up and down the west coast of both North and South America. Not sure if that's out of the ordinary but it struck me as a casual observer as strikingly odd.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
it has been 5+ around the ring of fire the past 2 day.

the earth she is not happy.

I would say NZ is next on the hit list.
edit on 15-2-2012 by omegacorps because: add info

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I don't think Japan has anything to do with this. I live in AK and we have eathquakes on an almost continuous basis. It has the most siesmic activity of any area in the world. In fact 7.0+ quakes occur regularly. Fortunately in the remote, less populated regions.

new topics

top topics

join