It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Douglas Murray - Israel & Nuclear Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

This YouTube video of the British writer Douglas Murray at the Cambridge Union last March, is a magnificent put-down of all those who dismiss the mortal threat posed by Iran’s nuclear programme. Given the lethal and amoral idiocy of those who are currently indifferent to the genocidal threat posed by Iran to the State of Israel in particular, this is a must-see.

What really threatens to bring the west to its knees is its own cultural hubris. Refracting everything in the world through the prism of its unshakeable faith in universal reason, it is incapable of recognising or understanding religious fanaticism – and insists instead upon treating the fanatic as a rational actor. Ironically, it is this belief in reason which has led the west to behave so irrationally in refusing to acknowledge the evidence of the mortal threat to itself posed by Iran — and that there is no alternative to force if it is to be stopped. And now, alas, we’re about to discover the consequences.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Sintabon3 because: editing

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That's sums it up for me...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

I didnt expect from an Anti-Israel shil to actualy look at the video - Jews have a way to protect themselves today - Learn to live with it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sintabon3
reply to post by Hellas

I didnt expect from an Anti-Israel shil to actualy look at the video - Jews have a way to protect themselves today - Learn to live with it.

So does Iran. So you might have to live with that, too

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

A demagog, no more...Israel and Iran were very good freinds in the 70s...Its Iran who turned to threaten Israel after the Islamice revolution, as a first step to start a world Khalifate, not the other way around.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Sintabon3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Hellas

A demagog, no more...Israel and Iran were very good freinds in the 70s...Its Iran who turned to threaten Israel after the Islamice revolution, as a first step to start a world Khalifate, not the other way around.

So Israel is the victim.. That's a new one

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Well....considering a tinny country wich has no more of a population of 7,000,000 and small er then new jersy, surrounded by a billion musilms, with 52 countryes, wich the majority of them call openly to anihalate them whyle at the same time Holding the world by its balls due to the fact they have the majority of Oil stocks and at the same time blaming every sneez on the "zionists"...yeah...

Any way, i know your such, you didnt even look at the video, you saw the headline and so pavalovicaly posted what you probably post on other forums as a defualt. The topic is about the video and what is sayd on it, If you care to comment on that, feel free. If you want to Start again the usual Israel bashing conversation forget it, i am not playing that game with you.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Hellas

Well....considering a tinny country wich has no more of a population of 7,000,000 surrounded by a billion musilms, with 52 countryes, wich the majority of them call openly to anihalate them...yeah...

Don't be afraid of the muslims. But maybe you can state a country that Israel hasn't threaten to attack.

And by the way there's no game here to play

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Douglas Murray wrote a book entitled. Neoconservatism: Why We Need It

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329337991&sr=8-1

That is all.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Douglas Murray

-begins his speech with an ad hominem attack against his three opponents and correlates their views to the downfall of England as a whole.

-provides no contrary evidence or evidence of any kind, not even a quote.

-called iran a regional stabilizer but hypocritically ignoring the manufactured CIA arab spring

-says iran wipes out best chance of democracy, ignoring the fact that iran does not want a democracy and they have a right to pick their fom of government.

-continuosly brings up this two choice game: war with iran, or iran with a nuke. He wants war, thinks it is moral, so my question is, will this war monger put his life where his mouth is and fight himself?

-doesnt want iran 'regime' to be stong, so he is an iranaphobe.

-iran is violating every right of british students. No evidence of this remarkable claim, just authoritarian assurances that iran is violating ALL rights.

-he is glad this 'house', i.e. the debate has no say, is also glad that britain has no say if iran is attacked or not. In oher words it is a foregone cnclusion, the debate is just lip service.

-invokes the victim card fear mongering as only evidence of irans hostility, ignoing the murder of iranian scientists.

edit on 15-2-2012 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
MURRAY says, "if someone says they want to annihilate you, believe it."

So if they never really said it, it means they are peacful? m.examiner.com...

meanwhile, here is someone else talking about annihilation:

"We must expel Arabs and take their places." 
-- David Ben Gurion, 1937, Ben Gurion and the Palestine Arabs, Oxford University Press, 1985.

So according to murray, since israel has stated they want to annihilate arabs, i guess we should believe it.

"(The Palestinians) would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed against the boulders and walls."
-- Isreali Prime Minister (at the time) Yitzhak Shamir in a speech to Jewish settlers New York Times April 1, 1988 

www.jewwatch.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
MURRAY says, "if someone says they want to annihilate you, believe it."

So if they never really said it, it means they are peacful? m.examiner.com...

meanwhile, here is someone else talking about annihilation:

"We must expel Arabs and take their places." 
-- David Ben Gurion, 1937, Ben Gurion and the Palestine Arabs, Oxford University Press, 1985.

So according to murray, since israel has stated they want to annihilate arabs, i guess we should believe it.

"(The Palestinians) would be crushed like grasshoppers ... heads smashed against the boulders and walls."
-- Isreali Prime Minister (at the time) Yitzhak Shamir in a speech to Jewish settlers New York Times April 1, 1988 

www.jewwatch.com...

After reading Karsh’s book, Morris, who had originally contended that Ben-Gurion unequivocally supported forced expulsions, reconsidered his view and admitted that he should have examined the original letter rather than rely on a secondary source. In an otherwise critical review of Karsh’s book appearing in the Journal of Palestine Studies (Volume XXVII, Number 2, Winter, 1998), Morris wrote:

Had I gone to the original, I would have noticed that the quotation is problematic, as three lines had been crossed out (by Ben-Gurion or someone else, subsequently), vitally changing the meaning of the passage. The text (with the lines crossed out) reads: "We must expel Arabs and take their place..."(which is how Teveth quoted the passage). But if the crossed-out lines are deciphered and reintroduced, then Ben-Gurion’s stance becomes equivocal, rendering the passage: "And then we will have to use force... without hesitation though only when we have no choice. We do not wish and do not need to expel Arabs and take their place..."

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Douglas Murray

-begins his speech with an ad hominem attack against his three opponents and correlates their views to the downfall of England as a whole.

-provides no contrary evidence or evidence of any kind, not even a quote.

-called iran a regional stabilizer but hypocritically ignoring the manufactured CIA arab spring

-says iran wipes out best chance of democracy, ignoring the fact that iran does not want a democracy and they have a right to pick their fom of government.

-continuosly brings up this two choice game: war with iran, or iran with a nuke. He wants war, thinks it is moral, so my question is, will this war monger put his life where his mouth is and fight himself?

-doesnt want iran 'regime' to be stong, so he is an iranaphobe.

-iran is violating every right of british students. No evidence of this remarkable claim, just authoritarian assurances that iran is violating ALL rights.

-he is glad this 'house', i.e. the debate has no say, is also glad that britain has no say if iran is attacked or not. In oher words it is a foregone cnclusion, the debate is just lip service.

-invokes the victim card fear mongering as only evidence of irans hostility, ignoing the murder of iranian scientists.

Well, Talking with Christian Lebanese people, they Indead wated a democracy, But accourding to you, that dosnt matter, because Iran wants a Theocratic Islamic Khalifate...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
FINALLY, this remarkable gem:

" when israel strikes, the entire world will condemn israel openly, but in secret they will say 'thank god for israel'

The saudis, the egyptians, the libyans will all say 'thank god for israel' "

wow

So he wants people to be delusional enough to believe that when people condemn israel they secretly are proud of israel. Im not even sure he believes his own nonsense because he cant get through his speech without laughing a bit, but he is one hundred percent war monger for wanting war with iran for something they might do in the future. His guilt trip, moralizing, and bizare condemnation/praise logic will not work.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sintabon3

Oh so someone must have misquoted the prime minister of israel, but they couldnt possibly have misquoted the prime minister of iran. There are plenty more quotes where that comes from, plus its the israelis ACTIONS that speak the loudest, i.e. illegal settlements and killing a protester with a bulldozer

You provided no link to your quote correction, as well the revised quote doesnt make sense since it is also cut off, something about use of force, but only if necessary, and then saying they dont want to expel arabs from their land, but guess what, they did!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sintabon3

What does it matter if christian labanese people want a democracy in iran? I'm a christian american and i want a republic, not democracy, will israel invade america because i want it that way?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Welcome to reality, the reality is that the war between Shia and Suna and the hate betwen them, is bigger then hate to Israel...and yes, today the sunni world is willing to have secret military ties to Israel in its fight against Shia Iran, as they see as the biggest threat to them.

It's a common mistake to assume that only the private views of leaders or only public discourse matters. Both levels matter, the private Realpolitik of Arab leaders and the real passions of the Arab public. The depth of the gap between the private views of Arab leaders and the predominant views of the Arab public explains much of the vitriol of the current "Arab cold war". Many Arabs are worried about Iran, no doubt about it, and many in the official camp are deeply hostile to Hamas, Hezbollah, and most other forms of populist opposition. But most also continue to be genuinely outraged by Israeli policies and reject any public relationship.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Well, if you would of listned to what was sayd in the video, Murry says, Iran destryed any chance for democracy in Lebanon...he wasnt talking about Democracy in Iran.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Well, if you would of listned to what was sayd in the video, Murry says, Iran destryed any chance for democracy in Lebanon...he wasnt talking about Democracy in Iran.

i listened to his condescending moralizing, his ignorance of the arab spring destabilization program, and his hyperbole that iran is violating ALL rights of everyone. Your point?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

My point is that he was refering to Lebanon whyle speaking about democracy, and not Iran as you claimed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join