It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All crime should be punished by death.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Let me state my case: Crime is blight upon our planet and a gross embarrassment to the innocent and blameless. All crime should be met with capital punishment.

The human misery and financial cost of crime is enormous and never in question.

Criminals always know when they are doing something illegal. We all know right from wrong.

Rich liberals will say ‘what about the wrongly convicted?’ and some will say ‘all crimes? Even shoplifting?’

Yes.

A few legal mistakes would be the acceptable cost for a virtually crime free planet.

We are now evolved enough as a species that something must be done about crime. Just knowing that even the smallest of crimes could result in the ultimate cost, would bring down crime in dramatic terms.

The benefits would be fantastic.

No more ‘no go’ areas.
Less murder.
More conscientious behaviour to fellow man.
No more organized crime.
Greater respect for law and justice.
Happier citizens.

All intelligent and law-abiding citizens will agree with me.

edit on 15-2-2012 by mandroids because: (no reason given)

+56 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well this has got to be a troll thread....

Still i ask the question, what constitutes a 'law' and whom will be making them?
At the risk of feeding this troll, i'm sure you'd be all for this untill you inadverdenatly commit a minor crime.

For 'jay' walking across an empty street in the middle of the night when there is no traffic and all is in silence you will recieve the death penalty....
edit on 15-2-2012 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
calm down bro.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Ok Draco, is this sarcasm, or are you serious? I really can't tell. If you are serious, what happens when innocent people are put to death for crimes they didn't commit? Our legal system is far from perfect.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Ok... so, who gets to determine what is, and isn't, a crime?
We are already mostly viewed by our governments and their police enforcers as guilty of anything they deem us guilty of, with the onus of proving otherwise put squarely on us.

You don't list where you are from, but in the US, for instance, crime and it's prison punishment is BIG business. Organized crime can often be traced back to taxpayer funded and government run agencies, and senior members of the government often suspend the rule of law, to get themselves or rich backers / friends out of potentially serious criminal shenanigans.

So, should we go ahead and execute someone for smoking a bit of weed in their own home, while allowing those who would sign the execution orders commit massive financial crimes against the people?

I don't think you have thought this through.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Be a nice little citizen and bend over and take it up the ass!some laws are bad laws and i don't follow bad law.people like you are loved by governments nice and easy to control.death for some of these "you hurt my feelings"laws,totally stupid.
edit on 15/2/2012 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It may sound good to some in theory, but what if you put someone to death and then new evidence comes to light proving their innocence?

Can't take it back now can we? Lord knows the justice system has been wrong before.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

holy brownshirts batman!!!
growing a simple plant like cannabis punishable by death?!!! what about j-walking?what about the stupid laws that are on the books,like holding hands in publick,or spitting,or god forbid! homosexual behaviour!
your a bit confused friend!

best not be speeding or your next on the chopping block!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
So, let's see here.

A young child, say 12 years old, who has been severely abused at home and runs away from home should be put to death.

A person who finds a penny on the sidewalk and does not report it on their income tax, should be put to death.

A person who enters an intersection at the same time the light turns yellow, should be put to death.

A 6 year old child who plays "doctor" should be put to death.

A 5 year old who draws a crayon picture of a pistol, should be put to death.

A person who makes an avatar from what they THOUGHT was free public domain picture, should be put to death.

Shall we go on?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Your logic is flawed.

1. Harsh penalties are not a deterrent.
2. Your idea means that people who do relatively innocuous things like jaywalking or speeding will be put to death. Otherwise productive citizens will be put to death over silly things.
3. The financial and societal costs of all the widows and orphans we would have far exceed the financial and societal costs of everything but the most horrid of crimes.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
Less murder.

What? Seriously? You think you countering VIOLENT crime with VIOLENT punishment is a good way to get rid of violence? Haven't you ever been told violence breeds violence? Who is the person that decides who is killed? Who is the person that is the LEGAL MURDERER?

I cannot even comprehend this primitive, barbaric logic. This has to be troll or a robot on the other end.

And crime is not our problem, the system is. The system has intentionally been rigged to create crime, create crime orientated people, designed to create violence, murder, hate and in tolerance.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Sry OP I disagree its not as simple as that.

I think a more effective thing is to introduce "parenting skills"

after all there wouldnt be murders, rapists and criminals if people where brought up better / better conditions and given chance in society. i know no true mother on this earth wants their child to turn into a criminal disregarding other humans ... but somehow they do.

i hate it when people say its easy to blame the parents..well hello someone brought this person into the world and seriously f***ed up in the prosses....people need guidlines when being brought into the world, some of them are not getting the correct guidlines and therefore turn into a murderer or something of similar nature.

EDIT: and agree with the post above, its about placing in a fair system. My mother had litereally no money bringing me up but she didnt let that change the way she brought her children up like some parents are.
edit on 15-2-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Jean Valjean would love this.

That crust of bread to feed a starving family....

Laws are made by those in power. If a corrupt government is in power, what do you think the laws will be?

Also, people learn by making mistakes. I stole a pack of gum from a store when I was five or six years old. My Mom marched me back to the store and made me apologize to the manager and EVERY worker.

I have never shoplifted again. So is execution really justified?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
‘OP must be a troll’ is lazy logic.

My first post already discusses innocent cases.

As for what constitutes a crime? I could draw up an official black book of crimes.

Even so called civilised society has never had a problem in hiring the hangman.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Since the average person has committed at least ONE 'crime' in their lifetime....we'd all be dead.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

We are now evolved enough as a species that something must be done about crime. Just knowing that even the smallest of crimes could result in the ultimate cost, would bring down crime in dramatic terms.

Obviously not. I personally do not think that killing every person who commits a minor crime constitutes evolving as a species. In fact I think this idea is de-evolving and barbaric. Let's hope there aren't like minded idiots out there to push an idea like this thru as I'm sure you like most people in the world have broken a law at some point or another.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

hehe my mum did the same thing when i pinched a 10p mix

example of my "good parenting" wins.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
maybe we could just turn out prisoners into slaves like china

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Let me state my case: Crime is blight upon our planet and a gross embarrassment to the innocent and blameless. All crime should be met with capital punishment.

The human misery and financial cost of crime is enormous and never in question.

Criminals always know when they are doing something illegal. We all know right from wrong.

Rich liberals will say ‘what about the wrongly convicted?’ and some will say ‘all crimes? Even shoplifting?’

Yes.

A few legal mistakes would be the acceptable cost for a virtually crime free planet.

The benefits would be fantastic.

No more ‘no go’ areas.
Less murder.
More conscientious behaviour to fellow man.
No more organized crime.
Greater respect for law and justice.
Happier citizens.

All intelligent and law-abiding citizens will agree with me.

edit on 15-2-2012 by mandroids because: (no reason given)

I'm intelligent and law abiding and I don't agree with you. Do you have any idea how many redundant and useless laws there are on the books that fall under your definition of "breaking the law" that should be met with death?

The punishment should fit the crime. You try to shoplift $100 of merchandise from a store and get caught, they should take something of yours worth $100. You steal something of more value that you in turn don't have to be taken from you? Hard Labor doing something that will benefit society.

You kill a person, you get killed.

Assult a person, you get the exact severity of the assult.

Rape a child, you get killed.

Rape a woman, you get killed.

Rape a man, you get killed.

Get caught speeding ( There ARE laws aginst that you know) pay the fine.

Get caught selling unpastuerized milk aross state lines ( There is a current thread about this) Change the law.

Get caught buying or selling a joint? Change the law. Mary Jane is a peaceful woman. Never hurt anyone.

Get caught in the manufacture, transportation, distribtion and/or sales of drugs such as heroin, coc aine and meth, get killed. Those drugs DO hurt and kill people. Alot.

Get in your vehicle drunk, drive and run into somebody killing them, you get killed.There is no excuse for drunk driving. None.

Get in your vehicle drunk and get caught before you hurt anyone, get your licence revoked permenantly and every vehicle you have taken away.

Do away with the power that corporations have over the political stucture in America so that we the people can actually get things done that benefit US, not them.

Change the legal structure in America so that when someone gets caught doing something against the law there isn't the red tape that stretches for 5 years before anything gets done. The whole proess of catching someone doing something illegal, finding them guilty and imposing whatever sentence they deserve should take one day. At best. You want to save money in all this? Start there.

And last but not least, what do you call 100 lawyers on the bottom of the ocean?

A good start.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

My first post already discusses innocent cases. ... I could draw up an official black book of crimes.

The thread title is "All crime should be punished by death" ... the word "all" is an absolute. You can't pick and choose elements in the absolute of the "All".

I didn't see any "innocent" cases above. People listed actual cases which are caused by poorly worded laws.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join