It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Guy on or From ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
this guy on nat geo preppers about blew his hand up and
i know they(nat geo ) were asking around on here
a year ago and i just was hoping this guy is not from here.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps
this guy on nat geo preppers about blew his hand up and
i know they(nat geo ) were asking around on here
a year ago and i just was hoping this guy is not from here.

A little more detail on what you are talking about would be helpful. Which program, when....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
National Geographic 'Doomsday Preppers"

it was just on so i dont think many have seen it

but the guy was not ready to say the least.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
50 bucks says it's Neo96

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
hadn't seen the show yet
sounds fun

have to give it a go ...

Nat Geo was poking round here
how do you know this?

& 2nd op on
hope doods not a member

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Casting Call: Survival documentary turns to ATS for experts...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

I assume you're talking about this flaming nut case that just made a half dozen molotov cocktails out of Everclear bottles and then lit and detonated them into a pile of rocks? That one? I thought about coming on to make a thread myself before seeing yours.
The guy just comitted like 3 or 4 federal crimes relating to the manufacture, possession and use of homemade explosive devices. He's insane and so is this show. Wow.....

THIS is why people who prepare intelligently get a bad name. People just like this.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
i had the same " fear " thats why i ask if some of the
not so bright people on there come here and leave advice
and if so thats all bad. ATS dose not need that kind of rep
or association.

IMO that is

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

sadly - i do not get the same tv chanels or schedule as you

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
people on there that use the term " SHTF " is what makes me think ATS.

the real preppers prep for any emergency, and use the term SHTF

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
doomsday preppers aren't showing survivalist's in a good light. most of them have some screws loose.

i saw one episode where this 30+ year old woman was training her body like an olympic athlete for when the world runs out of oil.

she said she will need to be in intense shape to climb and run her way out of the chaos.

problem is she didn't take into consideration that most estimates place the world running out of oil in 50 years. that would make her 80 years old.

also, that as oil prospecting equipment gets more advanced and technology gets better, they'll tap oil supplies that now are out of reach.

oil won't run out in our life times.

edit on 15-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
2 things you dont do on TV. Shoot your self when your children are present and when the auto loader is known to burp. Anybody catch that one. I gotta wonder if this guy gets a visit from ATF on that rifle the older boy was shooting.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

yep thats the guy........

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
That show is really structured in a certain way. I'd cry foul if they didn't have the follow ups where these nut cases seem perfectly fine with how they came out in the filming.

I watched a couple more episodes as they re-ran and have the DVR set-up to record more. I know it won't be the most popular thing to say, but I was laughing more than anything. It's literally comedy to my way of thinking.

The woman talking about hiking out of the city and the guy in L.A. living along the LA river, by the looks of things, in a full time capacity, seem to tie in my mind for most absurd. The woman talked about how she'd just live on her supplies for 4 weeks or so while TSHTF outside 'and then everyone leaves'......after which she sees herself hiking out of the largely empty city to get to a vehicle she implies is stored outside of the city. Ummm... Okay. Everyone has their right to fantasies I suppose.

The guy living along the LA river was outright hilarious. I'm sorry..he just was. He's carrying around a Mt Everest level expedition pack with everything but the kitchen sink in it. He's carrying a virtual knife store (which the LAPD is surely happy to have learned of by a TV show -doh-
) and 'barter items' as he puts it. Umm... He forsees himself surviving on barter and trade with this pack in L.A. after 'The Big One' earthquake.

Wow.... The first gang banger to spot Crocodile Dundee there and his super pack of goodies will just shoot him and take it. I'd think the guy was an actor or something, but no one seems to be claiming this show isn't genuine and how they present it...so wow. They walk among us, so to speak.

I look forward to seeing more... Forgive me everyone but I just can't help it.. They are absurd stereotypes so extreme that it's comedy.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Crocodile Dundee or Billy Jack?

We all seem to be on the same page with the Persona of Prepping and Nat Geo.
Bugging in but make a cross city trek for your food supply. How about put it under a mattress, all his MRE stuff would fit under a mattress.

One of the guys here ran a thread on Rocket stoves,. I was on Youtube for an hour and a half. So there is a guy in Eugene Or. selling these stoves ready to go for $85 and up. Everybody else earns the T-shirt on making the stove. Its not hard. Its something a prepper should learn how to do. The experience of making special tools or Gizmo's instills confidence, Ingenuity and ability. But No just bypass the whole Boy Scout merit badge process and go to the supply store. God forbid you should loose a screw or something. Go buy one for $85 are you kidding me?? here is the link to the ATS thread on rocket stoves. they are easy to make and very functional, www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

im with you there. yep it's not about having the items to make it. its having the
knowledge and wisdom to keep moving forward.

i think we need to send the nat geo preppers an ATS whistle they can blow it when the SHTF

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Thanks for that Rocket Stove link. I printed the info I could find to add to my own little preparation notebook. That may come in useful some day, to be sure!

Not being prepared is insane..but these people. Whew.... With everything must come moderation.
Some folks just can't spell the word let alone live the concept. lol

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

you are very welcome, if you surf Youtube on them they are so easy and can be made out of any different size cans. that would be laying around ANY PLACE what a little gem of info. And like I said it just breeds into something else that can be done.

new topics

top topics

join