It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smith Offers $1 Million Prize for Successful E-Cat Demo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Dick Smith and the Austrailian Skeptics recently offered Andrea Rossi and his ecat 200,000 dollars if he would come down and present his system for testing. After Rossi balked, and the skeptics brainstormed ideas on how Rossi's system could be a non-working (faked system), they are now offering him 1 million dollars to come down and do a repeat test

Judging by the words in the open letter. I am assuming they know a lot more than they are letting on. And interesting note, is that they mention that Rossi can bring in Kullander and Esson, for the examination. This is after that the two Swedish Skeptics, had admitted they didn't take into account that tampering with a ground wire could produce the energy values Rossi was displaying.

Source

Dick Smith is my name. I am writing to you from Sydney, Australia. Possibly the best information in relation to my background is on Wikipedia – see HERE.

Some time ago I was contacted by Mr Sol Millin of the Byron New Energy Trust. Mr Millin has had extensive communication with you. Mr Millin communicated the advantages of your ECAT unit in relation to energy and how it had the potential to solve the world’s energy problems. Mr Millin said that he had your authority to act on your behalf in relation to an agreement for the Australian “rights” to your invention.

After some discussion, I agreed that I would invest AUD200,000 provided that evidence could be shown that the unit actually worked as claimed.

There has been a lot of to’ing-and-fro’ing since then, with Mr Millin claiming that he has provided me with the evidence and with my insistence that this is not the case.

At one stage Mr Millin even sent me an email (attached) threatening to sue me for one-hundred-million-dollars if I did not proceed with sending him my AUD200,000.

As Mr Millin and I do not seem to be getting anywhere on this issue, I have determined a way that we could possibly break this nexus, i.e. I would like to offer you USD1,000,000 for a successful repeat of the March 29, 2011 demonstration..

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That's what I call putting your money where your mouth is!

I presume a provision of the million dollars will be having free reign to verify test conditions, such as being able to confirm that the ground wire isn't mis-wired, etc.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
As much as I would love to see free or nearly free energy, I just don't see it happening with our current laws of physics.

That being said, ill eat my hat if this worked as advertised.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
this is what money is for

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I would like to offer you USD1,000,000 for a successful repeat of the March 29, 2011 demonstration..

So,,,,,Dick already had a good demonstration, why repeat it?????

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
reply to post by boncho

That's what I call putting your money where your mouth is!

I presume a provision of the million dollars will be having free reign to verify test conditions, such as being able to confirm that the ground wire isn't mis-wired, etc.

It seems as though Smith is asking only for Kullander and Esson to reaffirm their original position. It is possible, that their faith was entirely based on the fact that they couldn't see how the demo was faked, but Smith and Co., have made a quick plausible explanation for that.

Which refers to the post in the other thread we received from them. Or someone purported to be from their camp. (Sorry but the account was not verified as far as I know.)

Another possibility I thought of, is perhaps he will have the energy input regulated through a configuration that only allows the ecat to draw the amount of electricity it is supposed to draw.
edit on 14-2-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It didn't even occur to me they might be sending energy through the ground wire, so that's something I could have missed too on the earlier test. But it is plausible, and once you suspect it there are ways to counter it as you suggest.

If that's what Rossi did, it's pretty sneaky! I was trying to give Rossi the benefit of the doubt that mis-measurements were possibly the result of some kind of incompetence (as they often are with free energy claims), but if the ground wire was intentionally rewired, that's not incompetence, that's fraud.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokoia
So,,,,,Dick already had a good demonstration, why repeat it?????

The successful demonstration was not with Dick Smith. It was overseas, not in Australia, in front of Dick Smith.

If i were backing $200,000 for a "free energy" device, I would want a successful demonstration in front of me.
Especially if i haven't been shown the case, by a salesman/marketeer, and then get threatened to be "sued" by that same idiot for $100,000,000.

By how that guy is acting, it sounds like a con-job. Especially if they are baulking at the idea of having to demonstrate it again... in front of a potential investor...
edit on 14-2-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

That was one of the first things I thought about. However, I read other comments which claimed to eliminate that, however, the Australian's did a fine job of explaining just how it could be done.

I would love for them to get their test done with the ecat. I highly doubt Rossi will take them up on the offer however.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Gotta hand it to Dick Smith n 'co... It's put up or shutup time for Rossi now.. No-one would turn down a $1,000,000 investment unless they were a fraud. I guess we'll just have to watch this space!

The best thing to come out of all this for me, is the knowledge that Dick Smith is actively pusueing alternative energy technologies and has the brains AND the brawn to back someone up if a viable system truely does exist.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
get threatened to be "sued" by that same idiot for $100,000,000.

By how that guy is acting, it sounds like a con-job.
Good point.

Threatening to sue your investor who asks for a demo is not the behavior of a legitimate entrepreneur.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funk bunyip
Gotta hand it to Dick Smith n 'co... It's put up or shutup time for Rossi now.. No-one would turn down a $1,000,000 investment unless they were a fraud.
In that case, he's a fraud. He turned it down:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why should he want a million dollars for doing a demo when he'd accept a million dollars for building an entire plant? That's his reply...does it make sense? I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It would seem so. Who in their right mind would make a million dollar purchase without being allowed to test it to their satisfaction first?

Rossi is looking shadier and shadier.

That said, i'm not prepared to write the subject off and will keep an open mind about LENR.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
A million bucks would go a long way towards Rossi mass producing E-cats. He refused to re-demo. That tells me he's hiding something. BUSTED.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

"Dick Smith’s $1m challenge to Defkalion ended when the Australian businessman pulled out. Citing Defkalion’s insistence on secrecy as a deal killer, Smith will watch the outcome of the forthcoming Hyperion tests before deciding what to do next.

The result is unsurprising given the Aussie’s determination to publish events and communications as they happen. Convinced that both Rossi and Defkalion are conducting a scam, he felt no need to hide his scorn and many watchers (this one included) could see where things were headed from minute one. The hard sceptics will blame Defkalion and many others, Smith."

ecatnews.com...

top topics

join