It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian boats shadow U.S. ship through Strait of Hormuz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

ABOARD THE USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN (AP) – Iranian patrol boats and aircraft shadowed a U.S. aircraft carrier strike group as it passed through the Strait of Hormuz on Tuesday, ending a Gulf mission amid heightened tensions with Tehran that include threats to choke off vital oil shipping lanes.

www.usatoday.com...

If you ask me, a patrol is a friendly gesture. If an Iranian ship was off Gulf of Mexico I'm sure it would be sunk faster than the Carnival cruise off Italian waters.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
And if you ask me, your going to be looking at another Gulf of Tonkin. This is the direction the future is headed. Prepare now, stop looking at the distractions.

halfpasthuman.com...

On March 2, 2012, the zionists (isreali mossad and cia agents) who are the stooges of the central banksters, will attack an American naval ship (as they did with the USS Liberty). They will try to sink this ship with a huge loss of life of American sailors. They will pretend to be Iranians to make you mad at Iran. They intend to provoke officialdom in the US and Russia and China into killing us all. Much of officialdom (masons, illuminati, agents of rome (opus dei et al), zionists) are in on this false flag attack, and their fervent hope for WAR to end your life, and the lives of over ONE BILLION other humans (your relatives on this pla

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I agree, and we don't have to feel sorry for Iran because it seems like they will be the big winners eventually.

The US cants stay in the middle east forever, but Iran is in the middle east and will be there forever.

As far as whos right or wrong, the zionists are wrong and there enough evidence to prove that.

the zionist agenda is revealed, its only a matter of time before the people join the cause

ATS is the best example, people here already joined the cause, on ATS there is no place for zionist propaganda

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

If you ask me, a patrol is a friendly gesture. If an Iranian ship was off Gulf of Mexico I'm sure it would be sunk faster than the Carnival cruise off Italian waters

This is very important. The Iranians have had plenty of chances to act against the US but have not done so. They are showing great restraint in not being as aggressive against the US as some of the warmongers claim them to be.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Nothing to see here. The carrier was LEAVING the gulf and EXITING through the strait......even the US officials said Iran didnt do anything that the US wouldnt do if a ship were traveling close to our shores.

There is nothing gulf of tonkin about this...not even close!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

I agree. I sense a false flag event in the Strait of Hormuz. The stock market is acting like it is expecting war. The "fear factor" ETFs (VXX and VFX futures) are climbing faster than the market is falling, which means the big money players are scared and running away. They all know something, and are being proactive about protecting their wealth. Typically, the market will fall faster than the fear factor, but today it is the other way around. The market is only down 64 points or so, but the VXX is climbing the walls. This is unusual and worth noting for its timing. Maybe the big players are jumping the gun and will get caught with their pants down, but as with the week before 9/11, the vermin take their cheese and bail.

When the rats abandon the ship and swim away, it is only a matter of time.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Showing great restraint?

Or showing common sense?

Its not very common for a mouse to attack a lion, that doesnt mean its showing restraint, it just doesnt want its @$$ kicked.

edit on 14-2-2012 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by CALGARIAN

If you ask me, a patrol is a friendly gesture. If an Iranian ship was off Gulf of Mexico I'm sure it would be sunk faster than the Carnival cruise off Italian waters

This is very important. The Iranians have had plenty of chances to act against the US but have not done so. They are showing great restraint in not being as aggressive against the US as some of the warmongers claim them to be.

Riiiiight! After announcing to the world that if a strike group entered the strait, which is considered International waters. they would be sunk and that "We only give one warning because we're so tough," when one does go through the strait (for the second time since their "warning," btw), they are showing "great restraint." Actually, they are being prudent. Should they get close enough, they would be blown out of the water. The Strait of Hormuz does not belong to Iran. Had they not shown "great restraint" and fired on American ships in international waters, they would have started a war. Given the fact that there is more firepower on that one aircraft carrier than all of Iran's air force put together, showing "great restraint" seems a prudent move on their part.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Showing great restraint?

Or showing common sense?

Its not very common for a mouse to attack a lion, that doesnt mean its showing restraint, it just doesnt want is @$$ kicked.

perhaps you should save that for the 3rd grade play ground talk.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

There needs to be people filming all the us carriers day and night with DSLRs with telephot lenses nonstop to document the gulf of Tonkin type event that may happen to see who the liars ate

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
There needs to be people filming all the us carriers day and night with DSLRs with telephot lenses nonstop to document the gulf of Tonkin type event that may happen to see who the liars ate

What, you don't think Iranian intelligence isn't filming all this?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
If you ask me, a patrol is a friendly gesture. If an Iranian ship was off Gulf of Mexico I'm sure it would be sunk faster than the Carnival cruise off Italian waters.

"If you ask me, a patrol is a friendly gesture."

International waters. Sorry, guess, if the Iranians had tried anything, the US would well be within their rights to turn it into a floating funeral pyre.

top topics

join