It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased 2012 Seismic Activity in CALIFORNIA & World - North America's 'Big One' Imminent?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

US – Strong 5.6 earthquake near Eureka

Northern California Seismic Network (NCSN) say that at this time (immediately after the mainshock) the probability of a strong and possibly damaging aftershock in the next seven days is approximately 28 %

edit on 14-2-2012 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Your thread title says "Increased 2012 Seismic Activity in CALIFORNIA & World - North America's 'Big One' Imminent?", but you addressed none of these statements, only a piece about a relatively insignificant earthquake.

The graph in your external image is misleading at best and seeks to distort the actual picture. (I do realise it is not yours so not shooting the messenger). The count of mag 6.5+ quakes has not varied significantly between 1960 and 2010 (the only chart I have access to at present as I can't get at the old files) and whilst the 2011 count was high, half of those were from Honshu alone. Read nu 2011 report (signature) for details.

Some proof of this increased seismicity in 2012 would be appreciated. I must have missed it.

North America's 'Big One' will not be in California of that you can rest assured. The dubious privilege of hosting that event will fall to Cascadia and yes it may not be far away geologically speaking, or could be tomorrow. The potential is already there.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I used to live in the Bay Area of California, just moved right outside of the bay area. I would say my biggest fear is earthquakes. It's just the fact that I can't do anything but it is shaking everything around me(including myself).

So I have been watching earthquakes for years now. Once I seen this one happen in Eureka, I am on watch.
I used to think the bay area would get hit again, it will happen.

But the Cascadia range should be next, anytime....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socom408
I used to live in the Bay Area of California, just moved right outside of the bay area. I would say my biggest fear is earthquakes. It's just the fact that I can't do anything but it is shaking everything around me(including myself).

I have lived in the ca bay are my whole life. All you can do is take note of what you don't want flying around your house/workspace. One could hit right now as I drink my coffee, all we can do is react.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

North America's 'Big One' will not be in California of that you can rest assured. .

Thanks for the criticism,
I feel so "assured"... by semantics

top topics

join