It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we know who wrote it...stop

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
obviously everyone has not realized this so hopefully this will help the slower ones. if you post something in one of the forums, look to the left of your post and BAM theres your avatar and your screen name. its so annoying to read a post just to see that they 'signed' it at the bottom. we know you wrote it....it tells us so...stop

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
you may have a point there, whatever your name is.

Biigs.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I see nothing wrong with signing your name.

Of all the things in this broken world to rant about, you publish a few lines ranting on the way people sign their posts?

Say it ain't so.

Apples That Eat People
Planets That Eat Stars
The Clown

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

you know what annoys me - people who have thier user name colour and mini-profile background colour eith identical or so similar that is impossible to read [ without hi-light select ] or can only be read in bright light

so get over it

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

im color blind so looks a little different to me i suppose. anyway, good point.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I get your point, not for or against I just lol when I see someone who signs the post and has their name in their signature area. Each to there own really, that's why we have freedoms

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET
obviously everyone has not realized this so hopefully this will help the slower ones. if you post something in one of the forums, look to the left of your post and BAM theres your avatar and your screen name. its so annoying to read a post just to see that they 'signed' it at the bottom. we know you wrote it....it tells us so...stop

You know what annoys me?

People who don't use capital letters when starting a sentence, or people who use RANDOM capital letters to bring a points across. BAM.

But hey, i don't rant about it, i just accept it.

VVV

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

If you are going to try and correct me you could at least do things right in your own post. I'm not here to correct the way you typed, just pointing out that you calling me out on random capitalization means nothing when you fail to capitalize your 'i' repeatedly. Glad you are the expert though...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Hrm, funny that mate.

Since English is not my first language, or my mother tongue, I do make mistakes.

I called you out on the absurdness of ranting about someone signing their posts. I used your errors as an example of something to rant about.

So be calm, this is not something to get worked up about.

vvv

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET
reply to post by ignorant_ape

im color blind so looks a little different to me i suppose. anyway, good point.

Two questions.
Is that a picture of you in the avvie?
And if so, how are you in the armed forces with colour blindness? My SO is colour blind and can have no military career due to it.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Seems like a silly thing to get worked up about OP...really it's not that big of a deal.

Sometimes in chat a poster (like the VVV for instance...) might use two letters as oppose to typing out their whole screen name...makes things a bit handier...and let's me know their preference to a name.

For example...my avatar says "jerryznv"...but I prefer to just go by "jerry"...now if I sign my post that way...now you know it too...no harm...no foul...works well for everyone!

Just my two cents!

edit on 14-2-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

You wouldnt want to be involved in an accidental greyish on greyish combat

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Yes that is me in the picture. Being color blind does not exclude you from military service, but it does cause certain military jobs to be unavailable to you.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I address people that I have corresponded with (back and forth), and have shown themselves to be halfway reasonable, with the salutation "Dear _______,

For those individuals, I close with:

With respect,
Charles1952

I do this not to identify myself, but to mimic signing a letter or perhaps even a contract. I want that person to know that I truly have respect for them, and here's my signature on it.

I don't know why others do it, but I hope my explanation helps a little.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

what I don't like is the Avatars that portrait someone as something they are not.Or can never be. Lets say they have a Doctor avatar and their name in Dr. So-n-so then they admit something in a post where they dont have hands or have been blind since berth. You Know what I mean SgtSecret?
edit on 14-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
FYI if you aren't logged in all you can see is quotes

thanks!

DoctorNotForHIre

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
ahah this post was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh OP! All this talk about pagan concepts of Hell over on my hell thread was making me tense.

Iason321

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Dear SGTSECRET,

There are a number of annoting things people do here.

like double spacing every sentence.

Writting "Dear" at every response.

Signed,
(see name to the left)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Some of us sign off with our former names ~ Aggie Man

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Muttley2012

I'm so confused...

top topics