It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Chechen Warlord Takes Credit for Beslan Attack, Promises More

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Shamil Basayev, a Chechen warlord, claimed responsibility for the Beslan school attack which killed over 300 people. He also promised that there would be future attacks in the fight for an independent Chechnya. Basayev is currently the most wanted man in Russia. Putin has accused the rebels of having support international terrorists, Basayev denied the allegations and stated he has no connections to Bin Laden. He then went on to provide a spending account of the cost of the terrorist attacks.

www.reuters.com
"We are not bound by any circumstances, or to anybody, and we will continue to fight as is convenient and advantageous to us, and by our rules," he said in a statement.

Basayev, taking up Putin's charges of links between Chechen separatists and a wider international network of terror, denied any links with al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

"I don't know bin Laden. I don't get money from him, but I wouldn't turn it down," he said.

Basayev outlined the costs of recent attacks.

The plane explosions cost $4,000 to carry out, two explosions in Moscow $7,000 and the bill for the Beslan attack came to 8,000 euros ($9,700), he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Any man who would make the conscious decision to use children and a school in his war campaign for independence is extremely evil and "inhuman" and a true terrorist. It's interesting to note that Basayev has only one leg due to a mine incident and has lost 11 family members due to fighting with Russians over Chechnya. Basayev chilling admittance should hopefully put to rest any confusion as which group was behind the horrific attacks.

Related ATSNN Links:

Armed Men Storm Russian School; Children Hostage
Russia Warns West Against Meddling in Chechnya
Chechen Separatists Say �Third Force� Behind Terrorist Attacks
Chechen Seperatist Deny Involvement in Attacks

[edit on 9-17-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Rebel leader Basayev laid claim to the Beslan massacre.
Saying it was the "vampire" in Moscows fault, blaming Putin.
He also claimed the 2 jet crashing as being done by his people.

edition.cnn.com
MOSCOW, Russia (CNN) -- Chechen terrorist leader Samil Basayev has claimed responsibility for several recent terrorist attacks in Russia, including a school hostage siege that left more than 300 adults and children dead, according to a rebel Web site.

In a ranting and rambling e-mail message posted on Kavkazcenter.com, Basayev said his "Shahid Brigade Riadus-Salahina" carried out a series of "successful militant operations."

In addition to the siege in Beslan, he claimed responsibility for a Moscow metro bombing that killed 10 people and explosions that downed two passenger jets, killing 90. It was impossible to confirm whether the message was genuine.

Russia's Foreign Ministry quickly reacted to the claims, saying Friday the attacks were tied to international terrorism.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This situation in Russia is just going to get much worse.
Their war on terror is taking place within their own borders.
Desperate people do crazy things.

[edit on 9-17-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
nevermind.

[edit on 9-17-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I feel that this is the admission that Putin has been waiting for. thes Rebels are about to feel the wrath of a bear that they shouldnt have awoke in the first place. I would say God help them, but after the slaughter of school children, there is no torture or punishment to great for ALL OF THOSE INVOLVED! If we are lucky, we might find that Rebel leader Samil Basayev has his head on a pike at the Kremlins front gate!

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It seems pretty difficult to end massive violence by using even more violence again it.

Either way a whole lot of innocent people are gonna get killed...

Russia is already doing away with alot of their direct elections. You dont even get to vote for who's in office.. just that party you prefer.

top topics

join