It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Woolly Mammoth' Video a Hoax, Original Footage Proves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Last week, a new video surfaced claiming to show a live woolly mammoth — an animal scientists think has been extinct for at least four millennia — crossing a river in Russia. The suspiciously blurry footage was allegedly "caught by a government-employed engineer last summer in the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug region of Siberia," according to a story in The Sun newspaper. The video became an Internet sensation, making headlines around the world. Some Bigfoot believers and Loch Ness Monster lovers murmured their tentative approval, hoping it proved that large unknown (or assumed extinct) animals still exist in Earth's remote wilds. While most people didn't believe that the animal in the video was really a woolly mammoth as claimed, viewers were sharply divided about what exactly it was.

story

yep, move this into the HOAX bin folks...
edit on 2/14/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Yep only pic i saw from it is from 'The Sun' which is complete BS.

Even the page 3 girls are airbrushed lol

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Majority of the people who viewed it should have known it was a fake within the first 5 seconds..

1) It was filmed with a potato (In other words, horrible quality)
2) The person only filmed it for a short time. I mean.. If that was really a Woolly Mammoth, wouldn't you get closer to it and film it for 10+ minutes?
3) It's the same as "UFO" videos. For Example.. "Oh hey, look.. It's an Alien ship, let's film it with our very poor camera for 20 seconds and upload it to the internet"

edit on 14-2-2012 by Nuker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nuker

Majority of the people who viewed it should have known it was a fake within the first 5 seconds..

Well this is ATS and honestly the number of retards that believe everything they read or see on this site amazes me daily. Show half the members a flashlight 20 feet away and it's a UFO. Show those same people anything fluffy and out of focus it's got to be bigfoot or a mammoth and you are a disinfo agent or govt. shill if you DARE to raise any doubts.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I couldn't have said it any better.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I saw the "hoax" video footage. It looked like a brown bear carrying a large fish in it's mouth.

Why doesn't this article supply a link to the original video?

Hmmmm, now I'm starting to wonder, maybe it really was a mammoth.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
Why doesn't this article supply a link to the original video?

There's a link in the bottom left to the original video.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
can't seem to find the original footage on the yahoo link you provided, but then again it's 1 am and i'm pretty tired..
could someone provide a link to the original footage (the one without the "mammoth")? thanks

edit: nevermind i found one on youtube: it compares the original to the fake one. =)

edit on 14/2/12 by bladebosq because: added video

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The only thing I ever thought was cool about the video was that it got a mention on the Today show

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bladebosq

The link to the video is broken, so I just wanted to add these:

Apparently, this one is the original footage:

I'm the guy that filmed the river footage in the Sayan Mountains that now hosts a fake woolly mammoth. It was taken in the summer of 2011, the river is the Kitoy river and I don't recall seeing a mammoth; there were bears, dear and sable to name a few mammals but no woolly mammoths. I had no idea my footage was used to make this fake sighting and question if a law was broken here.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

oh ok... sorry bout that

thanks

new topics

top topics

join