It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humming / ringing / droaning sound in Sunderland , North East England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Please excuse my spelling , its too early

I woke up at about 1:30 am and had something to eat , a cup of coffee , then took a dump
. When i was sitting on the toilet i could hear a really loud ringing noise , like a U.F.O sound from a cheesy 50`s movie or something , so i finished my business and came downstairs to let the dogs out and have a listen for it.

Its now 4:53 am , and i can still hear the ringing / humming noise , i recorded it with my mobile phone since i dont own a cam-corder, and now feel like a bit of a knob for not having one , but i also dont have a lead to put it on my pc and my mobile is a fossil.

I did a search online and couldn`t find anything apart from a couple of isolated reports , one in canada and one in a small village here in England , the one in Canada has been dismissed because the poster is regestered as being from India , and the one in the village is a video about it but it does not record the sound.

Village - www.feelguide.com...

Canada - www.godlikeproductions.com...

Then i searched .... "Humming Noise" ... and right at the top of the results was this .....

en.wikipedia.org...

" The Hum is most often described as sounding somewhat like a distant idling diesel engine "

This is exactly what i am hearing.

Has anyone else heard this sound ? I live next to factory units , but none of them work at night.
Considering no one is in the factories during the night other than the security guards it can not be anything in there , and does not sound close enough. (i live on ST Luke`s Road , right next to the fence for the factories)

Here`s my location ....

maps.google.co.uk...,or.r_gc.r_pw .,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=651&wrapid=tlif132919541658311&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Now if you zoom in on where it says Sunderland , you should see - Pallion -, zoom in on Pallion and you`ll see the factories i`m talking about ........ if you scroll out a little on that map you`ll see that where i live is mainly a housing estate in the largest North Eastern City in England , the River Wear runs through the city, and there is factories either side of the river. But this droaning noise sounds really distant. Can anyone think of what the hell this noise could be ?

I personnally beleive it has nothing to do with any machinery what so ever in Sunderland , it sounds like its in the sky , and i`m hoping there`s not going to be any "strange" activity on our coast line any time soon , since wherever these humming noises are reported they always seem to be followed by earthquakes volcano eruptions and general "apocolyptic events".

Keep your eyes open for "earthquake / tsunami in Sunderland" some time this month

edit on 13-2-2012 by RockLobster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Hope nothing happens - Sunderland my old home town - now living in New Zealand.( Arreet!)

No seriously though - theres a scientific report that was posted just in the last few days, I'll try and find it for you.

It has been heard in many countries.

Here's a BBC link about it:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Still looking for the Science one.
edit on 13-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

Quite a bit reading in this one - don't know if you went to Ford Hall lol (only kidding) or was it the Bede.
www.btinternet.com...:

edit on 13-2-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Sometimes the semi trailers with refridgeration units run where they are parked if unloading is not forthcomming....
Not a reefer motor hey?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It could have been the Gritters out - have you had any snow - or have you been to the Club lol

second

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

www.btinternet.com...

Cheers mate , looks interesting - reading it now.

Nah `a went to Pennywell School , Ford Hall`s just an empty shell these days , the council use it for storage when they`re modernising the estate....... bad idea , there`s more lead came out of that place than Germany in WWII

Anyway , they used to play tiggy with the axe in that place

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

nah theres been no ice here for over a fortnight now , plus , they only do the main roads around here and it takes about 10 minutes.

no drink since saturday , saving myself for the F.A cup

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm an artist and have done a few of SFC I'd upload them here for you but don't know how to - if you send me a private message with your email I know how to mail them - you might be able to print them off.

Anyway back to the noise - don't suppose Pyrex is still there is it. Or maybe something going on down the river???

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Here's a load of info and videos of the sound - enjoy
www.redicecreations.com...

second

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I heard a loud ringing sound when I got home at 2:30 am, can't tell what or where it was coming from...didn't see anything either. USA, NC.

I live15 miles from the city and I've never heard it before...don't know what it was?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RockLobster

parsnip this ...

I've heard nowt when I go there for the match (Was there on Saturday for the Arsenal match)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Hope nothing happens - Sunderland my old home town - now living in New Zealand.( Arreet!)

Quite interesting it never happened on New Zealand yet. Maybe this is a Northern Hemisphere phenomenon only?

Or did the Borg deemed us unworthy of assimilation??

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I just got massive chill bumps. Man , i am hearing this too. I dont know what to say , i have been outside for nearly an hour just listening. We do live near some railroad tracks , so i was just listening to see if it was a train.

An hour later , still this steady real deep humming noise. It literally sounds like a deep diesel engine noise just idling.

Weird! I spend many nights out in the weather and i do not remember hearing this noise until recently.

I live in Mississippi (USA).

One hour of this low constant idling sound. I mean it would pulsate a bit to and it had a in synch rhythm. It just stayed the same , never really changed rhythms.

Word!

Gonna go back out see if i can get it on my phone.

-----

I just dont know if my phone will catch it , there isnt really any "sound" it's just a deep base pulsating.

----

Yeah , i tried , my phone just cant pick it up. It is easy to distinguish the base of the sound from the environment , i mean easily. It is that it doesnt make any noise , it's just a really low base sound. This has confirmed the sound without a doubt for me though.
edit on 14-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Was it more of a moaning/groaning sound??
Itll be all your fans remembering our 4-1 and 5-1 victorys

black and white army!! haha
edit on 14-2-2012 by GeeDee because: more banter

top topics

join